What HEALTHY foods are you craving and/or do you just LOVE?

Options

Replies

• jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Almonds, greek yogurt
  • Lexandrea
    Lexandrea Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm not craving anything right at this moment but I adore sweet oatmeal in differen variations like chocolate and peanut butter or cinnamon vanilla/maple with peanut butter, unsweetened vanilla greek yogurt with cherries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries and strawberries with regular or vanilla almond milk. They're best uncooked in a tall smoothie jar and kept in the fridge the night before. love. Oh, and i sometimes add egg whites into them.
  • skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I love healthy foods, but portion control is my issue and why I'm in this situation. I crave:
    sweet potatoes
    dark chocolate
    apples
    frozen berries
    fresh berries
    bananas
    peanut butter
    almond butter
    granola
    whole grains
    whole wheat english muffins
    honey
    greek yogurt
    cottage cheese
    roasted winter squash
    beans
    lentils
    whole grain baked goods
    quark
    yogurt
    all brain
    fiber one cereal
    protein bars
    granola bars
    trail mix
    dried fruits
    nuts
    seeds
    chickpea snacks
    roasted fava beans
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I'm not craving anything right at this moment but I adore sweet oatmeal in differen variations like chocolate and peanut butter or cinnamon vanilla/maple with peanut butter, unsweetened vanilla greek yogurt with cherries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries and strawberries with regular or vanilla almond milk. They're best uncooked in a tall smoothie jar and kept in the fridge the night before. love. Oh, and i sometimes add egg whites into them.

Never thought about these combos...they sound like the YUM!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Craving homemade slow cooked chicken and dumplings--made with organic chicken and lots of organic veggies, herbs and spices!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Strawberries! But unfortunately I don't like them unless they have at least a little bit of sugar on them. But still, I love strawberries so much

I too love strawberries raw so much. I didn't eat strawberries raw until I was grown. The only way we ate them growing up was with/soaked in heavy cream and sugar. I much prefer them raw now...didn't like them back then (in cream and sugar).
  • Sleekit
    Sleekit Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am all about the fresh veggies, especially since lots are coming into season and I will be able to grow some of my own. Roasted in the oven, bbq kabobs, stirfry.... I love 'em! Also I am totally addicted to having hemp hearts sprinkled on my food now. Delicious protein... mmmm
  • jess_goobie
    jess_goobie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    sweet potatoes,

I have seen lots of people mention coconut?

like the hole fruit and break it open fresh and eat it?

dried?

iv only bought and tasted the bag kind thats shredded that you use for baking? Isnt that full of sugar?

I would love to try the coconut? Where do I get it?
  • harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter!
  • lisagregory01
    lisagregory01 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I love all vegetables, especially roasted! Turkey burgers (P90X recipe). But my new favorite, quick lunch is Chick fil-a grilled nuggets and a fruit cup! I could eat it every day!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    foie gras, that stuff is amazing.

Protein bars, I just don't eat them.

Carrot cake, which I can't eat thanks to walnuts...

Carrot Juice.
  • kaylacollinscna
    kaylacollinscna Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Silk Soy Chocolate Milk!
    And my chicken noodle soup! Mmmm~
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    better 'n peanut butter with strawberries! or any fruit really.. LOVE peanut butter :)
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Bananas, cherries, peanuts, cashews, almonds, green bell pepper, protein bars, kay I'm going to stop there.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Roasted veggies! (sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, beets...etc separately or mix and match) They taste great, go with just about any lean protein, are really easy to make, very healthy and if you line the pan with foil, the clean up is easy too. Just throw away the foil.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    foie gras, that stuff is amazing.

Protein bars, I just don't eat them.

Carrot cake, which I can't eat thanks to walnuts...

Carrot Juice.

so make it without the nuts. No need to be deprived of the things we love.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Beefless veggie burgers--BAM! Now I've had all kinds of veggie burgers over the years, but this brand, Gardein Ultimate Beefless Burger is sooooooo good, it's crazy good--loaded with organic Romaine, Thick Tomatoes, sunflower Sprouts, roasted garlic mayo, horseradish mustard, grilled purple onions on a Pepperidge Farm wholewheat slider bun-- and a big ole glass of ice cold water to drink--THE YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mrsmarit
    mrsmarit Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Right now I am addicted to Van's Natural Foods - Power Grains 10g Protein Waffles. Like I could eat a box a day if they weren't so dang expensive.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Broccoli.....I could eat that forever and ever and ever.

Grapefruit too!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Just am waiting with baited breath for cherry season to arrive!