Replies

• jsingley899
    jsingley899 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! :)
  • JohnDun
    JohnDun Posts: 140
    Options
    Well thats Week 7 completed....even managed an extra 90 seconds......I really have to say to folks..dont give up.....week 7 looks really bad as its 5mins brisk walk and 25mins jog but by the time you have completed all the other weeks you will really be suprised at how easy week 7 is...now roll on week 8....only 6 more sessions to complete.... ;-)
  • lindsienygaard
    lindsienygaard Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 4 day 2! Add me!
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I finished week 4 today. I feel stronger with every run. Starting week 5 on Friday and for the first time I"m not petrified. I think because its still a 5 minute run,which I now know I can do, its not as scary. Everyone is doing awesome!! I love reading the process.
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I just started Week 7 yesterday, and did my first 5k on 4/6/13. Love the program, and looking forward to "graduating". Feel free to add me, peeps :D
  • Nightcrawler2010
    Options
    Just finsihed week 1 :)
  • bryionak
    bryionak Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Just finsihed week 1 :)

Good job. I finished week 6 day 2 last night. the run walk intervals are over!
  • sjenkin6
    sjenkin6 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm still on week 1. Is anyone else feeling a pain in their shins when running? It's different from a burn.
  • txmomma0889
    txmomma0889 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Did Week 1 Day 1 Yesterday.
  • bryionak
    Options
    I'm still on week 1. Is anyone else feeling a pain in their shins when running? It's different from a burn.

had this a lot at first. You need to build up your calf muscles and stuff around your shins. Also make sure you stretch them out. I have found the best way to do this is get into downward dog then alternate bending one knee and pressing the other heel into the ground. That helped me quite a bit. Hope it helps you.
  • bryionak
    Options
    Did Week 1 Day 1 Yesterday.

Good job. Getting started was the hardest for me. Patience is also hard, but stick with it. I am amazed how far I have come over the last 6 - 8 weeks.
  • beckimj
    beckimj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    W7D2 yesterday :) I have been all on treadmill so when I graduate, I am going to start over at the beginning, but outside...if it ever stops snowing here :)
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it! On week 2 right now. I kind of did day 1 yesterday. I say "kind of" because it was killing me (I'm very out of shape) so I shortened a couple of the 1.5 minute runs to 1.2 minutes.

I plan to do the Pretty Muddy run in Chicago on Sept 7. :happy:
  • Cherylllyn
    Cherylllyn Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm on week three of the C25K program. Feel free to add me.:smile:
  • Jamiew3kids
    Jamiew3kids Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Im still here and so happy from all the new friends I have made with this topic! I have my 5k coming up on May 11th. It has been over 3 years since I did a race. I am super excited and nervous..:embarassed:
  • MsStang02
    MsStang02 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Perfect!! I would love to buddy up for C25K! I was just thinking the same thing :wink:
    I am on my third week of week 1. Still trying to get into the swing of it:blushing:

Please add me if you would like! I love support, and I LOVE to give it!!:flowerforyou:
  • faith_76
    faith_76 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I start week 3 day 1. Very nervous about the increase to 3 min. Add me! Looking for a buddy!
  • beckimj
    beckimj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your race! I need to start over outside before I am willing to sign up for an outside race :)