Half shirts and stretchmarks.

Options

Replies

• PaulLester
    Options
    It is irrelevant what other people think, it is all about you. You say that you still want to lose 14lb, well if you do that and there is no excess skin and you have the ab's you want then go for it. My wife has stretch marks from pregnancy and i think she still looks fantastic with them.
    I think that she looks hot now so when she loses the weight she has targeted then i will feel such a lucky guy.
    So if you want to wear a half shirt and you look good in it ( only you can answer that ) then good luck to you
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Maybe it was having her belly showing that got her in trouble in the first place. Now it's time to grow up, cover up, and act like the mature woman that will be the role model for the little one.
    Aren't you a peach!
  • ArchangelMJ
    ArchangelMJ Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I've always loved half-shirts. I instantly think of Janet Jackson and her fierce abs. I've never worn them in public before, but as it gets hotter, I'm probably gonna let loose and go for it. I'd love to have some for jogging.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Maybe it was having her belly showing that got her in trouble in the first place. Now it's time to grow up, cover up, and act like the mature woman that will be the role model for the little one.

Thats like saying a girl in a shorter dress asked to be raped. You are either stupid or... no just stupid. There is no reason that she cannot rock a half shirt and be a role model for her little one. I know lots of moms who are great moms who wear what ever they want - be it short shirts, cleavage showing, short skirts etc and their children are all just fine and really well adjusted and not even half as judgemental as you.

OP, if you want to rock a half shirt do it! But do it with confidence, do not be afraid to show off your hardwork the way YOU want to.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    sugarkane1234 does not have any friends yet.

And she never ever will. [Insert nasty name here], that was so uncalled for.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options

tumblr_lz7d10RuuY1qiuk5eo1_500.gif
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

are you for real?
  • Cherryripple
    Cherryripple Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    stretch marks are your tiger stripes!!!!!! wear them proudly :) I have had 3 babies and I wouldn't change them for the world :)

Ha ha the first person i''ve come across who refers to them as tiger stripes besides me! :glasses:
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Wear whatever you want OP. I've had strechmarks on my thighs ever since i turned 16, and always felt like i should hide them. Well i'll be wearing booty shorts this summer, because screw it, I work really hard for my legs!
    I hope to get in some "trouble" wearing them too.
  • sugarkane1234
    sugarkane1234 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You all are right. That was very judgemental of me and uncalled for. I apologize. Sincerely. It's been a rough day and it hit a nerve with me and I just took it out on a young girl who asked an innocent question. I'm sorry.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    ohhh, in Florida we wear bikini tops to the grocery store. No worries.
  • elle2bee
    elle2bee Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    How did this go from her asking about fashion to her personal life? Peope are so mean on here sometimes. Personally I would never wear a half shirt if I had my stretch marks. If you are confident enough to wear one, then nobody is stopping you. People are going to judge you not matter what shirt you're wearing. You're just asking for more attention by wearing the half shirt though. I will admit that if I had the body, no stretch marks and a flat stomach, I would rock the half shirt all day everyday. And I agree with the other person who commented. You don't seem to confident about wearing it, or you wouldn't have posted this.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i've never ever really noticed stretchmarks.

okay, i'm lying. i've noticed them. and they've never ever bothered me once. if a girl is going to get naked in front of me, i'm not going to complain or nit-pick.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    *ignores the nasty person in this thread*

OP, I personally don't like half shirts, but that's just on me. If you like them and they make you feel good, wear whatever the hell you want.

<<<<<<<<<I obviously have zero issues showing off my stretch marks, and I've yet to come across a single person that had any issue with me showing them off either.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options

What does showing some belly have to do with being a role model? What the hell do you know about the OP to tell her to grow up and cover up and act any which way at all?

OZMOO5C.jpg
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Acquire abs.

F*** haters.
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options

LOL what?!

You're not fcking serious are you?

Oh wait, I have tattoos, I drink, I have pictures of me in just sports bras and bikinis posted on a public website... I don't think my opinion counts because I clearly can't be a mature woman and a role model if those things are part of my life.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    You all are right. That was very judgemental of me and uncalled for. I apologize. Sincerely. It's been a rough day and it hit a nerve with me and I just took it out on a young girl who asked an innocent question. I'm sorry.

Sorry about your rough day. It was clear that comment was a reflection of yourself. :flowerforyou:
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I don't have stretchmarks at all but I don't think I've ever really noticed anybody else having stretchmarks and thought, 'Uh oh, sartorial disaster.' It's all about confidence.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    People wear ugly tats - yet you personally are ashamed of the markings of giving life? Be proud ... always said, Tats are nice but scars have better stories. Don't need to hide your marks - if you had a scar on your knee would you no longer wear shorts? I'm just saying... you have to decide on your own whether you want to wear the shirts. The stretch marks are secondary. JMO :flowerforyou: