is there such thing as a TASTY low calorie beer?

Options
12346»

Replies

• mattashbrock
    Options
    Once you go from American adjunct lagers over to full flavored beer it's about impossible to go back. The only solution is to account for it, adjust calories/workouts around it, and drink the good beer. Aventinus (tap 9) by Schneider Weisse is the perfect beer IMHO, or go with a high alcohol Belgian strong dark ale like Chimay Blue. Yum!
  • LeilaFace
    LeilaFace Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Yes and No

No. If you're going to drink beer go for the higher percent beer. This way you're drinking maybe 2-3 200-300 calorie (8+% ABV) beers vs. 6 coors light or amstel light or whatever crap they're putting out there as beer. That stuff might be low calorie but you have to drink a lot of it to get your buzz going which negates the whole thing.

Basically I can drink 2 Eye of the Hawk 8% beers and be pretty decently buzzed (I'm a lightweight) but it would take maybe 5 or 6 Amstel lights to do the same trick.

Yes. My husband brewed me a pretty kick *kitten* low-calorie home brew. It came out to 125 calories, 5.5% ABV and tasted AMAZING. He used Agave instead of Honey.
  • beckty
    beckty Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit of a beer snob. When I drink a beer, I want it to taste really, really, good. As such, very rarely touch light beers. That being said, the one light beer I kind of like is Sam Adams Light. 119 calories. Not my first choice for beer, but it tastes pretty good.

Upgrade to a Sam Pale ale for only 30 more calories. Sam Light's not worth it.

But a good Light option is Guiness Draught Bottle .. only 9 more calories than the Sam Light.

Guiness! :drinker:
  • abideedum
    abideedum Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Seems to be an unpopular opinion..... I really Like Coors Light ^_^
  • tim_jennings
    tim_jennings Posts: 172 Member
    Options
  • tim_jennings
    tim_jennings Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Yes and No

No. If you're going to drink beer go for the higher percent beer. This way you're drinking maybe 2-3 200-300 calorie (8+% ABV) beers vs. 6 coors light or amstel light or whatever crap they're putting out there as beer. That stuff might be low calorie but you have to drink a lot of it to get your buzz going which negates the whole thing.

Basically I can drink 2 Eye of the Hawk 8% beers and be pretty decently buzzed (I'm a lightweight) but it would take maybe 5 or 6 Amstel lights to do the same trick.

Yes. My husband brewed me a pretty kick *kitten* low-calorie home brew. It came out to 125 calories, 5.5% ABV and tasted AMAZING. He used Agave instead of Honey.

This.

As with almost everything else about a healthier lifestyle. If you want it low cal, and to taste good, MAKE IT YOURSELF!

Homebrew all the way.
  • LeilaFace
    LeilaFace Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Yes and No

This.

As with almost everything else about a healthier lifestyle. If you want it low cal, and to taste good, MAKE IT YOURSELF!

Homebrew all the way.

Word! Couldn't agree MORE!!! GO HOMEBREWERS!!!!
  • DirtyTrickster
    DirtyTrickster Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Becks light
  • winodini
    winodini Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    NO!!!!!

Drink good beer, and work it into your allowance.

Of course, I'm a beer snob too :drinker:

I have to agree :D
  • esjaygee
    esjaygee Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    A lot of the breweries in the Midwest are coming out with tasty sessionable IPAs that are under 5% ABV. Founders All-Day IPA (4.7%), Central Waters Hop Rise(4.5%), Lagunitas Daytime (4.65%) and Hinterland White Cap (3.9%) all hit the market recently. I'm not 100% sure on the calories for those but probably in the 130-150 range would be my guess. That's low calorie in my book!
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Get this straight, beers are just bitter... TOPIC ENDED :laugh:
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's called liquor.
  • salcha76
    salcha76 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    drinking a good beer is worth the extra time on the tread mill...don't waste your time on the 55cal crap...yuck.
  • vkc1978
    vkc1978 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    fORGETT THAT low calorie beer bull****!!! Its just spinning your wheels!! Get a full flavored high Alcohol % beer and enjoy! Otherwise youre gonna drink like 5-6 "low Calorie" beers and get nowhere.
    Now that my friends is EMPTY calories when you cant even catch a buzzzzzzzz

Wattt up whos with me!?!??!?!?!:bigsmile:

^^^yup. Get in a workout first and drink the good stuff. Burn it to earn it!
  • Shelby1582
    Shelby1582 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    hands down- Michelob ultra light cider beer- it's so freaking delicious and cidery and low calorie. Oh and it has a higher alcohol percentage than bud light or whatever so you don't have to drink as many!!
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I agree. DRINK GOOD BEER! Don't suffer the consequences of awful nasty beer!

bitter-beer.jpg
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    corona light would be my choice.

besides...it comes with a lime. gettin fruit in while drinking!

Me too :)
  • donald149
    donald149 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I agree with a few others on here - Molson 67 Sublime beer. It's actually pretty good for a beer with only 67 calories.
  • andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    fORGETT THAT low calorie beer bull****!!! Its just spinning your wheels!! Get a full flavored high Alcohol % beer and enjoy! Otherwise youre gonna drink like 5-6 "low Calorie" beers and get nowhere.
    Now that my friends is EMPTY calories when you cant even catch a buzzzzzzzz

Wattt up whos with me!?!??!?!?!:bigsmile:
    I wouldnt argue with a guy who name is beerrunner