is there such thing as a TASTY low calorie beer?

Options

Replies

• sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I drink Guinness Draught in the winter, and Guinness Black Lager in the summer. So the idea of any kind of light beer totally disgusts me.

Having said that, I will drink the Mich Ultra Light flavored beers in the interest of losing weight. I like to think of them as "not exactly beer". The raspberry pomegranate is tasty enough, for not exactly beer.

Guiness is Lighter and has less alcohol than Bud Light.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    yes its called Vodka

BOOHYA ..... THIS /| :drinker:

less cals!

Your waistline may thank you, but I doubt your liver will.
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I drink Guinness Draught in the winter, and Guinness Black Lager in the summer. So the idea of any kind of light beer totally disgusts me.

Having said that, I will drink the Mich Ultra Light flavored beers in the interest of losing weight. I like to think of them as "not exactly beer". The raspberry pomegranate is tasty enough, for not exactly beer.

I wasn't talking about Bud Light. Michelob Ultra Light Raspberry Pomegranate has 95 cals vs 125 in a Guinness or 135 in a Guinness Black (I like the black in summer). But the real difference is in carbs - 5.5 for the mich ultra light vs 11 and 9.8 for the Guinnesses, respectively.

I don't drink beer to get a buzz (those days are long past), so I don't really care about alcohol content. They aren't that bad on a hot summer day by the pool.
  • Dacia327
    Dacia327 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    NO! :happy:
  • sullus
    Options

I wasn't talking about Bud Light. Michelob Ultra Light Raspberry Pomegranate has 95 cals vs 125 in a Guinness or 135 in a Guinness Black (I like the black in summer). But the real difference is in carbs - 5.5 for the mich ultra light vs 11 and 9.8 for the Guinnesses, respectively.

I don't drink beer to get a buzz (those days are long past), so I don't really care about alcohol content. They aren't that bad on a hot summer day by the pool.

I was just commenting on the "idea of any kind of light beer disgusts me"

I'd put Guinness under "light beers"
  • AmyBeth719
    AmyBeth719 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Nope...I factor it into my calories because I love craft beer. Light beers taste like crap to me and would rather drink water. If I am going to have a beer I want to enjoy it. :)
  • TangledUp_InBlue
    TangledUp_InBlue Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Guinness - 125 calories for a 12-ounce glass

Although, I will drink Busch Light or MGD 64 after working the yard in the summer.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Tasty??

disgustedgif.gif
  • KCGettinFit2014
    Options
    I personally like Michelobe Ultra for a light beer. Less than 100 calories and still tasty. :-)
  • TangledUp_InBlue
    TangledUp_InBlue Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    no...beer is gross....

Yikes! **Crosses her off list of potential candidates for next wife**
  • OptimisticlyOptimistic
    Options
    fORGETT THAT low calorie beer bull****!!! Its just spinning your wheels!! Get a full flavored high Alcohol % beer and enjoy! Otherwise youre gonna drink like 5-6 "low Calorie" beers and get nowhere.
    Now that my friends is EMPTY calories when you cant even catch a buzzzzzzzz

Wattt up whos with me!?!??!?!?!:bigsmile:

THIS!!! :drinker:
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Guinness - 125 calories for a 12-ounce glass

Although, I will drink Busch Light or MGD 64 after working the yard in the summer.

I was just about to say Guinness! Can't go wrong. If I am working in the yard int he summer though I do prefer an IPA. Good hoppy bite is so refreshing Ill take the extra calories
  • Bolton84
    Bolton84 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    NO and i want to read this later :)
  • sailawaykate
    Options
    It's called Guinness.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Whiskey

*Not at all a beer snob, I actually like cheap beer. If I'm drinking coors light or some such though, I won't be having just one or two.
  • thedk
    thedk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    www.getdrunknotfat.com
  • JScar1964
    JScar1964 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DRINK GOOD BEER!
    THEN GO WORK IT OFF!

^^^Perfectly stated^^^ Why work you *kitten* off and drink beer w/ no taste.
  • sullus
    Options
    Nice breakdown of what's bad about light beer:

http://beeradvocate.com/articles/248
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

I know. The point is you compared 6 beers to 2 beers.
    Wrong. I just corrected your incorrect response to another's post.
    Calorie for calorie you need to compare the same amounts. If you start fudging the math, you can make anything make sense. Fact is that better beer has more calories, so determine what is more important - taste or calories? Don't make a comparison with two different amounts and say they are basically the same.
    Wrong. You don't need to compare the same amounts. In fact, it is quite basic to compare to different products of two varying sizes, particularly when one is comparably dilute. Being that it's a foodstuff, it's rather simple as well to compare on other factors like taste, quality, impact of adjuncts, etc.

And yes, I can eat 6 hamburgers. That is why I am on this friggin site.
    Good luck working on that.
  • CoronerKris
    CoronerKris Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    for previous post the craft beers tend to have higher percentage of abv so it doesn't take as many to get a buzz or whatever it is you are drinking for so comparing 2 craft beers to 6 light beers is reasonable.