5 things you have cut out!

Options

Replies

• MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Not a thing. I prefer moderation as opposed to cutting things out. I would fail a "diet" within a week if I had to cut some of the aforementioned items out of my diet.

Ditto.
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! I just realise there are more people who said nothing!!! Thats inspiring too, in that case please share how do you guys still lose weight after eating all u like!

moderation
    portion size
    counting calories
    logging your food in MFP

^^ This^^ Portions mostly, I try to always leave something on the plate, and it makes crazy difference. Eating 3/4 of a meal leaves me satisfied, but eliminates a lot of calories. I also upped my exercise from 2-3 days a week to 4 and incorporate strength training. Feeling my muscles makes me very aware of my body now, and gives me that will power to put the food down.
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I'm another "nothing" person. I haven't eaten fast food in ages, but that's more because it just doesn't appeal to me anymore than any conscious decision. Now that my body is used to healthier eating, it's cutting out things on its own. For example, I used to love to go to Lawrys in Chicago and bathe my prime rib in their whipped cream horseradish sauce. The other day, I made some of the sauce at home as a treat and was shocked to discover that it just seemed too darned rich.

I'd rather not have anything forbidden and instead work indulgences into my overall eating and exercise plan. That will sustain me for the long term. and it seems like the cravings for large amounts of unhealthy items are lessening on their own.
  • wannatangle
    wannatangle Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    nothing.........I don't eat as many sugar cookies but if I want one, I have it.
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I've cut down on alcohol, but I haven't completely eliminated anything.
  • iwantdesperately
    iwantdesperately Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Nothing!! I eat anything that I want in moderation, but I am making healthier food choices overall.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    NOTHING!!!!! But here are 5 things that I can still enjoy because I've learned to use moderation:

1 - ice cream
    2 - french fries
    3 - cookies
    4 - pizza
    5 - alcohol
  • jesskreg
    jesskreg Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Nothing. It's all about moderation. If I had to give up certain foods, I'd fail within a few days. I believe that it should be a lifestyle change, not a diet. Occassionally I crave things like chinese and mexican food. If I cut them out, I know I'd head straight to the restaurant and eat everything in sight! Instead make small changes like only eating these things occasionally, eating smaller portions and making smarter choices. It's possible to make healhier low-calorie choices while still indulging every once in a while.
  • joycehostetler
    Options
    I have cut out nothing also. I feel that if you limit your intake on certain foods you are used to eating, you will just crave them more. The biggest change I have made is cutting back on soda/pop to one serving per week (if we go out). If I happen to drink more (which I seldom do) I do not kick myself. I try to eat in moderation.
  • shirldavis5
    Options
    to say never eat bread again :(.
    I switched to a hi fiber bread or buns. 35 calories a slice 5 grams of fiber in 2 slices.
    I love mashed potatoes, but I make my own. add garlic to water, then mash them with low fat buttermilk.
    I love ranch, again I make my own, lowfat buttermilk, or sour cream or greek yogurt and envelope of ranch dressing.
    I love spaghetti--I bake a spaghetti squash instead.
    commercial spagetti sauce has added sugars, tomatoe sauce does not,add italian seasonings, garlic ,onion, shredded carrot to ofset acid of tomatoes. add lean ground beef, or turkey sausage or soy crumbles.
    I changed white rice to brown rice(make a bigger batch and freeze extra because ist takes longer to cook) turn it into a stir fry.

I love ice cream, i have a small scoop --1 ounce, I put 3 scoops in a bowl, top with fruit , skinny sundae :)

If you give up your favorite things you will feel deprived, figure out a way you can still enjoy them "make them better for you" good luck !
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    1) bad diet advice
    2) guilt over eating a cookie
    3) beating myself up if I have an off day
    4) thinking that being "skinny" is the best thing in the world
    5) starving myself
  • Stevo_89
    Stevo_89 Posts: 19
    Options
    Beer, crisps, chips, pizza, chocolate but I have a cheat day every now and then where I will eat/drink some.
  • elektradarling
    elektradarling Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I've cut out...
    1. men who wear sparkling Ed Hardy shirts.
    2. men who wear 2 Polo shirts at once.
    3. men who wear their hats sideways.
    4. men who refuse to fish with me.
    5. bagels... until next week.
    you forgot men who wear their trousers so low their butt hangs out lol!
  • dalildevil
    dalildevil Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Nothing yet, hopefully I can make it to goal and not have to cut anything. :ohwell:

I'm with you. I believe that I can still stay within my goals without having to cut anything out. I believe it is what has made it possible for me to lose all this weight. I don't feel deprived. I don't feel like I am on a diet if I can have what I want when I want it.
    :-)
  • MelJSlagle
    MelJSlagle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1. fast food french fries
    2. kraft mac and cheese
    3. white bread
    4. cream based soups
    5. fried foods (most)

Oh and I have lost 90 pounds and have kept if off for 3 years....
  • slovany
    slovany Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I cut out:

- Fries
    - Bread
    - Snacks

I eat everything else in moderation...and do not eat after 8 p.m.
  • mommylifter
    mommylifter Posts: 123
    Options
    Finishing my kid's snacks when they leave them laying around. My worst offense. 'Oh look, a whole cup of animal cookies, don't mind if I do!' Things like that. And cereal. I am a cereal addict.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I am learning to adapt to life without most Italian, Mexican or Chinese food

This statement makes me want to cry.

It is sad face inducing...I'm not sure how enjoyable life would be without chicken parm , carnitas, or kung pao chicken.
  • Stevo_89
    Stevo_89 Posts: 19
    Options
    Beer, crisps, chips, pizza, chocolate but I have a cheat day every now and then where I will eat/drink some.
    Oh yeah, and fizzy drinks. I only drink water now. (:
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    1. Overeating
    2. Soda
    3. Skipping meals
    4. Milk (and my stomach thanked me)
    5. Self loathing