Plenty of Fish?

Options

Replies

• CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Ummm I didn't have a good experience with it, there are WAY too many people on there (yes there can be too many) and their interface sucks. Okcupid was a better choice for me, people were a bit more serious.
  • sunset_twilight
    sunset_twilight Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Me and the OH will be together 1 year in September! I'm now looking for work where he lives and moving in with him.
  • Missyb322
    Missyb322 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I had been on a few different sites including POF and didn't like any of them....maybe it was just me.
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Mackerel, milkfish, tarpon, tuna, salmon, tilapia. Best fish...
  • kf4vkp
    kf4vkp Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I just joined, first women I message sent back "sorry not my type" thanks for letting me know lol

I wish more people would do this. It's better than no response at all...
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I had a wonderful experience of my friend finding my now ex on that site lol.

but in all seriousness, a lot of my friends have met their partners through that site
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I joined Plenty of Fish in June of 2010, because I'd moved to a new city and I wanted to meet people. I really wasn't looking for a relationship, just new friends.

First guy I met had joined the day before me and was basically fresh out of a 10 year relationship and not after anything serious. Just looking for some nookie really. I was also the first person he met off there.

I'm marrying him 1 week tomorrow :)
  • dezcast
    dezcast Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    My experience... no "dating" happened. Just "fun". Id do it again
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    RichandLonely

He's definitely looking for a serious relationship.
  • selina884
    Options
    My experience... no "dating" happened. Just "fun". Id do it again

Hookups?
    classy.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    *** RESULTS NOT TYPICAL ***

i fired up my pof profile a couple of months ago in a lonely, frustrated, slightly drunk fit of pique. i had no expectations (because i really wasn't thinking it through) so i shouldn't have been surprised: my inbox started filling up before i'd even posted a picture. after i put up my pix it filled up even faster. i got a lot of crude, graceless propositions, which i quickly got comfortable ignoring. i got a lot of decent comeons from those just 'not my type.'

early on i got one reasoned, intelligent message of more than ten words, to which i responded eagerly. turns out this is the one and only guy (thus far) i've met irl from pof. we have been seeing each other for a month, and it's going swell. :wink:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    BonerCollector.

Er, BoneCollector. Yeah.
  • selina884
    Options
    BonerCollector.

Er, BoneCollector. Yeah.

LMFAO! love it.
  • super_fast
    Options
    VERY GOOD SITE. Since you choose IF you want to pay or not for extras, but basic is free, and thats better than most. user name: MFPsupertreat
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    I joined Plenty of Fish in June of 2010, because I'd moved to a new city and I wanted to meet people. I really wasn't looking for a relationship, just new friends.

First guy I met had joined the day before me and was basically fresh out of a 10 year relationship and not after anything serious. Just looking for some nookie really. I was also the first person he met off there.

I'm marrying him 1 week tomorrow :)

Congrats to you !
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I have used both plenty of fish and Okcupid in the past. Both are free sites and yes there are plenty of strange uns out there but no more than if you meet someone in a bar.

I'm no longer on any of these sites although friends still sue them Because thanks to OKcupid I'm happily married with a beautiful almost 3 year old daughter.
  • xxXcaraXxx
    xxXcaraXxx Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Tried. It don't know if its round here but its full of werdios
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Ohhh dating sites. So many I've been on. *ahem* I have a busy life and meeting people randomly just does not happen to me.

The last one I tried was POF...and I stayed on it for about 3 weeks. It was insane. Before I figured out I could filter out by age of who could contact me I had a plethora of cubs looking for cougar to maul them. Then there were the guys who suggested my place as first date. WTF? Or the ones that don't really want to meet but want to have some sort of e-mail relationship.

The best experience I've had is with Match. Yes you have to pay, but that's what weeds out the freaks and the looky-loos and the people just wasting your time. I've had two long-term relationships with gentlemen I've met through match - and they were gentlemen.
  • GrnEyz80
    GrnEyz80 Posts: 121
    Options
    Tried it and met my ex, we were together for 2 years. Thought we were going to get married, but he wasn't ready for committment I guess. Anyway, since it is free you really have to weed through the losers. I finally had to put " **Disclaimer!! I am NOT here for an online hook-up, booty call, or a "fun time". If that is what you are looking for don't waste your time or mine by messaging me**" After I put that up I met Joe. The thing with the "Free" sites, is it doesn't weed out the skeez-bags. At least if you have to pay a decent amount for the site, you know the guys are a little bit more serious.
  • jenny3073
    jenny3073 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    It was the first and only dating site I've used, I just randomly clicked on an ad I saw on Facebook one day and thought hmmm I was new to the area and had been single for about 8 months. Was surprised how many messages I got, I wasn't even sure if I was ready to start dating again so I was a bit scared at first.

First two people I had extensive chats with turned out to be pigs, and the third was bingo! We've been together almost 3 years, own a home together and could not be happier :)