I'm delighted to announce that my fiancée Yo Lazarov...

Options

Replies

• Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you both on the engagement and the results/victory!
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Yo is such an awesome woman!! She is so sweet!! You guys worked so hard. Just shows you that with motivation and determination you can achieve fitness goals!!

Congrats Yo & Matt (as well) =)
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Yep. I'm in denial.

I went from a very full D to yeah, IDK. I need to go bra shopping. My boyfriend says probably a B. It seems as though any of the body fat percentage I have been losing over the last few months lifting is coming from my boobs :(

I've been in denial until I put on one of my strapless bra from last summer, and literally....I looked like a 10 year old dressing up in my mother's clothes. I started moving from the denial phase to OMG I NEED IMPLANTS phase :sad:
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Yep. I'm in denial.

I went from a very full D to yeah, IDK. I need to go bra shopping. My boyfriend says probably a B. It seems as though any of the body fat percentage I have been losing over the last few months lifting is coming from my boobs :(

I've been in denial until I put on one of my strapless bra from last summer, and literally....I looked like a 10 year old dressing up in my mother's clothes. I started moving from the denial phase to OMG I NEED IMPLANTS phase :sad:

Look up Dana Linn Bailey. She is a pro body builder..she doesn't have implants and her body is amazing. I am thinking about getting some new boobies, but I don't know.. they might just get in the way =)
  • cynthiaj777
    Options
    Yep. I'm in denial.

Look up Dana Linn Bailey. She is a pro body builder..she doesn't have implants and her body is amazing. I am thinking about getting some new boobies, but I don't know.. they might just get in the way =)

Mine were already disgusting from gravity's horrible joke on me (and them). So, now that I have lost the fullness of them...oh boyyyyy. They are in DIRE need of help. DIREEE.

You and her look similar :)
  • caribear1984
    caribear1984 Posts: 203
    Options
    Congratulations Yo! You look fantastic. Great job coaching her, Matt. Way to support your lady.
  • mrsdean87
    mrsdean87 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Well done! God that must av taken sum hardwork n dedication x
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    I know the answer to this! its because the lights towards the stage are soo bright, that if the person was their natural lighter colour, the definition on the muscles would be seen alot less (so judged down since judges wouldnt get to see them!), so they plaster themselves in fake tan to counteract this.

^^this.

Same as TV and makeup.. Simply lights so everyone can see :o))

Implants came before she was bodybuilding, her personal preference.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Sorry if I missed it, but what was the time frame?

She looks awesome!!!

Since 29th October 2012 until 5th May 2013.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I didn't know women could do that In just 5 months! Amazing
  • brassballa
    brassballa Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Tell Her congrats she is amazing ....half of what she did she still could have been in the fit model category .....Awesome!!!!!!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    She looks incredible, fantastic work by both of you. I know you both put a ton of work into this and it's beyond paid off!

Could you post a photo of how she looks like a week or two out from this competition, so we can see her regular training look?
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Very impressed by the changes. I would not personally want that much definition...

I am sorry but this just didn't sit right with me. I see fat people post progress pictures in the success stories forums all the time. Sure they are less fat in their after pictures but still obese and all anyone ever says to them is "Great Work".

Here we have someone who in about 5 months of brutal discipline and hard work achieved a goal that most of us could never dream of and we have people posting stuff like "Congrats but I don't like it." or something like that. Just imagine if someone were to post "Nice work but you're still obese." That would not be considered acceptable.

Why is it ok to say thing like that to those on the other end of spectrum? I have been following Yo and Matt's story since they got it in their head to try and win one of these things with Yo being the one in the hot seat. I have been trying to follow the workout myself and my progress is literally nothing by comparison.

This isn't easy to do. It takes a lot of courage to get up on a stage in front of a lot of people with nothing more than your body to show for you hard work and no guarantee of winning. Yo was a champion before she even go on the stage. She deserved to be recognized for her accomplishment.

I see that this has evolved in to something of a rant but I am working on looking like Matt one day and if I pulled it off and someone told me "You look good but..." I would be a bit discouraged.
  • TT_luvs_fitness
    Options
    Amazing job and you look fantastic!!!
  • cynthiaj777
    Options
    Very impressed by the changes. I would not personally want that much definition but...

I am sorry but this just didn't sit right with me. I see fat people post progress pictures in the success stories forums all the time. Sure they are less fat in their after pictures but still obese and all anyone ever says to them is "Great Work".

Here we have someone who in about 5 months of brutal discipline and hard work achieved a goal that most of us could never dream of and we have people posting stuff like "Congrats but I don't like it." or something like that. Just imagine if someone were to post "Nice work but you're still obese." That would not be considered acceptable.

Why is it ok to say thing like that to those on the other end of spectrum? I have been following Yo and Matt's story since they got it in their head to try and win one of these things with Yo being the one in the hot seat. I have been trying to follow the workout myself and my progress is literally nothing by comparison.

This isn't easy to do. It takes a lot of courage to get up on a stage in front of a lot of people with nothing more than your body to show for you hard work and no guarantee of winning. Yo was a champion before she even go on the stage. She deserved to be recognized for her accomplishment.

I see that this has evolved in to something of a rant but I am working on looking like Matt one day and if I pulled it off and someone told me "You look good but..." I would be a bit discouraged.

I wasn't the originator of this post, but to be fair, WHEN I COMMENT on weight loss photos, I always say "great job, keep at it." I guess that does imply....good job, but keep working out because there's work to be done.

And you never know WHY the person said they don't want that definition....maybe it is because that much definition means they have too low a body fat percentage to get pregnant or it would require too much mental power and they lack the awesomeness to do it.....just because she said "I wouldn't want that much definition" does not mean she is saying something NEGATIVE about it....but rather it is simply not what she wants for HER body....and it could be for a variety of reasons.

I honestly wouldn't want that much muscle mass because 1. my boyfriend likes me just the way I am, 2. I would like to get pregnant in the near future once we are married. 3. I damn sure love food WAY too much to dedicate myself to doing it. 4. I would rather train for my hobby, which is OCR (and I just took first place female for the first time over the weekend).

The negativity comes from how someone TAKES a comment. There was no negativity overtly stated. Just sayin':flowerforyou:
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Very impressed by the changes. I would not personally want that much definition but...

I wasn't the originator of this post, but to be fair, WHEN I COMMENT on weight loss photos, I always say "great job, keep at it." I guess that does imply....good job, but keep working out because there's work to be done.

And you never know WHY the person said they don't want that definition....maybe it is because that much definition means they have too low a body fat percentage to get pregnant or it would require too much mental power and they lack the awesomeness to do it.....just because she said "I wouldn't want that much definition" does not mean she is saying something NEGATIVE about it....but rather it is simply not what she wants for HER body....and it could be for a variety of reasons.

I honestly wouldn't want that much muscle mass because 1. my boyfriend likes me just the way I am, 2. I would like to get pregnant in the near future once we are married. 3. I damn sure love food WAY too much to dedicate myself to doing it. 4. I would rather train for my hobby, which is OCR (and I just took first place female for the first time over the weekend).

The negativity comes from how someone TAKES a comment. There was no negativity overtly stated. Just sayin':flowerforyou:

Ok then there wasn't anything wrong with what I said in response you just took it wrong.

EDIT: Ok that was just a smart *kitten* response. I do get what you are saying. I am actually an advocate for people being thick skinned. I think that perhaps I just read it the way I have heard people say things in real life. For some reason there exists this negative connotation for people that really get invested in being physically fit. I have even heard people claim that being a body builder in unhealthy. Not sure how that one got started but I guess for this one time I was just hoping the MFP reactions would be as gracious as all the other success story responses are. Yo has done something amazing here and that statement doesn't need any qualifiers.
  • fit_grrrl
    fit_grrrl Posts: 32
    Options
    Incredible job and fantastic work by both of you.
    Been watching your Vlogs on Youtube so I know you both put in the hours, commitment and passion

Good luck for Vegas
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options

But what's the point of saying you don't like it for you. I'm sorry, but it is rather rude given the nature of the post. I mean Yo freakin' put in WORK and did an amazing job. My opinion (or anyone else's) on how she looks or whether I might want that look for myself is irrelevant to the fact that girl has mad game for the changes she made in 5 months. What she did is not an easy feat, and the point of this post is for her proud fiancé to brag on her accomplishment, not get in a discussion on her body type. I agree with Soldier that if in one of those "30 pounds down, 30 to go" threads that if anyone wrote something like, "Good for you, but I wouldn't want to be that fat." or in a thread where someone says they've hit their goal, "Oh, I'm glad you hit your goal, but I prefer a skinnier look." they'd get blasted all to hell for fat shaming.
  • jbuchwalter28
    Options
    Wow!! Very impressive!!
  • bjune5
    bjune5 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    She looks amazing! WTG.