Looking for other 40-50 age group w/ motivation to be fit.

Options

Replies

• ergumm
    ergumm Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Would love to join! I used to decide I wanted to lose weight and it would just fall off! Now, I do the same things and work out harder and the weight is very slow in coming off!! I know I should have taken real control earlier, but too late now...got to work with what I have and where I am!
  • Serhansom
    Options
    44 here pelase add me
  • TheLoriA
    TheLoriA Posts: 3
    Options
    Add me too please =) Almost 44 years old, lost 20 pounds and gained back 7 after this last Christmas. Some days it feels like I am just fighting not to gain more weight. I would love some upbeat motivation and be able to give some back.
  • tlorance100
    Options
    Count me in, too! I'm 44, my body isn't quite functioning like it once was.
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    Hello, .... I'm 46 and plan on being in the best shape of my life in the next few years. Then staying there ......

Feel free to add me if you want ......
  • katmbt5
    katmbt5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I've lost it before and it's found it's way back. I'm 44, have been working out with a trainer for the last couple of months and eating right (most of the time) but the scale will stay the same for days and then just creep down a little. It's even gone back up on me before when I've felt like I've done more exercising and eating right. My trainer tells me not to worry, but it's frustrating!
  • ergumm
    ergumm Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Would love to join! I used to decide I wanted to lose weight and it would just fall off! Now, I do the same things and work out harder and the weight is very slow in coming off!! I know I should have taken real control earlier, but too late now...got to work with what I have and where I am!

Forgot to mention I am 52....please feel free to add me everyone! Having a lot of friends on here going through the same things really helps me keep logging in everyday!!
  • 72maureen
    72maureen Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    count me in :)
  • bettyclv
    bettyclv Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am on looking for all the support I can give and get....this journey is a hard journey and no joke, but yet life changing and important for our health and outlook on life period. My pc is going in the shop today, so I will not be on for a week or two. But I will be venturing out to the library on my gym days to check in and check my post. You may also correspond with me through facebook if you would like. ...look me up under betty james....I started my journey by making my petition knows to God and stepping out getting started and trusting Him in praise, prayer and worship. Ok stay strong and lets share and support as much as we can.
  • atortella
    atortella Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    hi all count me in! Been here for almost ninety days and jut ow found the message bords - sure would have been easier if i had found them three months ago...
  • GottaHavePav
    GottaHavePav Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • wendyhill161
    Options
    Count me in please, I will be 50 this year
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Count me in please! I'm 48 and when I went for my last BC scrip the nurse was pulling a loooooong face about me still having it and "had I thought about something else" (the other nurse there had previously said to me "hang on with it as long as you want/feel comfortable!). Despite never having smoked, having lost 21lb this year, no history of heart disease in the family....grrrrrrr. Don't want to be old and unfit so any support here will be great (although I know nothing can stop me getting old, I don't want to FEEL old!)
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    Morning !

Just saw this topic and thought I'd drop in to say welcome and let any new people know there are a number of groups on the site specifically for those of us trying to get healthy and fit at this age - while everyone on MFP offers great support, its sometimes nice to have others who are in the same boat (so to speak lol) and can relate to the challenges unique to women of our age - like the joy of menopause and why it's a lot harder NOW than 20 years ago?? :bigsmile:

A few of the group names I can think of are Ladies Who Lunch, Women 50+, and one I'm in called the Menopausal Mad Hatters .... if you use the search feature in groups you will be able to browse through them all... just thought I'd share in case anyone didn't know about the groups - I remember when I first got here it took a while to find my way around!

:happy:
  • kerri55345
    kerri55345 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Count me in.... 44 years old and would love friends to help me stay motivated and that I can cheer on too :)! Please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'm 52 and new here, count me in!
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I'm 46, and I've been gaining and losing the same 5-8 pounds for the last several years. Some wisdom is starting to sink in, so maybe I'm beginning to get a handle on this whole fitness thing.
  • nutmeg62
    nutmeg62 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi All, I'm Meg, 51 and losing it ever so slowly. Since last Sept/Oct I have lost 9 kg. I live in Brisbane and would love more online friends to help keep motivated. Anyone interested in trying a 5 or 10 km marathon?

In real life I seem to have motivated some family to try and address weight issues, so I am really pleased as I know I am not the only one needs to lose weight. Hopefully we can all create a fitter and healthier society.
  • emeraldj18
    Options
    Great!
    I am looking for the same type of support system. I am 50 and struggling to maintain MIND,BODY and SOUL...:smile:
    I'm In!!
  • lilhoneybees
    Options
    You can count me in!