The SWaT Team Challenge - Month 2

Options

Replies

• PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    so ok, did 3 miles with Leslie and 2 with Mr. Plum (I think he's starting to drop a few ounces!) today " crunches" start monday (they tell you to take a few days between the initial test and the first day).
    for those of you who have leg cramps too, I made a soup with the base of black beans and beet greens, total KCL was > than 1000/serving, you can check out my diary for today to find it. also in case of emergency, tonic water (diet) has quinine in it - it acts like mag (another mineral that controls muscle ) and about a cup is all you need (unless you like the taste) to help with the cramping...
    happy walking ;:wink:
    Eagle
  • PLUMSGRL
    Options
    :embarassed: oops!
    the black bean receipe is under "receipe"
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Did the 5 Mile Advanced Walk this morning and then walked around the Farmer's Market and shopped=1 mile. Carried the baby in the Snugli for quite a while---he's so sweet.

I plan on doing some more walking this afternoon because I REALLY want to try the whole-grain rosemary and garlic bread I picked up at the Market. I think I'll make a huge salad for supper and serve the bread with it.
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    HI ALL! Went camping to the Lake last night. Woke up at 6:00am to the chirping of the birds. WALKED 3 miles on beautiful paved paths. SO refreshing. Stopped on the dock to overlook the pure glass lake and watch the pelicans fly by. LOVED IT! Anyways got a few miles in...
  • Robin304
    Robin304 Posts: 64
    Options
    I took the day off yesterday from walking and completed 4 miles today. Sounds like everyone's having a great weekend and staying motivated! I'm a little envious of those of you that are able to enjoy being outdoors for your walks...it's just too hot and humid here. I'm going to Colorado in a few weeks and can't wait to enjoy the beautiful mountains and cooler weather. Have a great weekend everyone!
  • jaxi54
    jaxi54 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi ~ hope everyone's weekend is stress-free, temptation-free, and the weather is nice! I just finished another 7 miles today and will take Sunday off. Saw my Mom at the hospital and she is feeling good. We are in the process of canceling her cable and telephone, and will have her give notice on her apartment at the end of the month ~ lots to think about for sure!

Jaxi :flowerforyou:
  • PLUMSGRL
    Options
    woof!
    low energy day ( 4.5 hours of sleep) so only 3 miles for me today:ohwell:
  • My600PdLife
    My600PdLife Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've already put in 13 miles of my challenge with only 17 more to go, compared to last months. I may have to up my goal. :)
  • maynard46
    maynard46 Posts: 134
    Options
    I've already put in 13 miles of my challenge with only 17 more to go, compared to last months. I may have to up my goal. :)

Wow! Your off to a great start! Looks like you really set your mind to it this round.

GOOD JOB!
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    I planned to do more walking yesterday but ended up working in the yard instead. No miles but still a workout!

Hope to get a few in today but it's going to be pretty busy--we'll have to see how it goes.
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I did the 5 mile challenge walk this morning. I thought I'd better get it in early so I wouldn't get busy and not get a walk in like yesterday! :noway:
  • jaxi54
    Options
    I did a 1 Mile WATP workout this morning and then the WATP 5 Fat burning Miles this afternoon. I did the 4th mile holding my grandson while Daddy got a bottle warm for him (Mommy went to the store so of course he decided to be hungry!) Didn't do the arm movements while holding him but he seemed to weigh a TON by the time that bottle was ready!
    Little Isaac really likes the beat of Leslie's workouts, too. He'll be counting to 8 and back again in no time! LOL!

That is SO funny, Kathy. Did Isaac enjoy all the bopping around? It sounds like he's becoming quite the fan! Thanks for sharing, it put a smile on my face ...

• jaxi54
    Options
    No walking for me today ~ I've decided that Sundays will be my day of rest. The family comes over in the late afternoon and we spend some time together before we eat dinner. We get to enjoy our little grandsons for awhile which we love! Back to it tomorrow, though ...

• PLUMSGRL
    Options
    Took it easy today, one mile with Leslie and 1.5 with Plummy...
    tomorrow is another day!:smile:
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Managed to get the AHA 3 Mile Walk in yesterday. More to be done today!
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    So far I am doing pretty good. I think I will need to kick it up a bit to make my goal though. I also started doing abd chair crunches and am going to try to 4 sets of 10 a day.
  • butterfly08uk
    Options
    will reset my ticker for 50 miles again... didnt quite meet last months....
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Got 7 miles in today--2 Mile AHA Walk this morning and the 1 mile Walk Diet walk, the first segment off Walk Off Weight and both the 1 and 2 mile (=3) WATP this afternoon. Got out of work early so I had some extra time!

Also getting all my servings of vegetables and fruit in!
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Really hard to make myself walk today but I got in 3 more miles. Did 3 miles off of the 5 mile advanced walk.
  • 1QueenB
    1QueenB Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    1 mile Leslie Sansone Walk/Jog!!!!