Those who started at 300+ pounds!

Options

Replies

• Lunarbeanie
    Lunarbeanie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm at the beginning, again. I started at 276 about 12 years ago. I lost 48 lbs, and then stopped. *doh*.

So here I am again. I hit 307 and decided I needed to do something about it. I'm 15;bs into this journey. I just repeat my mantra "I can do this, I can do this".
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I did. It's crazy to think in the last year and a half I've been in the 300s, 200s, and 100s! It's doable, I promise. Just be consistent and never give up.
  • starfinale
    starfinale Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    the highest I've actually seen on the scale was 296. I'm sure I did hit 300 at some point. I'm 245 now.

You can turn your life around and not have to see 300 ever again! fight hard girl and keep moving forward! :) you're going to win this battle!! :)
  • starfinale
    starfinale Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I did. It's crazy to think in the last year and a half I've been in the 300s, 200s, and 100s! It's doable, I promise. Just be consistent and never give up.

AMAZING! congrats!
  • kvcash
    kvcash Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    At my highest I was 332 and that was 2 weeks ago. As of this past Sunday I was 225.6. Still a work in progress but definitely worth every second of it! Add me please. I would LOVE to have more friends and more support on here.
  • gamersgym
    gamersgym Posts: 195 Member
    Options
  • Kaathmandu
    Kaathmandu Posts: 129
    Options
    Me too ... about three years ago I was over 342lbs. I have lost ~ 158 (I understand kg - lbs mean nothing to me!)

I have learnt:

- I'm an all-or-nothing girl - I can't do moderation :ohwell:
    - different things work for different people - I have tried most things, but Atkins is what works for me
    - alcoholics can't handle alcohol, diabetics can't handle sugar, lactose-intolerants can't handle dairy ... etc ...
    and I can't handle carbs. So suck it up Princess, and deal with it!
    - two steps forward, one step back is still moving forward!
    - life happens and I want to enjoy it, so I plan times when I'm 'off the wagon' - birthdays, holidays, music festivals, etc -
    trick is to decide exactly when the mayhem stops and I'm back on track - and stick to it!!
    I know I'm going to pay for it, but I enjoy my lash out, then I knuckle down and start undoing the damage
    - even though I have lost more than 50lbs many times over the years, I have always put it back on, with interest ...
    but I think I've finally got it sorted
    and I am never, ever, going to be that overweight again!!
  • emancipateurself
    emancipateurself Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hi I started above 360 at 6 feet. I am now hovering around 215.....it's a long long journey however it is so worth it. It's gonna be painful both physically and mentally, actually more mentally but you can do it.
    There will be weeks and months where the scale does not want too move but you just push forward.
    Best of luck.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    highest personal weight was 330
    started MFP last summer at 295
    FOCUSED in February
    have lost 15 lbs- so far
    5 foot 6 inches, mostly carried in my belly
    but working on that.. be happy to have others in the same boat.
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Started at 428 and have lost 85 lbs since July, do not plan to stop until I hit 240.
  • mbrozer
    mbrozer Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think when I hit the scale at 317 pounds, my heart stopped. How did I let myself get this unhealthy? I couldn't even stand to look at myself in the mirror. Too many times did I say, " oh I will start working out next week" or "I will eat healthy after this dinner party". I seemed to have excuses for every reason of why I was not eating right and working out. I was tired of not being able to fit comfortably in airplanes, not be able to go on roller-coaster rides, and not be able to shop at regular clothing stores. I had tried many quick fix "diets" and would lose weight fast, and then put it right back on.
    Someone told me:
    "If you are tired of starting over, quit giving up"
    I re-joined MFP on March 11th, 2013 and I'm down 15 pounds. 2 more pounds till I am under 300! I am not looking back and I'm not giving up!
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I started around 300+ (not sure of the actual weight) & I'm now around 218 pounds. I started to eat healthier & exercise in September.
  • AIZZO4
    AIZZO4 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Started at 380 now 347 and counting. We can do this.
  • cedman1
    cedman1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Started at about 327 two years ago, now down to 179. Lots of planning and work initially then it almost became automatic. You will stall but just stick out ( I stalled for almost 4 months, but the inches were slowly dropping) and it will eventually pass.

Good luck on this journey and cherish those along the way you meet.
  • AmberleyAngel
    AmberleyAngel Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    It can be terribly daunting but it is definitely do-able. I started out at 426 pounds In October 2012 when I began a meal replacement program. I joined MFP about 95 days ago. I'm down to 291 pounds with another 103 pounds I still want to lose. Make it a lifestyle change and you'll get to where you want to be. Not tomorrow, but in time. You can do it! :)
  • jadedpanther
    jadedpanther Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I just started tracking on MFP about 10 days ago. I would love to hear, esp. from the ladies, what your calorie goal is on a daily basis. The first week I lost 9 lbs sticking to a 1500 cal diet and working out between 20-30 minutes everyday on the elliptical. This week, I've lost nothing and actually gained about a pound. I love carbs and really would hate having to give them up. I'm pretty much a "eat whatever as long as it's in my calories" kind of dieter, because I often fall off the wagon if I have to eat salad and grilled chicken every day.

I guess I'm just a little confused because I keep seeing posts about eating back your calories and eating more to lose. Well, I tried eating the recommended 1840 for the past couple of days, and I just gained. Any tips?

SW: 344
    CW: 335
    Height: 5'7"
  • SheriBethB
    SheriBethB Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My highest weight was 320lbs. I'm currently 215. I've been on the weightloss train for a little over 2 years. It CAN be done. The weight didn't come on overnight, and it won't come off that way. Celebrate the little victories.
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    i started at 395 at the beginning of 2012 after 7 months i got down to 340 stopped working out and gained it all back so on july 4th of this year i was back at 395 starting again there are a lot of sucess stories here it is possible
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Thought I would update here. I was around 300+ probably 300-310 last September & I'm now 177.5.
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    You can definitely do this. It's not easy. It takes hard work and dedication and a little bit of OCD. I started out on MFP at 305 just over 2 years ago.