jasmineconley Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I used to be real.
    Then I got online.

Bahahahaha everyone has balls online
  • jasmineconley
    Options
    I am a French model because whatever you read on the internet is true. I read that on the internet.

Of course if it's cited via the interweb it's totally 110% legit!
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I grew up obsessing over what people thought about me, and it continued up through college (because let's be real, going away to a university is extremely similar to high school)

But a few years ago I finally stopped giving a *kitten*. I'm pretty darn real, I say what I think, I share real things about my life, and I'm not ashamed to be silly or controversial or outspoken. However, the one caveat to that is that I fully believe in picking your battles, because unnecessary drama is... well... unnecessary.

Pretty much the only situation where I still act 'fake' is when I'm new at a job, or around customers -- because you can never let on that you are angry or upset when you work in retail. I've gotten really good at plastering on a smile when I would love nothing more than to say "well **** you too ma'am" to a b!tchy customer...

I can totally respect and understand that kind of "fake" My beef is with this whole drama thing. I never had drama growing up and to be honest I still don't personally, but in this area I see a lot of "adults" behaving like catty little brats and it is just mind boggling to me.

You never had drama growing up? Must be nice... :tongue:

Haha, but I agree. There is far too much silly drama at my workplace currently, hence the "pick your battles" method and I just try to stay out of it for the most part... though I do have a nasty tendency to gossip. I can't keep a secret for the life of me... :X
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Online i'm a real *kitten*-bag..........oh wait....what was the question
  • jasmineconley
    Options
    Everyone pretends to be someone else at some time. Even if it's only a little or only to certain people.

I think people only do that if they are people pleasing. I don't think that everyone does it. Some people just let it all hang out

It's not really just "people pleasing", if you have a crappy boss or co-worker you can't exactly just b!tch them out whenever you feel like it. There are certain situations in life where it is prudent to not be 100% "real"

I can understand in those situations being civil and not cussing someone out. I can't understand the people that would "kiss up" to the person that is being a jerk though.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    I am a throttled back version of Me...i think i am a little to much for most people....
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    I work down at the pizza pit
    And I drive an old Hyundai
    I still live with my mom and dad
    I'm 5'3 and overweight

I'm a Sci-Fi fanatic
    Mild asthmatic
    Never been to 2nd base
    But there's a whole nother me
    That you need to see
    Go check out MySpace

'cause online I'm out in Hollywood
    I'm 6'5 and I look damn good
    I drive a Maserati
    I'm a black belt in Karate
    And I love a good glass of wine

It turns girls on that I'm mysterious
    I tell 'em I don't want nothing serious
    'cause even on a slow day I can have a three way
    Chat with two women at one time

I'm so much cooler online
    So much cooler online
  • jasmineconley
    Options
    Real. I like it.

I feel that! It makes life much more simple too
  • harvo
    Options
    Online i'm a real *kitten*-bag..........oh wait....what was the question

Promises,promises
  • jasmineconley
    Options
    I tend to be kind of shy and quiet until I get to know people or feel comfortable in a situation... unless Im drinking and then it's all over with. If Im drinking then I don't shut up lol.

I know a few like that. There's no foul in assessing your situation. I mean who wants to be buddies with a group of fuddy duddies?
  • jasmineconley
    Options
    On the internet I am not shy at all.

IRL? That's another story.

Why would you want to be shy irl?

Who said that I wanted to be?

It's just the way it is..

Hmmmm... Do you like being shy?
  • tryingsooohard
    Options
    To "am what I believe I am."instead of ousting him can I snap him."?honestly toned yea good work.power leave you far behind still drinking and smoking.still moving house very soon can't afford smoking.plenty of milk crates and two minute noodles.beatiful house but
  • jasmineconley
    Options
    I am the same way. There's no reason to be nasty with people. You know I like you if I give you a hard time on occasion ;)

Though I also admit I AM NOT rude or cruel and just say things to hurt people. However I am myself, and you will always know where you stand. Also I am the person that has those awkward talks with people.....hey your fly is open, hey you have a booger, or if you want to know something ask me, I will tell you what I think.
    I am always real, and you have to know my personality often times to understand me. So random strangers I will just make a comment to, or say things on the internet that can easily be mistaken as an innuendo or some other type of meaning.

my thought is if people dont like me, oh well...

I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND! Been there done that! If you are sensitive watch out around me
  • BleedsCoffee
    BleedsCoffee Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I totally restrain myself online. The whole Normal Person + Anonymity = Total *kitten* principle is one that I try to be conscious of. I want to be a nice person and while I can be a bit... honest... from time to time, I think I manage, for the most part. What you see online is pretty close to the real deal, just with a wee bit more tongue-biting.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Real online and in person, if I know you. Otherwise in person I am more laid back and go with the flow, since I tend to be a bit shy until I know you, then refer back to the first part lol
  • jasmineconley
    Options
    i'm a different person every few weeks. i don't know who 'the real me' is. i don't even think there is a 'real me'.

But when you change you do you change everything?
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    I'm always real. Gets me in trouble a lot, but whatever. Love me or hate me........or bite me.
  • harvo
    Options
    I totally restrain myself online. The whole Normal Person + Anonymity = Total *kitten* principle is one that I try to be conscious of. I want to be a nice person and while I can be a bit... honest... from time to time, I think I manage, for the most part. What you see online is pretty close to the real deal, just with a wee bit more tongue-biting.

You are into biting....:flowerforyou: :love:
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I pretend to be a woman
  • harvo
    Options
    I'm always real. Gets me in trouble a lot, but whatever. Love me or hate me........or bite me.

Another bitter...:flowerforyou: :love: