Anyone lose 100+ pounds WITHOUT surgery?

Options

Replies

• amann_84
    amann_84 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    182 pounds here no surgery. Just logging my food in MFP, running, and lifting.
  • Souldor
    Souldor Posts: 7
    Options
    141, no surgery, just eating right, weight lifting and some cardio...not even that much, I actually maybe only run for 15-20 minutes a week at most, and have went 2 years without running at all.

Pictures can be seen on my blog! www.learning-right.blogspot.ca
  • imfocused40
    Options
    This was such a Inspirational thread!! thanks to everybody that shared. my question is that loosing that much weight slow and steady did you prevent having loose skin? compared to people i have seen that get surgery the loose skin to me is worst then being fat!
  • figureformin
    figureformin Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Looking AWESOME ladies and gents every last one of you, Thanks for sharing:)
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    This was such a Inspirational thread!! thanks to everybody that shared. my question is that loosing that much weight slow and steady did you prevent having loose skin? compared to people i have seen that get surgery the loose skin to me is worst then being fat!

This was a big worry i had in the beginning. From what i've read a big, big part of it is genetics. Some people have it bad, some none at all. For me, I have very little loose skin. Just a little bit on my upper thighs. People can only see it is i wear a bikini or very short shorts. Nowhere else, most people dont even believe that i was ever overweight.
  • agggie550
    agggie550 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Pics are on my profiles, but I went from 382 to 218 (164 lost).... Pushed my self a little to hard to get there, and lived a pretty unhealthy lifestyle of trying to beat the scale and keep losing weight. Worked through that and got back up to 240, and now happy healthy and trying to maintain and put on muscle with a lot of lifting.
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I have lost 147 with 3 more to go. No surgery just lifting and cardio and proper nutrition. About 1 year and 9 months.

June 2011:

8270186796_9e58cae1e7_z.jpg

Feb 2013:

8459829976_d2eaa3cfc1_z.jpg

incredible transformation
  • hubtech
    hubtech Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    See my profile pics for before and afters. Proper nutrition is the key - you will need to make permanent changes that you presumably didn't make after the bariactric surgery.

You can do it! Best of luck.

Anyone can feel free to add me for mutual support.

... Allen
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    This guy sees your 100 and raises 92

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/Pu_239
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Not quite 100... but close enough :wink:
    You can do it. :smile:
  • michellechawner
    Options
    I have lost 300+ without surgery, got maybe another 15-20 lbs. to goal.... Take it one day at a time and you will reach yours..... Best of Luck

Check out my website/blog for my pics: www.gettingfit4life.com

I just went to your blog - HOLY CRAP.

300+ Pounds! This is proof that diet and hard work pay off and to NOT give in to magic pills/wraps/potions and crap!

Just - WOW. I'm speechless
  • Guinevere117
    Guinevere117 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I lost 106 pounds through a healthy choices and exercise in a little over 6 months. No magic, just hard work.... unless you count my enthusiasm to lose the weight as magic, in that case I made my own magic and so can you..... :wink:
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I lost 106 pounds through a healthy choices and exercise in a little over 6 months. No magic, just hard work.... unless you count my enthusiasm to lose the weight as magic, in that case I made my own magic and so can you..... :wink:

You lost 106 pounds in 6 months!!!! WOW. what in heavens name did you do??
  • challenger9509
    challenger9509 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    bump for later (inspiration)
  • kmgstevens
    kmgstevens Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    SO much inspiration here...thank you everyone who posted their success stories here :)
  • ayankeefan51
    ayankeefan51 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Another 18 away but pretty close.

Wow, your arms look amazing. What did you do to tone up your arms like that? I would love to have my arms look that way this time next year.
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    It took me less than 2 years to lose 202 pounds and have managed to maintain that for a couple of months now. I still want to lose another 7 pounds and then maintain a few pounds above that when eating to more.

154 pounds of that was by the end of the first year.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    lots of my FL has. Just use the "search" feature here to search the "success" threads using key words like 100 lbs and etc. You'll find their detailed stories and pic's. And others. Get some tissues ready cause these people are inspiring.
  • Jackie7864
    Jackie7864 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Now that is inspirational. I love to see results to encourage me..:happy
  • Jackie7864
    Jackie7864 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!