Easy Crockpot Recipes

Options

Replies

• htebaram
    htebaram Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Just put this in the pot...I hope the hamburger was to go in raw cause that's how I did it...I'm hoping for the best:flowerforyou:

Lazyman's Cabbage rolls.
  • Scoobees
    Scoobees Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Glad I found this thread! The weather has been so HOT :devil: lately that I pulled out the ole crockpot last week. Don't enjoy cooking all that much :tongue: so the 'one pot' meals are sooo wonderful! Meat, potatoes, veggies, etc - it's all in there! :drinker:

Jessica - Thanks for posting about that blog, I can't wait to check it out! :smile: I need ideas!

I made this the other day for hubs (he loves ham):

Country Scalloped Potatoes And Ham

8 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
    1 onion, chopped
    1 pound fully-cooked ham, cut into 1-inch cubes
    1 package (1 oz) country-style gravy mix
    1 can (10 1/2 oz) cream of mushroom soup
    2 cups water
    2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded

Combine potatoes, onion and ham in a lightly greased crockpot. Combine gravy mix, mushroom soup and water; whisk until combined. Pour gravy mixture over potatoes. Cover and cook on low 7-9 hours (High 3-4 hours). Top with cheese during the last 30 minutes of cooking.

*Note: To prevent darkening, toss sliced, uncooked potatoes in a mixture of 1 cup water and 1/2 tsp of cream of tartar; drain and proceed with recipe.

It was delicious! :drinker:

I am trying out a meatloaf and potatoes & carrots recipe right now. Will post if it's any good! :heart:
  • narna04
    narna04 Posts: 18
    Options
    Thanks for all the great recipes :wink:
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pfenixa
    pfenixa Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Yay, that 2 year old Christmas present won't go to waste! Thanks for all the recipes and links!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I want reviews from people if you've tried any of these!
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I own three different sizes of crock pots so I love finding recipes!

Today I have the following in my crock pot:

1 Beef Rump Roast
    8 small russet potatoes, quartered
    6 carrots, peeled and chopped
    1 cube Knorr beef bullion

Throw all in crock pot and add enough water to cover it all. Cook all day on low.
    Meat will be tender and juicy and basically fall apart, veggies will be tender. You can strain the liquid and use it as stock for other recipes too.
  • asteppaway
    asteppaway Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yum! Bump!:love:
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    My own pulled pork sandwich concoction:

1 pork tenderloin roast
    1 cube bullion (chicken or beef)
    water to cover

put all in crock pot. cook all day on low. remove meat from broth, shred with 2 forks, and then combine with some BBQ sauce of choice. (I use sweet baby rays). Serve on rolls or buns.
  • susandersons06
    Options
    Pork Roast Tenderloin
    Cover with Chicken Broth
    Add sliced Onions & Carrots
    Salt and Pepper to taste.
    Cook on low all day-the longer you cook it, the more tender it gets-falls apart

YUMMY!
  • naturebaby
    naturebaby Posts: 161
    Options
    :heart: :drinker:
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know where I can buy a new glass/plastic top for a crockpot? I want one now and don't want to wait to order one.

Thanks,

Jeannie
  • Caralyn
    Caralyn Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I've seen very inexpensive crock pots at thrift shops.
  • Caralyn
    Options
    What is "SAHM"?
  • Caralyn
    Options
    My brain just kicked in - "Stay At Home Mom"?
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    Yesterday I made Creamy italian chicken--6 ckn breasts, one envelope of italian dressing mix-- put in crockpot for 4 hours on high (I put in the frozen breasts) one hour before serving add a can of cream soup and 8 oz of cream cheese, I shred the chicken at this point. Serve over rice, potatoes or noodles. Yummy!

This sounds fantastic as does the Lazy Man cabbage rolls! Will be adding these to my "must try" list!
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I put in a port roast, sprinkle a packet of Lipton onion soup over the top, add a couple of inches of water or chicken broth around the edges and cook on low for 10 hours. 1/2 hour before it is done i throw a whole 4 oz can of diced Ortega chilies on top. I take it out of the crock pot and shred when it is done and drizzle some of the juice over the meat to keep it moist. We usually have it in warmed tortillas with shredded cheese, avocado, tomatoes, green onion and light sour cream. This is one of my favorites to serve for a crowd. I just put whatever fixings we are having in bowls buffet style. Everyone makes their own. It is delicious! The leftover pork makes delicious chili verde enchiladas!:flowerforyou:
  • greenteadaily
    Options
    I've been meaning to pull out my crockpot. I look forward to trying lots of these. Thanks!