Ideas for *witty* responses to healthy haters

Options

Replies

• Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    When I first started my weight loss and weighed my food, my b/f would ask the sarcastic question, "Did you WEIGH that?" And I would just say yes. But now, he asks very seriously, "Did you weigh your food?".....because he now sees the results of all my efforts and hard work....and he likes it.

Other people are just jealous.....feel sorry for them. :)
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    I admit I have no witty responses to offer. However, I am fascinated that your relative said she could "see roots" on brussels sprouts. Clearly she has never seen them growing - they grow off of a stalk, "roots" are an impossibility. Take your relative to a farm for goodness sake, maybe she would appreciate her veggies more. :)

LOL!
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Bump!!

Telling my cousin this is a lifestlye change when she insists I'm on a "diet" because I refuse junk food sometimes, just doesn't seem to work :explode:

ideas..? haha

Ask her, "How is your diet going?"
  • zanne54
    zanne54 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Haven't read the responses yet so I don't forget my comeback.

"Ya? I can see yours too. Maybe you should book a hair appointment soon."
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    "I eat this because I like it and I like how I feel when I'm done." Simple, and true.
  • jljshoe1979
    jljshoe1979 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I try to eat healthy...I even like it (most of the time). About a year ago, my mom (who has a weight problem with diabetes and some heart trouble) turned to my brother (who has a weight problem and trying to lose) and said my husband and I were "health nuts." Which is very, very far from the truth...now, my husband and I just laugh about it. My mom has also told me I'm lucky because I don't have a weight problem (I'm about 15-20 lbs over the range I would like to be in, so you can judge that for yourself)...I don't think I'm lucky - I think I'm diligent in having a healthy lifestyle.

As far as the Brussels sprouts comment, I would say: "Thanks for your concern" and keep eating. OR "Oh yeah, the roots, that's the best part." For other possible comments made in the future, finding a way to agree with the person (even if you don't) will usually shut people up...if they keep going, just ask them why they won't let it go, you already agreed with them.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    hmm, maybe something like, "I prefer healthy vegetables to things like chips, especially the one on your shoulder"

burn!
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,683 Member
    Options
    Not witty in the slightest, but I tend to go with "*kitten* off and let me eat my dinner in peace"
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Hey, don't yuck my yumm.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I just look them right in the eye and say "are you eating it?" if they say "no" you reply with "exactly"...my parents always said to keep my eyes on my own plate.
  • Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    When people give you negativity.... try responding with "Thank you for sharing".... when they question as to what you mean by that... respond with " I just wanted to thank you for caring enough about me to be honest"...

It works for me!:laugh: :laugh:
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    "I like food that gives me energy and good moods, not complete junk that's going to give me bad skin and a fat *kitten*!"

You got it. It would go like this," Hey! If I ever want bad skin and a fat azz, I'll eat whatever YOU'RE eating!!!"
  • run_way
    run_way Posts: 220
    Options
    Just say "well you may have achieved your health goals, but I am still working on mine."

This works both ways because it shows you're making healthy decisions to an average person and doesn't mean anything more... and works as a very sarcastic remark if they are significantly larger and/or out of shape than you are. Not that I would actually ever say these things to someone, generally I'm just silent, give them a little grin and walk away. Some fun suggestions to imagine saying, though :flowerforyou:
  • Jokenmit
    Jokenmit Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    just before you pop another veggie in your mouth just blandly ask them how that cow tastes.
  • korgale
    korgale Posts: 3
    Options
    Mind F**k that b*tch!!!!! Look her in the eye and say, "Everything I do, I do for the Devil."
  • RadioactivePirate
    Options
    I just say "Hey, I don't pick on your ice cream [or whatever their favorite unhealthy food is], leave my veggies alone."

Not particularly witty but it gets the point across.
  • ajmiller1987
    ajmiller1987 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Tell them you have a health problem that means you have to eat healthy foods.

When they ask what it is that's wrong with you, tell them it's called not being a fat *kitten*.
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Tell them you have a health problem that means you have to eat healthy foods.

When they ask what it is that's wrong with you, tell them it's called not being a fat *kitten*.
    ok ... I actually laughed at that one.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    You could just ask them "so, what are you having for lunch?" No doubt it'll be something stupidly calorie laden and by turning the conversation back around onto them they may realise how much better your choice is.
  • UrnAsh
    UrnAsh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    "broccoli gets stuck in your teeth, french fries get stuck on your *kitten*"

Ha!