Starting 30 Day Shred today - 7/20 - anyone in?

Options
I'm starting tonight so if anyone is in - post away! :flowerforyou: God knows I'll need the support :sad: :bigsmile:

Replies

• EmilyV80
    EmilyV80 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Me! I think my plan to alternate days with my Couch to 5K runs. I'm on week of 3 of that but today will be my first day of the 30 day shred.
  • taralynn06
    taralynn06 Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm in!!!
  • HealthyEscape
    Options
    Count me in!
  • leesey1
    leesey1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    aw man my first day was yesterday :sad:
    i should have started one yesterday.

good luck to you guys.
  • Flippy44
    Flippy44 Posts: 77
    Options
    Leesey - you can still join us - I'm sure we'll probably not all stick entirely to the 10-10-10 program.
  • leesey1
    leesey1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    that is great, i definitely need the support to keep on going with this, and ill be more than happy to support you guys as well. we can do this!
  • Danielle_81
    Danielle_81 Posts: 166
    Options
    Hi! I am SOO in :bigsmile: I actually "started" a week and a half ago, but did it 2 days then went on vacation (intending to take it with me) when hubby said you can't the DVD player doesn't work at the cabin anymore! So I "restarted" yesterday :bigsmile: I was quite proud of myself that I did it yesterday and today. Was actually already thinking of reasons for NOT doing it tomorrow! :laugh: Self sabotage is great isn't it??

So anyway, I was pleasantly suprised when I did it the first time I made 7 minutes, then my hubby and daughter got into an argument and had to stop. The next day I did 20 minutes when the baby (8 months old) started complaining about being hungry and WAS NOT willing to wait anymore! (and I was home by myself so had to stop). But I was SO SORE for about 3 days afterwards. Now doing it yesterday and today I'm not as sore. I've been holding the stretches longer at the end and I've added a protein drink to my diet right afterwards. So happy those things are helping or else I may get frustrated and give up.

Question: how do you all record it for your work outs?

Can't wait to help motivate everyone!!
    :heart: Danielle :heart:
  • isislc
    isislc Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I haven't looked at my DVD yet but if there is a cardio day I can count my cardio for today.

:wink:
  • Flippy44
    Options
    Oh dear Lord I may vomit. :sick: This is no joke of a workout huh? :laugh: How did everyone do tonight???

And MyWorld - I'm ALREADY thinking of how to make myself do this tomorrow. I can see fields of excuses "popping up" for me not to do this.

Did I mention I really dislike exercise?? :grumble:
  • rmeenen
    rmeenen Posts: 23
    Options
    Tonight was my second night and yes this workout is a killer!!! I have been sore and tonight i almost didn't do it but so glad that i did! Hopefully it will get a lil easier but right now it is kickin my butt!

Myworld what kind of protein drink did you add? I'm looking for a way to up my calories because i cant seem to consume my goal calories! And im lookin for more protein to help my muscles recover from workouts

1426897.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Danielle_81
    Options
    The protein drink I'm drinking is from a medical weight loss program I did a couple years ago. It's got very little sodium, only 70 calories and 15gm of protein. I've got drinks, jello's, soy nuts and crunchy things. All with 15gms of protein. I've held on to them this long and now I'm using them. :bigsmile: My husband swears it's the protein that's helping, but I think the stretching is a big component too. Who knows I'm definitely not changing anything now though!

:heart: Danielle :heart:
  • duribe56
    duribe56 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    sure, what do I need to do.....
  • Izzycool
    Izzycool Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I purchased the dvd today and did my first workout this evening. Wow, what a workout!! Can wait to see some results!
  • EmilyV80
    EmilyV80 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I gotta say, that was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. I am sore this morning but that kind of feels good.
  • Flippy44
    Options
    I'm with you Emily. I'm sore today but that makes me feel like I really accomplished something! We'll see how I do tonight!!!

Oh and I'm only doing 1lbs handweights right now. (Ok so my high tech hand weights are actually two cans of chili beans - but hey it works!!)
  • amymt10
    amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • Flippy44
    Options
    Getting ready to start. Argh. I so don't want the pain but I DO want the results. So off I go!
  • Flippy44
    Options
    Well I made it - and I don't feel like I'm going to puke! Progress!! :laugh:

C'mon folks - where are my other Shredders???
  • Danielle_81
    Options
    Ok so checking in for today....I wasn't able to do my work out today. I overslept and got up with just enough time to get ready for work and get the baby ready for the day with my hubby. I won't be able to excercise tomorrow either, I work 12 hours so it's to difficult.

Hope everyone is doing ok!
  • rmeenen
    rmeenen Posts: 23
    Options
    Last night was my third day and already seeing a difference in stamina!! I still struggle some with completing every single second on the workout but waay better than the first day! Day 4 tonight and hopefully by the end of this weekend I will be able to do the entire workout! Keep up the hard work everyone!