This is going to make me sound so horrible, but...

Options

Replies

• carolmcgov
    carolmcgov Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm all for embracing your body, but thanks to "real women" like this, I can't put "curvy" on a dating profile anymore because men know it's code for "obese". I am 5 foot 6 and measure 37-25-36. That is CURVY. So now I just put "average" as body type. Also, all women are "real women". Some women are skinny, some are fat, some are fit, some are not. WE are however, all REAL WOMEN.

I agree with this. Curvy is meant to mean hourglass shaped. Regardless of size. I would consider myself curvy aswel even though Im 113lbs at 5ft5 33-24-33. You can be curvy at any size. The word has just lost all meaning as it's used by people who aren't even curvy and just overweight so now if you tell someone you are curvy they will probably presume you are overweight.
    I also agree with the above, we come in all shapes and sizes and its not ok to bash someone for being big OR slim. Variety is the spice of life :)
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I've never understood this argument. Who cares what someone labels their shape?

In fact, I just say my shape is hyper-lemniscatic (that's right, three dimensions can't contain me).
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    I've never understood this argument. Who cares what someone labels their shape?

In fact, I just say my shape is hyper-lemniscatic (that's right, three dimensions can't contain me).

tumblr_mc7l1cxLR51ru41xno1_400.gif

tumblr_m2zu1gaDYp1r0ix14o1_500.gif

intergalactic bootie. oooh yeh....
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say those are HER issues....not any of ours. :yawn:
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    :indifferent: curvy doesn't mean obese.
    this...
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I'M NOT FAT, I'M JUST SASSY
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Like my boyfriend says, 'Curvy' is when you curve in, not out.
    People who are curvy or not curvy are all beautiful, but I understand OP, there are ALOT of much larger ladies who say they are 'curvy' when they are just large. Its also annoying when they say that the smaller ladies aren't curvy because they aren't fat. It's kind of become a kind word to describe the overweight :(
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I'm all for embracing your body, but thanks to "real women" like this, I can't put "curvy" on a dating profile anymore because men know it's code for "obese". I am 5 foot 6 and measure 37-25-36. That is CURVY. So now I just put "average" as body type. Also, all women are "real women". Some women are skinny, some are fat, some are fit, some are not. WE are however, all REAL WOMEN.

I agree with this. Curvy is meant to mean hourglass shaped. Regardless of size. I would consider myself curvy aswel even though Im 113lbs at 5ft5 33-24-33. You can be curvy at any size. The word has just lost all meaning as it's used by people who aren't even curvy and just overweight so now if you tell someone you are curvy they will probably presume you are overweight.
    I also agree with the above, we come in all shapes and sizes and its not ok to bash someone for being big OR slim. Variety is the spice of life :)

Said perfectly :-)
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Like, I know I'm not just curvy. I'm fat, lol. I don't lie to myself by saying I'm just big boned.

Right now, I am fat and I know it... which is the reason I am here and trying to get back to being healthy.

I can honestly say that I am in fact large boned (makes things like ankle bracelets, and regular bracelets tough (poor me :wink: )... However, even with bones the Drs classified (many moons ago) as the size of a mans bones, I was at one point under 125 pounds. I looked sick, but I did it!

I understand your rant, I just think maybe (as often times rants do) it came out wrong. No cat fights needed.
  • jran3
    jran3 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Wow! Wow to what the OP said, and WOW to so many comments. If only I were smart enough to come up with an original comment on either side of the subject.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I hate it when women are like, "I'm just curvy/thick/etc." :huh:
    No, you're obese.
    And then there are the ones that say things like, "Only real women have curves." How rude! :noway:

/end of rant.

Sometimes what we say and feel are not articulated in the way we want them to be understood.

Epic fail on both counts.
  • SquidandWhale
    Options
    internetfight_zps90b5f393.gif

Oh my, that might be my favorite GIF in this thread. It really made the past eight pages of 'CURVY IS FAT, SKINNY IS FLAT!' round-robin insults worth it.

The backtracking has been highly amusing.
  • slimster1970
    slimster1970 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I would never have lost weight had I not wakened up to the fact I was obese rather than big boned.

Still could have worded it a little better :-)
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Well, this was fun.
  • kelbwjax
    kelbwjax Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm not saying curvy women are obese lol. Oh boy...

All she is saying is that yes, some women are curvy and beautiful, but there are also women that are obese and try to say that excess fat is curves, to make themselves feel better. And you don't sound horrible btw its just the honest to Gods truth. And it goes both ways, there are lots of in shape people bashed for being "skinny" thats not fair either.
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    are you losing sleep over them?

I think she is...some women hate to see a healthy, voluptuous *kitten* on another woman..because it makes their own little skinny *kitten* seem less appealing.

Lol. No.

I dont understand why it is that you're bothered so much about other people. Mind your own business. Does it make you feel better about yourself when you put someone else down? I know this for a fact.......women of all shapes and sizes have HATERS...and haters are simply people who want what they cannot have. Maybe it's the attention the so called overweight women get....hey, they got your attention, didn't they.

And you're so sad....you hate on voluptuous women..AND slender women. Says alot about you.
    And one more thing...

If you're not the one buying their clothes..it's none of your business what the hell they wear.

Sheeeeit..I'll stuff my hump in a pair of daisy dukes..and dare a b***h to even LOOK at me side-eyed.

Your guilty conscience is really showing now....lol. I would never ever in a million years look at someone who is wearing ill fitting clothes (and that's putting it nicely) and think "Damn, I wish I could look like that" that's just a ridiculous notion that I think everyone agrees with. Come on now. And you're calling ME ignorant? Wearing things like that is the DEFINITION of ignorance...And I'm not "sad", you can be quite blissful when you're realistic, not just by being ignorant.
  • pnubn1
    pnubn1 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    are you losing sleep over them?

I think she is...some women hate to see a healthy, voluptuous *kitten* on another woman..because it makes their own little skinny *kitten* seem less appealing.

Lol. No.

I dont understand why it is that you're bothered so much about other people. Mind your own business. Does it make you feel better about yourself when you put someone else down? I know this for a fact.......women of all shapes and sizes have HATERS...and haters are simply people who want what they cannot have. Maybe it's the attention the so called overweight women get....hey, they got your attention, didn't they.

And you're so sad....you hate on voluptuous women..AND slender women. Says alot about you.
    And one more thing...

If you're not the one buying their clothes..it's none of your business what the hell they wear.

Sheeeeit..I'll stuff my hump in a pair of daisy dukes..and dare a b***h to even LOOK at me side-eyed.

Your guilty conscience is really showing now....lol. I would never ever in a million years look at someone who is wearing ill fitting clothes (and that's putting it nicely) and think "Damn, I wish I could look like that" that's just a ridiculous notion that I think everyone agrees with. Come on now. And you're calling ME ignorant? Wearing things like that is the DEFINITION of ignorance...And I'm not "sad", you can be quite blissful when you're realistic, not just by being ignorant.

Definitely not guilty....and I definitely dont bash them on web forums ...where it's "safe"...rather than mentioning your frustrations about what they wear..to THAT person. Like I said..worry about yourself. Find a more constructive way to help them..rather than hurting them. .no..better yet, tell them exactly what you think..and let me know where I can come and watch their response :bigsmile:
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I agree. I'm sick of women using the "I'm thick" excuse to hide the fact they are just f**kin' fat. What's even worse is "big girl stores" enable women to think. It's OK if I'm 300lbs pounds of blubber and my man secretly thinks I'm replusive. I can shop at *insert big girl store name here* and I can find something that will fit me. Food for thought. What happens when your husband leaves you for muscular woman that put down the Twinkie and picked a weight up. Oh and don't use, "I had a baby" as an excuse either. After you push, and it's out. You have to take the weight off. Not keep it on your *kitten* as a battle scar!

I'm totally with you on this. It's not horrible. It's the truth. With North America facing an obesity epidemic, face the fact ladies. You're not thick, juice, more cushion for the pushin', or even a big girl. You're just fat and you need to run your *kitten* around the block a few times.

Oh and before you start saying, "Well who the f**k do you think you are?" I used to weight 300lbs. I ran my fat *kitten* around the block and trained. Entered a fitness model contest. Won. Enough said. That's who the f**k I think I am.
    You're such a sweetheart! Are you single?:love:

Strong first post too, btw..

I couldn't find who posted this gem. Was it nuked?

(Totally unrelated thought: why do the MFP mods nuke reported comments, but not check to see if the reported comment has been quoted? If it's a violation originally, wouldn't they want to expunge the thread of it?)

haha, I was looking for the original too but figured it caused too much butthurt and was nuked.

And to answer your unrelated question, I think it's lazy moderation. They check the first post of the thread to see if the whole thing deserves a nuke or not, if it doesn't then they just delete the reported posts.
This discussion has been closed.