30 Day Shred - Starting April 15 2013

Options

Replies

• durshley
    durshley Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    The walking helped the pain in your legs?????

Well, granted my legs weren't too bad, it was mostly in my chest/arms I felt it, but I tend to find the more I sit around I sort of sieze up, so having a gentle(ish) walk seemed to help.
  • kayleyvw
    kayleyvw Posts: 1
    Options
    I am 10 days in now and i have moved up to level 3. Do most people log the activity as circuit training general? I have been using aerobics general and it doesn't seem like enough calories burned for the effort you put in! I actually found level 2 harder but I cant find the full version on YouTube anymore!
  • leeroxboro
    leeroxboro Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Today is L1D3 for me. My legs are killing me. I was going to take a day off but I feel guilty. I'm not complaining or looking for excuses cuz I am determined. My abs have a good soreness to them which I'm kinda liking LOL

Did anyone else go through this? If so what did you do or are there any recommendations or advice?

My legs got really tight, and my calves were sore to the touch...I did a lot of extra stretches and still stretch extra afterwards and throughout the day when I feel them getting tight.
  • leeroxboro
    Options
    I am 10 days in now and i have moved up to level 3. Do most people log the activity as circuit training general? I have been using aerobics general and it doesn't seem like enough calories burned for the effort you put in! I actually found level 2 harder but I cant find the full version on YouTube anymore!

BUMMER, I've been doing l1 on youtube, maybe I'll buy the dvds for level 2....

I log as circuit training general as well.
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    Day 3 completed today.

Still need to take a few breaks.. but im getting alot better an dont need to stop as much, i dont seem to shake as much afterwards either.

I did seem to sweat more today though >.< My hair was dripping afterwards. (nothing a bath didnt sort out)

Roll on day 4 :)
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Let me know how 30 Day shred works for you I want to try it once I loose some
  • leeroxboro
    Options
    Day 3 completed today.

Still need to take a few breaks.. but im getting alot better an dont need to stop as much, i dont seem to shake as much afterwards either.

I did seem to sweat more today though >.< My hair was dripping afterwards. (nothing a bath didnt sort out)

Roll on day 4 :)

I know what you mean about "not shake"...I could hardly do anything except sit and breathe deeply after the first few workouts, now I can actually do the stretches, some extra stretches and feel good enough to go about the day normally!! I even push mowed in the yard some straight afterwards....it gets better!!
  • chipmunk_87
    Options
    Hi all, may I join you?

I'm on Day 3 today as well, just finished the Shred. I've done it before but never got past Day 15. I had excellent results though. This time I am going to see it through!
  • elysehunt
    elysehunt Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just curious,
    Are you guys really seeing results with 30 Day Shred? I tried it in 2011 and I didn't notice hardly anything! I guess I did notice that my thighs got bigger. Anyway, maybe I should find some measuring tape instead of a scale and try it again. :happy:
  • durshley
    durshley Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Just curious,
    Are you guys really seeing results with 30 Day Shred? I tried it in 2011 and I didn't notice hardly anything! I guess I did notice that my thighs got bigger. Anyway, maybe I should find some measuring tape instead of a scale and try it again. :happy:

A lot of people who have completed it have said they didn't lose much weight but did lose inches!
  • cincigina
    cincigina Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Today is L1D3 for me. My legs are killing me. I was going to take a day off but I feel guilty. I'm not complaining or looking for excuses cuz I am determined. My abs have a good soreness to them which I'm kinda liking LOL

Did anyone else go through this? If so what did you do or are there any recommendations or advice?

It does get better. I am on Level 1 Day 9 (i've been taking a break and doing something else every couple of days) and last night was the easiest yet.

I am amazed at how quickly I've built up my endurance.
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    Those who are doing the 30day shred, are you on diets too?

Since doing it iv found iv lost my appetite and only wanting small meals, i barely manage the 50g of porridge in the morning let alone anything else...

Past couple of days iv been sticking to salads, i know that its not the best way... but its all i seem to manage along with a fruit salad (homemade) due to not knowing what the calories are in it... im just adding 400 to my calorie intake.

Weighted myself today and iv lost 3lb since monday (22nd)
  • leeroxboro
    Options
    Those who are doing the 30day shred, are you on diets too?

Since doing it iv found iv lost my appetite and only wanting small meals, i barely manage the 50g of porridge in the morning let alone anything else...

Past couple of days iv been sticking to salads, i know that its not the best way... but its all i seem to manage along with a fruit salad (homemade) due to not knowing what the calories are in it... im just adding 400 to my calorie intake.

Weighted myself today and iv lost 3lb since monday (22nd)

I've actually wanted to eat more since starting!!
  • mrsrhone33112
    mrsrhone33112 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    congrats!!! I finally started today and couldn't get through the whole workout so hopefully tomorrow will be better! Wish me luck!
  • mrsrhone33112
    mrsrhone33112 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm dieting too... I guess just really watching what I eat. I'm making sure to eat breakfast (toast and some fruit and water), a snack (nuts or fruit or animal crackers), lunch (soup or salad or leftovers) and another snack (yogurt, fruit or some veggies) and dinner (tuna salad sandwich or something lean like grilled chicken and veggies). And if need be, another snack (like fat free popcorn or some more fruit.)

The calorie counter is really helping me. In addition to the 30 day shred i'm also going to the gym and doing cardio after work (30 day shred and windsor pilates I'm doing in the morning before work), so we'll see. I'll let everyone know how it goes. Today was day one!
  • Raven413
    Raven413 Posts: 86
    Options
    Today was L1D3 and I'm feeling okay.. I must admit that my upper back is killing me! I guess after a couple of days it will ease up. I do two workout sessions per day. 30DS in the morning and in the evening either a 30 min. walk or the Firm Total Body. All in all I'm enjoying it but I'm hearing some scary things about L2! lol
  • sray30
    sray30 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    L1D7 tonight. I've noticed that I'm able to get through more and more of it without breaks but it's taken me almost two weeks to get to this point. I get home and I'm so tired, have to cook everyone dinner, or go to the grocery store and by the time I have a few moments to workout, I'm just ready to go to bed. I gotta get my sh** together. I'm not a morning person but I may need to get that way to get my workout in. I
  • aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I'm on L1D9 today.

For those of you in the first week, the first few days definitely were painful. I could barely walk and any kind of movement requiring a squat was torture lol. It went away around Day 4 or 5 (I pushed through and did all 5 days then rested for 2 days on the weekend). I haven't had any problems at all this week (I felt like I pulled my hamstring the other day but it was fine the next day). I feel tighter, the only soreness I've gotten is in my shoulders this week.

I'm doing 30 DS and then adding another 30 min workout each day (I've done Chalene Johnson Cardio kickboxing party, and then also some videos on youtube).

I can definitely see results, mostly in my arms but also in my thighs. I feel it in my abs but don't see much of a difference in the mirror yet. I peeked at the scale this morning and was really really shocked. I'm hoping it's not a flub, but according to the scale I've lost almost 8 lbs in the past week and a half. (Mind you I have 100 lbs to lose, so that's probably not typical.)

I'm also counting calories and have eaten more than I usually do in the past week and a half (A few days last week I ate around 1800 which is REALLY high for me).
  • leeroxboro
    Options
    congrats!!! I finally started today and couldn't get through the whole workout so hopefully tomorrow will be better! Wish me luck!

It might take a few days, but it WILL get better!
  • chipmunk_87
    Options
    Just did L1D4. Going well so far but realllllly impatient to see some results!