Looking for other 40-50 age group w/ motivation to be fit.

Options

Replies

• sjo55115
    sjo55115 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm old too.
  • dan323
    dan323 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm in. 52 here,been here 2+ years and lost about 40 lbs. Add me please.
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I get so fed up with doctors who say "Well, you are 50! Get over it and quit this nonsense!" They act as if we are doing something bad by trying to remain healthy with as few prescriptions as possible. I guess they had rather we sit in our recliners and get as at as that sort of lifestyle would make their wallets! GRRRRRRR!!!!!

ETA: Although my sweet husband did go for a cardiac stress test this past week and the doctor (not our usual one) did tell him he was looking pretty good for 40. (He is 51.) :drinker:
  • karenboy29687
    karenboy29687 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi , 44 here, feel free to add me!
  • PamGeirng
    PamGeirng Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I am 45 and would love to encourage you and others as well as be encouraged! I have lost 20 so far and have another 20 to go. I need extra motivation right now to keep it up! Add me as a friend if you would like!!
  • mozambique729
    Options
    Sounds like a great group. Count me in!
  • lmrl39
    lmrl39 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am in at a plateau for a while with Ww hoping this will work very motivated and positive about this app will be 54 next month would like to lose 35
  • Patti1023
    Patti1023 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm 49 :)
  • annmarie1764
    Options
    Would love to be a part of your group! I am 49 and i am dealing with hormonal issues due to maintenance medication i have to take for reduced chance of breast cancer recurrance. Which also can cause weight gain too. I'm new to this site but i have lost 20 lbs since changing my lifestyle in January.
  • kalea_kane
    Options
    I would love to join in. I am currently right in the middle at 45 and need the motivation. I have made a new commitment to really stick with MFP rather than my past attempts. A group going through the same battles would be a blessing. My main issue is I am hypothyroid, and that totally has messed up my metabolism.
  • amandamadenis
    amandamadenis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am very quickly approaching my 40th birthday!!! July . . . wow . . . please count me in I could use the support :)
  • jcpreader
    jcpreader Posts: 16
    Options
    Count me in! I used to be able to eat what I wanted and stay slim. Since I've got older everything has changed and I'm finding it a challenge sometimes to adjust to it all. Would love some support and would love to offer that to anyone who needs it
  • fairfatandfabulous
    fairfatandfabulous Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    49 and struggling.. Would love extra help...
  • Luthien007
    Luthien007 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I'm 49 this year so just scrape into the age bracket :(. I've been logging on Mfp since July 1, 2012.

A girl can't have too many friends so feel free to add me
  • madlady1
    madlady1 Posts: 3
    Options
    Count me in as well please :smile: I am 52 and never had trouble losing weight until the last few years. My weight has crept up and I now weigh a tad more than when I was pregnant with my last child :huh: I know age has a part to pay but I am so disheartened when I have been ultra good for weeks and although my clothes are loser the scales always say the same! Anyway, I am using fitnesspal every day to log my foods and hope this time can start to shift it. Did see a 2lb weight loss this week so maybe this time it will work lol. It has got to the point where I now feel disgusted with my body and feel so miserable :cry:
  • AmberleyAngel
    AmberleyAngel Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    41 and willing to join in. Motivation to keep living a healthy lifestyle is important for us all, especially when the world lilkes to throw many unhealthy choices at us. :)
  • kittensulk
    Options
    Hello

I am 45 always been a size 8 UK but I started expanding in the middle section about a year ago so I now workout 6 days a week and sometimes pre plan my meals to stop me buying Pizzas!! It is working and I am gradually sliding back into my old clothes. Please count me in because it's not easy

Thank you

Jasmin
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Count me in, I'm 46 in June and struggling much harder than ever to shift those stubborn few last lbs... I exercise and log daily and need all the help I can get!!
    Jules xx
  • Ilovevwgolf
    Ilovevwgolf Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I'm 51. Count me in sil vous plais...
  • Hopingforchange
    Options
    I am in too. 43 and working out 4-5 days per week and counting calories daily...weight is NOT coming off and neither are inches. I am currently restarting C25K for a race in June, hoping the change in exercise will help.