foods you love that others might find gross?

Options

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    You guys are gross! :angry:
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Eel: My favorite variety of sushi.

Liverwurst: I'll accept the risks for gout from eating organ meat, because it's delicious.

Anchovies: WHY did it take me so long to try these lovely salty fish?

Salmiak licorice: Don't like it? Great! More for me.
  • overthehill1
    Options
    I really love gator, as well as mudbugs and shark as well. Octopus and squid aren't bad either! Oh man, now I'm hungry:laugh:
  • eatyourselffitter
    eatyourselffitter Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Roasted bone marrow, escargot, foie gras, sherry chicken liver mouse.All rich things and good in small amounts. I also started eating Ezekiel cinnamon raisin bread topped with soft goat cheese and sliced ham. My son loves it as well. Hate avocado (that probably makes me weirder than liking the other foods)
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    How to Properly eat a Hard Boiled Egg:

1. Cut in half length-wise and remove yolks very carefully.
    2. Fill little craters of egg whites with cider vinegar.
    3. Place yolks back in craters so they float on the vinegar.
    4. Salt & pepper it.
    5. Now put a whole half in your mouth.

OMG. Yum. My fiance thinks I'm nuts, but I learned that from my pappy when I was a little girl. I also don't mind vinegar on spaghetti.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Oysters on the half-shell, sea urchin sashimi, osso bucco, sweetbreads, octopus, calamari, escargot, eel. Compared to some people here I feel like a very unadventurous eater. :smile:
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Sardines on saltine crackers.

I just tried sardines for the first time a few weeks ago. I had bought the tin a month before but I was scared to open it. I'm glad I did--I wouldn't say it was my favorite thing ever, but definitely better than I thought.

I love blue cheese. I'll put it on just about anything. Nobody else in my family will eat it.

The brand matters to me. I find some sardines gross, but I love King Oscar brisling sardines in olive oil.
  • ainsleybtown
    Options
    i love egg whites. My husband and friends are grossed out by this. Crave them.
  • m00nshin3r
    Options
    How to Properly eat a Hard Boiled Egg:

1. Cut in half length-wise and remove yolks very carefully.
    2. Fill little craters of egg whites with cider vinegar.
    3. Place yolks back in craters so they float on the vinegar.
    4. Salt & pepper it.
    5. Now put a whole half in your mouth.

OMG. Yum. My fiance thinks I'm nuts, but I learned that from my pappy when I was a little girl. I also don't mind vinegar on spaghetti.

i am going to try that tonight
  • Adirafox
    Adirafox Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I don't feel I have anything weird to add!

Liverwurst is DELICIOUS!

Grilled cheese and strawberry jam. Grilled cheese and sautéed onions....OMG, yum!!!

Blue cheese is my FAVORITE cheese! When i was a kid and lived in Wisconsin, we went to a cheese festival and I tried it for the first time since it was my favorite color. I did NOT like it then, but grew into it. Really, with cheese, the stinkier, the better. I also like souse, or head cheese.

Cottage cheese. Most people don't seem to like it. I think it's tasty!

I'm a fan of mud bugs, myself, but only when they are cooked right....you gotta have a friend made 'em. Restaurants steam them and dump seasoning afterwards, and that is just yucky. They have NO flavor!!! I don't suck the heads, though. That IS gross.
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Love sardines on toasted bagels!
    Beef tongue especially cold in sandwiches with mustard
    Beef heart slow cooked in stew.
    Mudbugs cooked with no seasoning just a little butter tastes like lobster!!
  • vikkiitoria
    vikkiitoria Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs with maple syrup or ketchup, yum:love:
  • FrozenFlame22
    FrozenFlame22 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Kefir. I used to make my own from the grains, but they didn't survive a 2000 mile cross country move. No matter how much I talk up the taste and health benefits, I just can't get anyone else besides my immediate family to try it.
  • 123sockmonkey123
    123sockmonkey123 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    ramps. raw,cooked,in eggs,potatoes,on a sammich...
    syrup n eggs
    j&j rolls- shrimp & crab w/avacado,terriyaki,& caviar on top
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    batter fried brain sandwich ( a Midwest specialty) or barbecued pig snouts,
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Cows tongue... yummmmm :tongue:
  • urmyeffinstar
    urmyeffinstar Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I used to think I liked weird food but now I know I don't...haha!

I like sandwiches on white bread with miracle whip, sliced tomato, a kraft single cheese, and salt. That is about as weird as I get!
    But my cousin dips his cheese in pudding.... 0.0
  • m00nshin3r
    Options
    along with buffalo, crawfish and gator tail.. deer meat is delicious. its also very lean.
    i prefer it over hamburger meat.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Sardines on saltine crackers.

This is one of my faves :)

I also love scrambled eggs and maple syrup. I ate it in Florida but its something us in the UK find weird because to us they are savoury.

There's also french toast/eggy bread which we seem to have as a savoury dish in the UK, but tends to be a sweet dish elsewhere.

I posted this sweet/savoury recipe http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/973009-hot-crispy-bacon-maple-doughnut-sandwich-very-simple that I made after watching Man v Food. Basically bacon in a fried doughnut. Seemed so wrong, but tasted so right.
  • sangeyvang
    sangeyvang Posts: 182
    Options
    my mom makes this really good pork intestine, pork liver, heart, etc. salad type dish. soooo good. ;) and there is a raw beef larb salad! yum!