30 Day Shred - Starting April 15 2013

Options

Replies

• chipmunk_87
    Options
    Day 5 for me today. Definitely feeling a lot easier - some parts are almost TOO easy, but then again some parts (I'm looking at you, side lunges with arm raises!) are still really really tough.

I was really unmotivated today but I MADE myself do it and I'm so pleased I did. Now to keep it up over the weekend...
  • SherryLynn82
    SherryLynn82 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    L1D7 tonight and last night was the first time that I could have fun with a lot of the video! No soreness at all today! I do have to say though...any of the arm exercises still kill me while I am doing them. I am not sure I will ever be able to do a "real" push-up instead of going to my knees!
  • travlinmel101
    travlinmel101 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Maybe because I didn't do L2D1 to my fullest efforts (because I was still learning what I was supposed to be doing), I don't feel any pain today! YAY! But, tonight, now that I'm a little more aware of what I'm supposed to do, we'll see how that will feel!

I'm not sure about the "knees" question...my problem ends up being with my shins/calves, but maybe give L2 a try, see how you feel, and decide if you want to do L1 for a few more days...me personally, I can't wait for the 30 days to be over, so 10 days each for me! :)

Regarding push-ups...I was never able to do them all in L1 (or practically my whole life), I just did my best (15 girly-style in a row!) and then just kept pushing my body off the ground :) Because there's no "normal" push-ups in L2, I've actually considered pausing the DVD and just trying to keep doing push-ups each time to see how many I can get to?

And, I love aliann30's "let's keep on keepin' on!"
  • leeroxboro
    leeroxboro Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Off to visit the hubby, no internet, so I'll "see" y'all next week!!

Glad level 2 didn't make you so sore, maybe I will give it a try Monday!!
  • SAB8A
    SAB8A Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi All, Just found this thread.. where was it 10 days ago LOL. I finished L1D10 today Yay me!! There were days I didn't want to do it but my Hubby is doing it with me so he pushed me to get it done. I always feel so much better after the workout so I'm going to keep reminding myself that when I want to take a rest day. I have taken 1 rest day this set of 10. I will be doing an extra day of level 1 because my hubby started a day after I did and I'm going to keep at his level until we are both ready for Level 2.

I'm having a problem finding Level 2 on YouTube. Can someone send me the link?

Thanks and let's all keep shredding!
  • grace42d
    grace42d Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I also can't find level 2 on youtube. I moved to level 3 and did the beginner version, which I am still working on. I will be on level three for a while. I can now do jumping jacks, burpies, mountain climbers, jump lunges and a few unaided situps!

Keep shreddin'
  • wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    i couldn't find level 2 on youtube but it's on vimeo:
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    im on day 5 today as i took a rest day yesterday due to my shift pattern change, as its my day off from work today ill be doing the workout and hopefully if it arrives ill be going on my cross trainer :)

I feel so guilty because i took a rest day, i know my body needs to have rest days now an again, but i didnt want or need it to be this soon (thanks work!)
  • shellux
    shellux Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    L1D7 tonight and last night was the first time that I could have fun with a lot of the video! No soreness at all today! I do have to say though...any of the arm exercises still kill me while I am doing them. I am not sure I will ever be able to do a "real" push-up instead of going to my knees!
    I can't do push ups either so I do a plank instead. It's the best I can do :)
  • floppybackend
    floppybackend Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    bought my DVD on ebay used so it was half the price. I have a love hate with this DVD. Yes, it does take 20 mins but 5 mins prep and after 3/4hr with shower, hair and dress - so it does take some time in total 1hr 10 mins. Sadly I am too much of a sweaty betty. I find it impossible to do every day. If I can I drop the children off to school, come home and then do it. If I dont do it then - its not going to happen as next free time is after 8pm but I cant workout late as it keeps me awake.

I am determined to get back to my DVDs but find alternating them is better as its too repetitive.
  • SherryLynn82
    SherryLynn82 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I ended up working really late last night and not getting home in time to get in L1D7, so that will be tonight. However, I decided that days off are NOT my friend. I wasn't sore at all yesterday, but I am today...strange!
  • melissa112
    melissa112 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    L2D3 today! I managed to make it all the way through the last set of abs workout, the plank with crossover or whatever it is! Albeit, very slowly!! My goal is to be able to do them all the way through at a reasonable pace by the end of day 10. Also did the squats with arm raises all the way through, but that was hard and didn't manage to bring my arms all the way up to my eyes!

I tensed my arm muscles the other day though, and although I can't actually see anything resembling muscle haha, they did feel like the muscles had grown a bit!

Good luck with everyone doing the shred today! It really does get better as the days go on!
  • fatthighs13
    Options
    I am looking to start this. I am currently training for a 10k race.
    Would anyone recommend doing this alongside?
  • travlinjess
    travlinjess Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    L1 D10 down, and my knee is feeling a bit bothered again!! It's not a sharp, in the joint pain, more of a you haven't gotten off your butt to do anything in over 5 years, and you expect me to what?? I really need to work on strengthening the muscles before I do some joint damage...

Those of you who've done L2, is it any harder on the knees?? Still haven't decided whether to do 5 more days level 1 before moving on..

Hi there! I'm on my second round of 30DS, but had the same nagging knee pain through round 1 in January…and for the same reasons…I had been inactive for a loooong time. Anyway, I found Level 2 less intense for my knees, so give it a try. I found some moves in LV 3 hard on my knee, so be wary.

Best thing to do for now is modify the moves a little. The butt-kicks killed my left knee for some reason, so I would jump less or do a move in its place….just keep moving.

I continued to do similar workouts (ie Jillian Michaels) after the Shred, and the knee pain disappeared as I got stronger and the muscles around the knee developed.

Hope this helps…stick with it…results are so worth it. It doesn't get easier, you get stronger!!! :)
  • Michellenicole35
    Michellenicole35 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    just done level 1 thought i was gona die!!!!!!! count me in : )
  • kitjos
    kitjos Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Bump for Tuesday :)
  • PecorinoRomano
    PecorinoRomano Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Just saw this thread! I am on lvl1day6... Still can only do knee push-ups but I can do SO many more since I started last week. I've been staying away from the scale and the measuring tape, but I'm definitely feeling it (so sore!) and every day I feel like I can do a little bit more of the routine without wanting to die. :laugh: Keep it up everyone!! This thread is so motivational for me, thank you!
  • leeroxboro
    Options
    L1 D10 down, and my knee is feeling a bit bothered again!! It's not a sharp, in the joint pain, more of a you haven't gotten off your butt to do anything in over 5 years, and you expect me to what?? I really need to work on strengthening the muscles before I do some joint damage...

Those of you who've done L2, is it any harder on the knees?? Still haven't decided whether to do 5 more days level 1 before moving on..

Hi there! I'm on my second round of 30DS, but had the same nagging knee pain through round 1 in January…and for the same reasons…I had been inactive for a loooong time. Anyway, I found Level 2 less intense for my knees, so give it a try. I found some moves in LV 3 hard on my knee, so be wary.

Best thing to do for now is modify the moves a little. The butt-kicks killed my left knee for some reason, so I would jump less or do a move in its place….just keep moving.

I continued to do similar workouts (ie Jillian Michaels) after the Shred, and the knee pain disappeared as I got stronger and the muscles around the knee developed.

Hope this helps…stick with it…results are so worth it. It doesn't get easier, you get stronger!!! :)

Thank you for this...I just got home and stopped by WalMart on the way to pick up the DVD (I had been doing L1 on YouTube). I am going to take a peek at level 2 tonight just to have a look see at the moves, and will try it tomorrow morning (won't sleep a wink if I exercise this late)....

Thanks again!!
  • leeroxboro
    Options
    L2 D1 down, and it kicked my booty!! I wonder how long I'd have to do this to be able to keep up with Natalie!!
  • SAB8A
    SAB8A Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    L2D1 in the books.. WOW!!! I had to lean on the wall to do the shoulder raises and leg raises today. I'm hoping by the end of the 10 day I will be able to do those without needing the wall. I did do as much as I could and pushed myself to do it this morning to get it over with. I literally laid on the floor after the work out trying to make my muscles move LOL. Here's to 9 more days on this.
    And Yes Jill I do feel like I'm going to Die.