Ideas for *witty* responses to healthy haters

Options

Replies

• HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Play off the "I can see" line with:

Yeah..and I can see my ribs too; ask me if you'd like to know what that's like.
    Yeah...and I can see my toes...oh, sorry, sensitive subject?
    You see my roots, I see your stretch marks, big whoop.
    I can see your lips moving, but all I hear is the sound of my own awesome.
    Hey, I won't comment on the pink slime in your McNugget if you don't comment on the root in my mcHealthy.

etc...
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I would just go with a good ol', "Fu(k you."

Or this. This works too.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    You need to give them this look, until they go away.

tumblr_m8exrrNvhE1rd7c4jo1_500.gif
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't *say* anything. Just sort of glance at their belly and return to your meal,
  • HealthWoke0ish
    Options
    "broccoli gets stuck in your teeth, french fries get stuck on your *kitten*"
    Haha...yes! :)
  • HealthWoke0ish
    Options
    I wouldn't *say* anything. Just sort of glance at their belly and return to your meal,
    Haha...even better! :)
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    My response. I have diabetes. If I ate like you it would kill me.

It's true and I will get to look at their jaw drop.

I'm sorry you have diabetes but holy crap this response literally made me LOL I might use it and I don't even have diabetes! Again Im not laughing at the diabetes itself at all but I would love to see this response in action because the other person would be dumbfounded ;)

I am a diabetic and I can't wait to use this! I laughed too. I am very bad though if I have to wait at a Dr.'s office I will ask when I can get in and when they blow me off, I say no really I am a diabetic and I missed my snack, I need to know. Gets their hind end in gear.
  • stumblinthrulife
    Options
    Reading through some of the responses in this thread, it's amazing the sense of superiority eating vegetables seems to give some people.
  • yetieddie
    yetieddie Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'd just say, "It's easier then eating other vegetables, you have to lift them out of their chair."
  • Raclex
    Raclex Posts: 238
    Options
    I would 'do the up and down stare'....

Start with the belly... slowly move up and once you get to they eyes, move back down. Stop at the belly once again. No need to say anything.

And carry-on eating... *snap* ;-)
  • AprilLove125
    Options
    Reading through some of the responses in this thread, it's amazing the sense of superiority eating vegetables seems to give some people.

Haha!

I'm more surprised that there are so many people who criticize veggie eaters, but I hear it too. When I'm devouring my salad and someone says something smart about it, I just throw my "I'm trying to be a trophy wife" line at them. Making fun of it a little myself seems to take the edge off of them.
  • faefaith
    faefaith Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    "naynaynahbooboo" works for me. Its childish so the only retort is a slow walk away or perhaps someone will stick out their tongue. In most cases, its the walk away.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    http://www.kitchencounterchronicle.com/2012/05/brussel-sprouts-flower-plant-and-garden.html

I'm sorry, but brussel sprouts don't grow directly out of the ground. They grow on a stalk and have to be cut off. How did she see roots?
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    It may have been a conscious put down , it may have been that she was just curious.

I think life is a lot more fun if we just assume that people just are curious. So, I'd say: Yes, it takes a while to get used to whole foods but they really taste good once you do.

You may have set her on the path to trying some whole foods.
  • aNewYear123
    aNewYear123 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I don't ever really tell anyone I am changing how I am eating or that I don't want something because it isn't healthy. I just say something like - 'Yeah, they are really tasty this way.'
  • stumblinthrulife
    Options
    http://www.kitchencounterchronicle.com/2012/05/brussel-sprouts-flower-plant-and-garden.html

I'm sorry, but brussel sprouts don't grow directly out of the ground. They grow on a stalk and have to be cut off. How did she see roots?

I wondered this myself, but gave OP the benefit of the doubt.
  • ZumbaWarriorQueen
    ZumbaWarriorQueen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Whenever someone expresses distaste at something I'm eating, I just fix them with my best stare, pop another bite in my mouth, and make a big show of savoring it. Their resulting obvious discomfort is my reward.
  • likitisplit
    Options

Great attempt at trolling!
  • marsgirlly
    marsgirlly Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Not witty in the slightest, but I tend to go with "*kitten* off and let me eat my dinner in peace"

Beautiful and to the point.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Bump!!

Telling my cousin this is a lifestlye change when she insists I'm on a "diet" because I refuse junk food sometimes, just doesn't seem to work :explode:

ideas..? haha

Why argue semantics? Go for a run instead!