Level Obstacles: Lose Weight, Target Fat! (EASY!!)

Options

Replies

• beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump
  • avlama
    avlama Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    yea bump
  • thejubster1
    thejubster1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    bump
  • melissa112
    melissa112 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Could anyone give some advice on what they think my activity level is, or whether or not I'm better off setting my activity at sedentary and eating back my exercise cals?

4 days a week I walk my nans collie around 3 miles. 6 days a week (including the 4 I walk my nans dog), I walk my own dog 3-4miles a day. Each day I'm trying to do 30DS. I'm on day 14 tomorrow so this will change after day 30 and I have no idea how much I'll be doing then.

Since my exercise varies so much from day to day, is it better to calculate my TDEE using sedentary and eat back exercise calories. I usually eat back half of what runkeeper tells me I've burned through walking, to take into account error.

I'm 5'2, 145lbs. 25 years old (26 in June). From the fitnessfrog:

At little or no exercise TDEE = 1739. So would I then use TDEE-20%= 1391. And eat back the exercise as I've been doing?

I did IPOARM and it gave me TDEE-20% of 1222. I then ate back the exercise using runkeeper for walking, and MFP for 30DS.

I've only been doing this 3 weeks, and I'm scared of eating too little. There is a difference of 200 though in the IPOARM and this method. So I'm not sure which to use :-/. IPOARM took into account my body fat which 3 weeks ago was around 40 (done by using the fat2fit ratio site).

I'd really like to get this sorted now before I go much further and end up slowing my metabolism down! Using the method now (1222+exercise cals), I'm eating between 1400 - 1600/1700 a day depending on exercise. Should I just keep doing this?
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Regarding exercise, sounds moderately active at the least. You can also do sedentary and eat back exercise calories, but some of MFP's database has optimistic calorie burns - perhaps eat 50 - 75% of those calories back.

200 calories is certainly going to be less than the margin for error in the online calculators - split the difference, try it for six weeks, and see what your results look like - by the scale as well as measurements (waist, etc).
  • melissa112
    melissa112 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Regarding exercise, sounds moderately active at the least. You can also do sedentary and eat back exercise calories, but some of MFP's database has optimistic calorie burns - perhaps eat 50 - 75% of those calories back.

200 calories is certainly going to be less than the margin for error in the online calculators - split the difference, try it for six weeks, and see what your results look like - by the scale as well as measurements (waist, etc).

Thanks. I always use runkeeper to monitor walking calories, but just halve what it gives me. With 30 Day Shred I use circuit training general and just whatever MFP tells me. I figure between halving for the walking and using MFP for 30DS it probably works out. I think sticking to sedentary then and adding calorie will help. Maybe a happy medium between the two methods and go for 1300 + exercise and see how I go for six weeks?
  • JudyAngelman
    JudyAngelman Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks great info, keeping for reference
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I always use runkeeper to monitor walking calories, but just halve what it gives me. With 30 Day Shred I use circuit training general and just whatever MFP tells me. I figure between halving for the walking and using MFP for 30DS it probably works out. I think sticking to sedentary then and adding calorie will help. Maybe a happy medium between the two methods and go for 1300 + exercise and see how I go for six weeks?

This sounds like a good plan :flowerforyou:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Maybe a happy medium between the two methods and go for 1300 + exercise and see how I go for six weeks?

Picking a reasonable starting point, using a consistent approach to tracking and then reevaluating after six weeks for any needed adjustments?

1195423550187356949molumen_red_approved_stamp.svg.hi.png
  • NyxariaMoon
    NyxariaMoon Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Bumping to read later.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Great starting point, thanks :drinker:
  • ImtheOnethatsCool
    ImtheOnethatsCool Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I still get none of this :huh: :embarassed: ..so I guess I will sit in the corner and keep doing what I am and hope it works.. :wink:
    This is me too! :embarassed: :frown: :huh:
  • JewelSmith
    JewelSmith Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    WOW..Wow..wow...Thank you for this information..
  • 04ward
    04ward Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    2 jumbo eggs 3 turkey sausage links Grape fruit 8oz of water and coffee
    4hrs in between meals
    6oz chicken breast cup of green vegetables and serving size of fruit to curb your sweet tooth
    Snack 5 prunes
    dinner 4oz of salmon,1 cup green vegetable, instead of starch add a serving of fruit
    Weight watchers ice cream bar of your choice ( preferably after workout)

60min cardio a day whether jogging in front of tv
    Who wants to live that way for their entire life? No thanks.

^ This!
  • YourLotusFlower11
    YourLotusFlower11 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • anonniemouse
    anonniemouse Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting! :smile:
  • azztkk
    azztkk Posts: 26
    Options