A 5 yo killed a 2yo with a gun!

Options

Replies

• twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options

Can I ask you a simple `yes` or `no` question

If the gun was not available would this `accident` have happened?

If we ban cars, not more auto accidents. They kills a lot more than guns.

Not with children at the wheel???
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    cricket-22-rifle.jpg

if that is your child, and you were located in my province, i would report you. hope no one in your family gets killed by a gun!

not my child, yanked from google... I don't live in a province. What would you report? LOL thats funny

i would report your child being in possession and using a firearm, to children's aid, you know...child protective services.

That's not illegal. Its not even unsafe. This little girl probably knows more about firearms then you do.

they do, which is terrible, if i lived in the united states she would probably shoot me by accident.

and i live in canada, and cas would DEFINITELY open a case and investigate your parenting skills.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Tragic, but not anything to do with this site.

Which would explain it being in the "chit chat" section.

:drinker:
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    This story makes me so sad. Horrible parenting!!! I am all for having guns, but if you are going to teach your kids to handle guns there are some rules you need to set!
    I went shooting for the first time with my grandparents (who are in law enforcement) when I was 6. The first thing they did was get a big white sheet and a big can of tomato sauce, then shot it. This is what this weapon can do to someone.
    Secondly never point a weapon at something unless you intend to kill it!
    This accident was 100% preventable if the parents had been responsible gun owners. Make sure the gun isn't loaded, and don't leave it in a place where a kid has free access to it.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    If banning guns would stop gun violence, would banning muslims stop terrorism?

not all muslims are terrorists [i'm astounded at the racist analogy]
    but all guns can kill
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    When a country is too afraid of their own shadow to create responsible gun legislation, it stands to reason the constituents that vote for those idiots are dumb enough to give a 5 yo a loaded gun.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    To MASSIVE DELTA.....

So...your solutions is to rid all the world of guns to bandaid poor parenting skills?

You did not answer yes or no?

Cause your logic is invalid. thats not a feasible solution.

The logic is very simple it is a yes or no answer

I will put it very simply,for logic's, if the 5 year old did not have access to a gun would the `accident` of killing the 2 year old sibling have occurred?

Possibly did they have access to a drawer full of kitchen knives? A ball bat? a step ladder?
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    cricket-22-rifle.jpg

if that is your child, and you were located in my province, i would report you. hope no one in your family gets killed by a gun!

not my child, yanked from google... I don't live in a province. What would you report? LOL thats funny

i would report your child being in possession and using a firearm, to children's aid, you know...child protective services.

That's not illegal. Its not even unsafe. This little girl probably knows more about firearms then you do.

they do, which is terrible, if i lived in the united states she would probably shoot me by accident.

and i live in canada, and cas would DEFINITELY open a case and investigate your parenting skills.

Only if she was in Kentucky. And they give all the kids guns there.
  • JonnyR214
    JonnyR214 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Mother of the year award clearly goes to that woman, who the hell buys their 5yo a gun wtf. this is sad
  • twinketta
    Options

If you have got a grievance then post your own topic!.

Do not try to diversify with religion!!!!
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options

If we ban cars, not more auto accidents. They kills a lot more than guns.
    [/quote

Not with children at the wheel???

So adults never have gun accidents?

The problem lies in the stupidity of the parent. While I don't personally condone the giving of a gun to a child, there is a difference between sitting down with a child and a NOT loaded gun and having a frank discussion about gun safety and handling. Or, handing a loaded gun to a kid and walking away. The difference is stupid parenting.

BTW, I don't own a gun, but I do educate my son about guns..... we play Black Ops 2 every night. He is an excellent sniper.
  • sissypunks
    sissypunks Posts: 92
    Options
    i started shooting muzzleloaders at about 4 or 5 and my girls all have guns from the 3 yr old to the 12 yr olds BUT they are locked up and only usable with correct supervision of course if u r going to give a child a gun u need to make sure it is with RESPONSIBLE ADULT SUPERVISION !!( One of my 12 yr olds got her first squirrel at 6 and can now kill them 99% of the time with 1 shot she is better than her dad :) ) My parents thought it was important then to learn to use a gun and i think it is important now but they're being taught the correct way to handle them .
  • suzieqsmart
    suzieqsmart Posts: 47
    Options
    I'm pretty anti-guns in my own world but I don't think it's fair to stereotype a region of the country, like people are saying "oh of course it's Kentucky"--accidents with kids and guns happen EVERYWHERE--it's not the geographic area, it's the parents. This situation seems to be an issue with parental supervision (lack thereof) and parental stupidity (loaded gun, even if it was a gift for the child, should NEVER have been left LOADED (unless he loaded it? which I didn't get the sense of from the articles I read) where he could access it without a parent present to supervise). However, to anyone who says they're going to teach their kids to shoot and/or they were taught to shoot guns themselves at a very young age--that's completely within your right, but my objection to that is that a 2 year old or even 5 year old doesn't truly understand the concept of death being permanent. I even know of older children who don't understand it. I don't think we should give a kid even supervised access to a lethal weapon until they understand that concept.

In any event, a really sad occurrence and what a horrible thing for a child to have to live with for the rest of his life.

Well said!
  • iamkass
    iamkass Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I think it's hard for people who aren't in areas where guns are very common to understand this. But frankly, if guns are a normal thing in your state or area I guess it does make more sense to teach kids to be responsible with them and safer if you also had one.

I do think that it is young though. You don't buy a car for a 2 year-old, why would you buy a gun? You can learn to be safe later in life. It's not like you stop learning anything new at the age of 5.

ETA: I personally don't ever think I'll need one, but if I move to an area where I am the only one without a gun.. you can bet that I'll learn to use one and I don't think I'll be at a disadvantage because I didn't get my gun when I was 5.
  • jamiemcdonald1
    Options
    I was also taught at a young the proper way to handle a gun and I am thankful I was! However, I never ever would have been left alone with one and I vividly remember my dad always checking to see if it was loaded before handing it to me and then helping me learn how to use it. It is sad that some parents don't have the brains to know this stuff :( Poor kids :(
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options

not all muslims are terrorists [i'm astounded at the racist analogy]
    but all guns can kill

Not all guns kill people. All people (muslims included) can kill
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    This is so ridiculous. Handing a 2-year old a gun?!?! What the actual F?! You people must be high off your a$$es. Thank God I'm not living in your country. There's never been a kid shooting another kid here, never been a school shooting. I guess maybe we're doing something right.

If somebody wants to do something evil, they'll find a way to do it. Banning guns isn't the way to stop evil people.
    But it would make it much more difficult for them...
    What a sad world we live in where parents think a 2 year old needs to know how to kill :(

Teaching the use of a gun at that age isnt about Killing way to jump off the "i go to extremes cliff"
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options

I love that you created this account just to type this racist comment. Very brave. An Internet warrior.
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    leaving this thread, i should have known better...when you give rednecks the internet...

These rednecks you speak of carry concealed and would save your a** if some idiot tried to harm you.
  • twinketta
    Options
    cricket-22-rifle.jpg

Only if she was in Kentucky. And they give all the kids guns there.

I think that picture is terribly wrong, unless the little girl is at a fun fair and shooting peanuts to win a soft toy?

In an ideal scenario her parents would be standing right beside her?
This discussion has been closed.