drunken cheating

Options

Replies

• Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I usually encourage cheating on a significant other sober.

Seems like a complete waste to do it and not even remember it.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I would say that alcohol is not magic, it doesn't turn you into some other being. I think it merely reveals the true nature of the person underneath, no longer constrained by other elements of their personality.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the other comments. No, drinking is definitely not an excuse to cheat! Wow! How do I know this? Well, my husband does not drink. Sometimes I do. And when I drink, I do not cheat on him, ever!! Wow! Don't let guys pull the wool over your eyes. :heart:

OP deactivated
  • allieemc2
    allieemc2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Me too, that was my first thought. But really drinking in general is kinda cheating for me, so much calories in drinks, lol
  • fara180
    fara180 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    i'll bite the bullet on this one and be honest with the internet world.

i have cheated while heavily intoxicated before. and i was H-A-M-M-E-R-E-D/S-H-I-T-F-A-C-E-D drunk. but i knew what was going on and i knew what was happening. i remembered that i had a boyfriend and i knew the man in my bed was not him. so i was completely aware that i was cheating...but my ability to comprehend the consequences of this action were no where to be found.

i literally had no sense of right or wrong during that time period. and when i sobered up and realized what had happened the night before. i was like "oh fuuuu-"
  • giggles2giggle
    giggles2giggle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Are you talking drunk eating? Because I am always trying to forget about that.:wink:

Lol me too!
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I've been drunk. Boy, have I been drunk. Sometimes when I'm drunk I find it difficult to find my way to where I want to go (and I got lost many times), or I say things I probably wouldn't say sober, and do things I wouldn't do.
    But when I'm drunk and do those things, I know, I KNOW VERY WELL, that I wouldn't do this while sober. And sometimes, I feel like doing something silly and tell myself no, and then I don't do it. As drunk as I got to be, I was always, ALWAYS fully aware of what was going on. And as drunk as I was, and that happened quite a lot, I never had this famous "oh my I don't remember anything and there's someone in my bed" moment like in the movies. It doesn't happen. You're very much aware that you're doing something that maybe you wouldn't do or shouldn't.

So no. It's no excuse.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I agree with most of the reply's...cheating drunk is still cheating, and being drunk as an excuse is often the crutch of the coward. How often have you heard BS like "I wouldn't have hit her if I wasn't drunk" etc etc

Stop hiding behind alcohol you cowards, your decisions are yours and if you can't handle your drink than don't drink. End of story.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Drunkeness is never an excuse for anything. That said, drunken cheating, or any one-time lapse in judgement is not as bad as a long calculated affair.
    True. But cheating is still cheating.
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    There is thing called responsibility, most people who get that drunk have done it before and know that they black out, if they are in relationship and really care about their partner than they have to take the responsibility and watch their drinking, being so drunk you black out is no excuse for cheating, ever. Yeah maybe its not as bad as an conscious affair, but its cheating. If it happens once who is to say it wont happen again, I would leave any guy who would black out and cheat, even if it was just a kiss, intoxication is not an excuse or free pass.
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    my philosophy is that whatever you do under the influence is what you dont have the balls to do when youre sober . . . . . thats just my opinion though

so true!!!
  • seanezekiel
    seanezekiel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Its a load of bull for sure.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Cheating while drunk totally doesn't count!!

There should at least be a blood/alcohol content threshold that makes it forgivable!
  • pnubn1
    pnubn1 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Alcohol doesn't make a person cheat....it's just used as an excuse. It's total bs.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options

There should at least be a blood/alcohol content threshold that makes it forgivable!

Really??? What do you think that blood/alcohol content threshold should be?
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options

How about 2.0 percent?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

At least the legally drunk limit, .08%!
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Sober thoughts lead to drunken actions.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options

At least the legally drunk limit, .08%!

Well! Isn't this just the perfect plan!:)
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    I've never been drunk myself, but I do believe that people can be so drunk that they no longer realize what they are doing. Not that cheating while drunk is acceptable by any means, but I do think it is possible to be too drunk to know what is going on. At least, judging from the horror stories of my friends.