5 things you have cut out!

Options

Replies

• weinbagel
    weinbagel Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Not a thing. I prefer moderation as opposed to cutting things out. I would fail a "diet" within a week if I had to cut some of the aforementioned items out of my diet.

I have the opposite issues, I always fail at moderation, I do much much better when I make particular foods off limits.

i can't do moderation either!
  • AmberLee2012
    AmberLee2012 Posts: 540
    Options
    Just soda :)

Same here :)
  • shellbatronic
    shellbatronic Posts: 193
    Options
    I try hard not to live in a world where I "can't" have something.. so the only thing I have truly cut out full stop is alcohol. And boy do I hate that, but I can't drink and get where I wanna go. Did I mention I hate that?
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    1) All processed food (such as soda, juices, hamburger helper and other pre-packaged junk)
    2) Fast food & eating out altogether
    3) Chips, cookies and other empty calorie items
    4) Fried food
    5) Cut WAY back on alcohol. I stop at 1 glass of wine, weekends only.
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! I just realise there are more people who said nothing!!! Thats inspiring too, in that case please share how do you guys still lose weight after eating all u like!

moderation
    portion size
    counting calories
    logging your food in MFP
  • jqh23
    jqh23 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    - cow's milk
    - excessive refined sugars in dessert items
    - butter
    - pop
    - 'white' starches
  • hockey7fan
    hockey7fan Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    diet Soda
    Bread
    Pasta
    Other carbs like cookies, cake, pie, brownies
    Ice cream
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Nothing really other than watching portion control. Basically I inverted my personal food pyramid to look more like the recommended one.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I've cut out...
    1. men who wear sparkling Ed Hardy shirts.
    2. men who wear 2 Polo shirts at once.
    3. men who wear their hats sideways.
    4. men who refuse to fish with me.
    5. bagels... until next week.
  • Peg_M
    Peg_M Posts: 34
    Options
    The main thing I have cut down on but not cut out completely is all you can eat buffets. When we do go I try really hard to stay within my calories, first getting a large salad and then some vegies .when I went to the desert bar I only took two bites of three of my favorites.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    My first thought was "Nothing!"

...but in the last month I have completely cut out one thing:

1 - Diet Soda

I know I can still have it whenever I want, but I feel so much better NOT drinking it, that I doubt I will. I've also cut back on processed foods and gone more toward the whole foods/eating clean approach. Noticed I said "cut back" because there are still some things I love too much to give up!
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Nothing in particular...BUT I have stopped eating any food that I find I don't thoroughly enjoy--for example, if the "old me" went to a restaurant or a party and had an item she didn't particularly like (a pie that was too sweet or tart; some BBQ that wasn't quite up to par, cold french fries) she used to continue eating it until she finished the item. Now if "New Me" gets an item I don't find delicious, I STOP EATING IMMEDIATELY and either send it back or trash it. I don't want to waste a single calorie on sub-par food or snacks.

This. I have been enjoying all my favorite foods in moderation....normally if I give things up I end up failing. Now tracking my calories closely makes me think before I endulge, don't want to waste any calories on sub-par food or beverages. Eat to enjoy my food, not just for the sake of eating.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I haven't completely cut out any food that I like, and those that I don't like weren't cut for weight loss.

There are foods I limit to occasional use only, but those are more for health than weight management.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I haven't cut out anything.

In fact, I eat more "junk" than I ever have.

It must be magic, or moderation, but I'll have an easier time convincing some people it's magic.

Or maybe it's the weights??
  • juliana0813
    juliana0813 Posts: 49
    Options
    I haven't completely cut things out, i just limit them! Instead of going to Mc Donalds and getting a big mac, large fries, and a coke, i'll only get the big mac, and maybe small fries if i have the calories for them and it fits into my macros! :-)
  • kzslucas
    kzslucas Posts: 6
    Options
    soda
    mocha latte (TRYING!!!)
    ice cream
    fries
    alcohol
  • nicolej1016
    nicolej1016 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Nothing for me, as well. Some things I never ate in the first place, like french fries, and everything else I just have in smaller portions, and less often.

This above.
  • mngal1_99
    mngal1_99 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    1.) Soda pop

2.) candy

3.) artificial sweetner

4.) bread

5. pasta

6.) rice......I could keep going and going.... But the things I have added are....vegtables, fruit, 100% Total nutrition cereal and yogurt....I have always eaten meat in moderation and very lean, so no changes there.
  • jpolinisse
    jpolinisse Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I've really not given up anything that I enjoy, I just have them in moderation.
  • shirldavis5
    Options
    I could not go a day without a tiny bit of something chocolate, I just make sure it's good and a little bit. I try to increase my workout to work it off.