Replies

• jeyko
    jeyko Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I love it!
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I would grab the popcorn but that would put me over my caloric goal.
  • freebird777
    Options

And I love my feminist guy friends and boyfriend. I

They are only saying and acting feminist to get in your pants:wink:

The gay ones, too?! Weird...
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this. It is something I have been struggling with.
  • bricktowngal
    Options
    Like it! :drinker:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Meh, I just want to be respected.
  • tlorance100
    Options
    i disagree with this sexist piece of crap. i have no desire to feel desired. i want certain people to hate me. thank u

This isn't about certain people, though, but about the one you have chosen to spend your life with. More than a fair share of marriages fall apart because one spouse finds the attention elsewhere that was not given at home. I've been married for 15 wonderful years, but without respect, appreciation and desire on both of our parts, we would have not made it this long, especially as we age and body parts are not quite in the same places they used to be, LOL!
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

And I love my feminist guy friends and boyfriend. I

They are only saying and acting feminist to get in your pants:wink:

The gay ones, too?! Weird...

no they want to wear our pants...(giggles) even some straight ones...but that's another thread
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options

^^^
    me too sister...And I just want to laugh and keep life light most of the time. I'm not that high maintenance. If I ask, I want the truth. And if I have to ask my hubby if he loves me, that's dumb. When I really need to say is "I need a hug or a kiss from you" since that's what I really want, without putting the focus on something he isn't doing right when it's MY needs I need to express properly.

And if I ask if something makes me look you fat and it does, DON'T lie. haha
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    This is what I say to my girl:

You know I'd fall apart without you
    I don't know how you do what you do
    'Cause everything that don't make sense about me
    Makes sense when I'm with you

Like everything that's green, girl, I need you
    But it's more than one and one makes two
    Put aside the math and the logic of it
    You gotta know you're wanted too

'Cause I wanna wrap you up
    Wanna kiss your lips
    I wanna make you feel wanted
    And I wanna call you mine
    Wanna hold your hand forever
    And never let you forget it
    Yeah, I, I wanna make you feel wanted

Anyone can tell you you're pretty, yeah
    And you get that all the time, I know you do
    But your beauty's deeper than the make-up
    And I wanna show you what I see tonight...

When I wrap you up
    When I kiss your lips.
    I I wanna make you feel wanted
    'Cause, baby, I, I wanna make you feel wanted

As good as you make me feel
    I wanna make you feel better
    Better than your fairy tales
    Better than your best dreams
    You're more than everything I need
    You're all I ever wanted
    All I ever wanted

And I just wanna wrap you up
    Wanna kiss your lips
    I wanna make you feel wanted
    Yeah, I wanna make you feel wanted
    Baby, I wanna make you feel wanted

You'll always be wanted
    Thanks Hunter Hayes.
  • jersey_jenn
    jersey_jenn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    there's not much worse (in this type of subject obviously) then spending extra time to get ready for something, to look your best, and barely get a glance and a grunt. no, I don't want constant praise and compliments, but at least look at me, smile, something.
    I like that poem, to me, its true.
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options

^^^
    me too sister...And I just want to laugh and keep life light most of the time. I'm not that high maintenance. If I ask, I want the truth. And if I have to ask my hubby if he loves me, that's dumb. When I really need to say is "I need a hug or a kiss from you" since that's what I really want, without putting the focus on something he isn't doing right when it's MY needs I need to express properly.

And if I ask if something makes me look you fat and it does, DON'T lie. haha

This but I do not ask if something makes me look fat because if I need to ask if it makes me look fat then I already know it do's .
  • Feminism is not refusing to accept being treated like a woman. Feminism is being equal between men and women. Even as an equal, you can still appreciate being complimented and treated like you're special; even as a feminist, you can accept that you are female. Feminism is often misinterpreted as a desire to be unfeminine, and that's not true. I'm a feminist. I am fully aware of the disparity between the treatment of each sex; I am fully aware of the way that lesbians are treated in comparison to men and heterosexual women. I am both a feminist and a lesbian. I love it when my girlfriend tells me that I'm beautiful, and she loves it when I tell her the same. Just because you believe that men and women ought to be treated as equals doesn't mean that you need to debunk being desired and cherished.
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Feminism is not refusing to accept being treated like a woman. Feminism is being equal between men and women. Even as an equal, you can still appreciate being complimented and treated like you're special; even as a feminist, you can accept that you are female. Feminism is often misinterpreted as a desire to be unfeminine, and that's not true. I'm a feminist. I am fully aware of the disparity between the treatment of each sex; I am fully aware of the way that lesbians are treated in comparison to men and heterosexual women. I am both a feminist and a lesbian. I love it when my girlfriend tells me that I'm beautiful, and she loves it when I tell her the same. Just because you believe that men and women ought to be treated as equals doesn't mean that you need to debunk being desired and cherished.

Beautifully said!
  • LibertyBelle89
    Options
    i love this...100% true!
  • PhattphlabbieAquarian
    Options
    Men need the same thing. All I get from my wife, who doesn't work, and won't work, is what have you done for me lately? Oh, feeding me, clothing me, putting a roof over my head, providing me with a comfortable lifestyle doesn't count. What have you done the "marriage"? (As if "The Marriage" is a thing)

Do I get some much as a "thank you" for bringing home a paycheck? Nope! Do I get appreciation for ANYTHING I do? Nope!

It's a two way street ladies.
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    Men need the same thing. All I get from my wife, who doesn't work, and won't work, is what have you done for me lately? Oh, feeding me, clothing me, putting a roof over my head, providing me with a comfortable lifestyle doesn't count. What have you done the "marriage"? (As if "The Marriage" is a thing)

Do I get some much as a "thank you" for bringing home a paycheck? Nope! Do I get appreciation for ANYTHING I do? Nope!

It's a two way street ladies.

tumblr_mlo7u5gnx11qlvwnco1_400.gif
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    No you don't...you really want to have your hair pulled and to be spanked
  • Tennolina
    Tennolina Posts: 2,413
    Options
    Feminism is not refusing to accept being treated like a woman. Feminism is being equal between men and women. Even as an equal, you can still appreciate being complimented and treated like you're special; even as a feminist, you can accept that you are female. Feminism is often misinterpreted as a desire to be unfeminine, and that's not true. I'm a feminist. I am fully aware of the disparity between the treatment of each sex; I am fully aware of the way that lesbians are treated in comparison to men and heterosexual women. I am both a feminist and a lesbian. I love it when my girlfriend tells me that I'm beautiful, and she loves it when I tell her the same. Just because you believe that men and women ought to be treated as equals doesn't mean that you need to debunk being desired and cherished.

Love this!
  • FunandFitMom
    FunandFitMom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Haven't heard truer words in a long time :)