foods you love that others might find gross?

Options

Replies

• Imadarkswan
    Imadarkswan Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Most but not all of the weird food combos I like include miracle whip! Man I love Miracle Whip!

black eyed peas and miracle whip
    cherry jello and miracle whip
    canned peaches or pears with miracle whip and cottage cheese
    scrambled eggs and miracle whip
    brains and eggs and miracle whip
    Miracle Whip sandwich on White Bread
  • m00nshin3r
    Options
    a few of my favorites would have to be mud-bugs. cant get enough of them.. they dont exactly smell like heaven but they sure taste it.
    fried gator tail, buffalo.. mmm.

what are some foods you like that others dont and/or refuse to eat?

You say mud-bugs like anyone knows what that is.

crawfish.. does that make it easier?
  • iwillbetinytea
    iwillbetinytea Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Sardines on saltine crackers.

This is one of my faves :)

I also love scrambled eggs and maple syrup. I ate it in Florida but its something us in the UK find weird because to us they are savoury.
  • greeneyes0809
    greeneyes0809 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Not really that weird but I dip my grilled cheese in barbecue sauce oh and avocado with drizzled with barbecue sauce is soo goodd. Basically I kinda love BBQ sauce...
  • m00nshin3r
    Options
    Not really that weird but I dip my grilled cheese in barbecue sauce oh and avocado with drizzled with barbecue sauce is soo goodd. Basically I kinda love BBQ sauce...

YES!
  • emuravyeva
    emuravyeva Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have porridge every day for breakfast, but I add hot chocolate powder to make it taste chocolatey. Is lovely but a lot of people look at me like I'm crazy!

I do that, too! Try asking for a spoonful of chocolate powder at a restaurant... they look at your REALLY funny.
  • GymBeast2
    GymBeast2 Posts: 81
    Options
    Beef heart.....grew up next to my mom's family farm. Great slow cooked in a stew.

I have had cow tongue 2x. Loved it the first time, but I get grossed out now.
  • pnubn1
    pnubn1 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Yep..you guessed it..Chitlins and hot sauce....with Jiffy Cornbread

Oooooomg:drinker:
  • pnubn1
    pnubn1 Posts: 339 Member
    Options

I love this!!!!!
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options

I just tried sardines for the first time a few weeks ago. I had bought the tin a month before but I was scared to open it. I'm glad I did--I wouldn't say it was my favorite thing ever, but definitely better than I thought.

I love blue cheese. I'll put it on just about anything. Nobody else in my family will eat it.
  • stargazer008
    Options
    Vegetables

Most people have an irrational fear of them.
  • pinktiger8
    pinktiger8 Posts: 130
    Options
    all through high school I would get a chef salad for lunch. the only dressing they had was full fat ranch so i used packets of fancy ketchup instead. to this day, i still dress my salads with ketchup. Delish!
  • Phany04
    Phany04 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Boiled green plantain, boiled cassava, boiled green banana...... With fried egg or cheese. :) heaven.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I love peanut butter and pickle sandwiches. I said this at work and apparently my coworkers found it disgusting. It sounds weird but it's yummyyyyy! Especially if you use the little sweet gherkins. :)

Hot sauce on eggs oh and eel in my sushi. Mmmmmm...
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    German blood sausage. Ackee ( but with bacon instead of salt fish)....alas, haven't had either in years.
  • starryvagabond
    starryvagabond Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Octopus. I've had a lot of people look at me like I have three heads when I tell them I adore it.
  • juliana813
    juliana813 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    cow tongue :D
  • GreenEggsNHan
    GreenEggsNHan Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    PB2 (peanut butter powder) mixed with sugar free syrup. Weird but totally awesome.
  • famousmonstr76
    Options
    That is definitely different. LOL
  • robinellis
    Options
    corned cougar. best wild meat i have ever had. bear roast is my second fav!