• VeganSurfer
    VeganSurfer Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Board shorts obviously :smile:
  • timberowl
    timberowl Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Board shorts are SEXY!!!!!!!

I don't care how good of shape you're in, speedos are gross. I don't want the outline of a guy's junk.
  • tina28m
    tina28m Posts: 19
    Options
    board shorts ;)
  • alpha_andy
    alpha_andy Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Board shorts if you don't care about performance.

Jammers if you're an actual athlete or you take your swimming seriously.
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    Can someone please post a pic of trunks, because when I google it I get what looks a lot like board shorts. What is the difference?
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    Whatever you are comfortable in. :smile: i think all of the above would be fine.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Borat-style Mankini.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Can someone please post a pic of trunks, because when I google it I get what looks a lot like board shorts. What is the difference?

Length. Trunks are more akin to boxers and generally have an elastic waist. Board shorts are longer and closer to the knee, either to the knee or just above it. And they're called board shorts because they were originally worn by surfers. Surfers prefer the longer length because it protects the back of the legs from sun exposure, skin rubbing against the board, and the shorts don't wear out from the friction of surfing. And in Florida, the wet suit is only usable a couple months out of the year. The water and sun here are too warm.

Jammers are hot if you're built like Daniel Craig, but keep them in the water. If you're on the beach, put on the shorts.
  • CherishQuick
    Options
    On ebay, looking for board shorts right now.. I'm going to be a better staple at the beach this summer than the beach blanket.
    Just be aware of who is checking you out...you might not like some of the attention.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I was on swim team ALL throughout childhood and my teens, so I was surrounded by speedos. Not really a fan lol. Stick with the swim trunks!
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Borat-style Mankini.

I like how we think :D
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I'm partial to just board shorts. If you're not an Olympic swimmer, that's your best choice.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    pics please.

what she said.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Wear what you want and own it.

this....

btw can someone explain the difference between trunks and speedos*? I'm British and I always thought speedos were a kind of swimming trunks?? the other alternative being swimming shorts of various length.

*with pics
  • msallymae
    msallymae Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    you sound European, maybe? I'd go with the SPEEDO!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Are you Ryan Lochte?

If not, then no :noway:
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    You know, I spoke to soon. I think that for us to give a good opinion...we need pictures.
    *this*
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Wear what you want and own it.

this....

btw can someone explain the difference between trunks and speedos*? I'm British and I always thought speedos were a kind of swimming trunks?? the other alternative being swimming shorts of various length.

*with pics

with speedos you can tell the man's religion.
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I actually do not get the obsession with board shorts. Surely they have way too much material for swimming comfortably? Some of them come down past the guys knees! And then when they get wet I often see young guys- who are just straight sticks really-having to yank them up at the back. What is good looking about pale *kitten* cheeks coming out the back of a pair of shorts? Lol.

It must be the european in me, but i prefer the square-type speedos peopel have posted up. Not the full high-leg banana hammock, but something in between.

new-southern-comfort-ad-brings-us-an-unlikely-sex-symbol-m.jpg?1346010586

Get to it lads.

oooohhhhhh NNNOoooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! smh :huh: :frown: :noway: :sick:
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Trunks (men look WAY more sexy) .....no speedo's they only look good when winning a gold medal.