Women and Men... Who would you approach?

Options

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    OK I see a lot of "I'll talk to anyones." That's a feel good answer. That's kind of getting away from the spirit of the original question. Sure, you might talk to anyone but you won't APPROACH just anyone. Let's put it this way. You're out somewhere, grocery store, gym, bar, wherever. You see someone across the room you want to talk to. What gets you to walk over? All I'm saying is, for women it is that the guy is super good looking. Men have a wider standard. As far as who you'll talk to or even go out with it might not be as narrow but women don't approach average/below average guys.

and all MANY of us are saying is NOT THE SUPER GOOD LOOKING ONES.

Yes, I am yelling.

If I were to approach anyone... it would be the average guy.

IT
    WOULD
    BE
    THE
    AVERAGE
    GUY

Hey gurl, how YOU doin?

I've already told you I think you're handsome. If you came up to me and struck up a convo... I'd totally stick around.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    OK I see a lot of "I'll talk to anyone." That's a feel good answer. That's kind of getting away from the spirit of the original question. Sure, you might talk to anyone but you won't APPROACH just anyone. Let's put it this way. You're out somewhere, grocery store, gym, bar, wherever. You see someone across the room you want to talk to. What gets you to walk over? All I'm saying is, for women is that the guy has to be super good looking. Men have a wider standard and are more flexible. As far as who you'll talk to or even go out with it might not be as narrow but women don't approach average/below average guys.

It's nice to have an excuse built in for why noone wants to talk to you that absolves you of all responsibility to...you know...be worth approaching to start a conversation.

Worth approaching? As in looks? That proves the point dude.

lol

You're the only one who believes what you're saying is true...
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    OK I see a lot of "I'll talk to anyones." That's a feel good answer. That's kind of getting away from the spirit of the original question. Sure, you might talk to anyone but you won't APPROACH just anyone. Let's put it this way. You're out somewhere, grocery store, gym, bar, wherever. You see someone across the room you want to talk to. What gets you to walk over? All I'm saying is, for women it is that the guy is super good looking. Men have a wider standard. As far as who you'll talk to or even go out with it might not be as narrow but women don't approach average/below average guys.

Yes, I am yelling.

IT
    WOULD
    BE
    THE
    AVERAGE
    GUY

Hey gurl, how YOU doin?

I've already told you I think you're handsome. If you came up to me and struck up a convo... I'd totally stick around.

That's just because you're Canadian, and they are too nice to NOT stick around..
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    OK I see a lot of "I'll talk to anyone." That's a feel good answer. That's kind of getting away from the spirit of the original question. Sure, you might talk to anyone but you won't APPROACH just anyone. Let's put it this way. You're out somewhere, grocery store, gym, bar, wherever. You see someone across the room you want to talk to. What gets you to walk over? All I'm saying is, for women is that the guy has to be super good looking. Men have a wider standard and are more flexible. As far as who you'll talk to or even go out with it might not be as narrow but women don't approach average/below average guys.

When he looks 1) confident, 2) good to me ( I have weird taste, I've been accused of liking "ugly guys") , and 3) if I can see a big bulge in his pants. Don't get me wrong I'm not narrow minded, I'm flexible, it doesn't matter what the bulge is it can be either his wallet or his appendage, but it must be big.

I mean, I'm already dating ugly arrogant guys right?... I gotta draw the line somewhere. They can't be broke too and with tiny cocktail sausages.
  • SteveMoto
    SteveMoto Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I like red0801's response.

Someone who looks like a model?
    Someone who is of average looks?
    Someone with less than average looks?
    Someone who smiles at you, regardless of their looks?

Really?

Given the right context, anyone who's overtly happy... or within 5 feet of me. To explain:
    I stopped being shy once I started feeling really good about myself. And I naturally like to share that. I can put myself out there and not worry about adverse reactions because I feel I have something of value to share. When I see someone else rocking that vibe it's like a bell goes off in my head and I get really interested in them. I've made a lot of really good friends this way. That being said, if I'm walking down the street in Manhattan and I see something weird or funny it's likely I'll say ,"Holy crap did you see that!" to whoever's nearest to me and we might have a brief dialogue about it and go on our way.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options

WRONG!

http://www.wfu.edu/news/release/2009.06.25.a.php

Men can generally agree on what they find attractive in a woman. Basically based on looks, measurements symmetry. Usually winds up being mathematical.

Now....what women find attractive about guys.....appears more randomized. There are certain factors that just cant be pinpointed at this point in time. Again, this study is based on looks alone. Perhaps if they would have shown these women the size of the mens bank accounts, then the outcome would be completely different.
  • Tatonka_usn
    Tatonka_usn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    If you were going to walk up to someone and strike up a conversation... who would you approach?

Please explain why.

Note: the end goal is not necessarily to get into their pants, but maybe start a dialog that could be the start of something.

Not sure I can really answer the OP based on the specific categories cited. In my case, connecting with someone is based on a certain "vibe" I get/don't get (and this doesn't necessarily mean in a sexual way). It's not really dependent on somone's appearance, but more on the individual/given set of circumstances. If there's that subtle connection, great.....if not, I won't waste either of our time. I make many acquaintenances, but only a small number of folks I consider "close"....that's the difference between "the vibe" and lack thereof.
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options

Yeah, the problem can't possibly be that your negative attitude and crappy generalizations of women make you unapproachable.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

Yes, I am yelling.

IT
    WOULD
    BE
    THE
    AVERAGE
    GUY

Hey gurl, how YOU doin?

Now I am entertaining the possibility of a girl just flat out walking away from me. :laugh:

Oh man, my butthurt would be pretty strong.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

Yes, I am yelling.

IT
    WOULD
    BE
    THE
    AVERAGE
    GUY

Hey gurl, how YOU doin?

That's just because you're Canadian, and they are too nice to NOT stick around..

Shut up Tyler!! It would be because I am handsome and entertaining!!!
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    no, I dont approach, im shy, and I prefer the guy is the one approaching.
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Options

Yes, I am yelling.

IT
    WOULD
    BE
    THE
    AVERAGE
    GUY

Hey gurl, how YOU doin?

^ THAT just made me laugh, but actually really true in my case =P

I'm super shy, although not as bad as before, and don't have a lot of self-confidence in my appearance. I find it really hard to talk with strangers in an arranged setting, let alone walk up to a guy on my own.

Definitely the more good looking the guy, the less likely I will have any courage to approach.
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I only cat call. "Hey baby, love them yoga pants! Would love to @#$#@%$%$"
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

Yes, I am yelling.

IT
    WOULD
    BE
    THE
    AVERAGE
    GUY

Hey gurl, how YOU doin?

Now I am entertaining the possibility of a girl just flat out walking away from me. :laugh:

Oh man, my butthurt would be pretty strong.

LMAO.. that TOTALLY came out wrong. (Lost point for social graces).
    That was my attempt at telling you I like ya, wheird.

I am usually on a mission... point a to point b, walking fast, head down... and no pausing in between. (partly why people don't approach me). So, sometimes someone will say hi, and I'll say hi back and then continue on.

That's what I meant by sticking around. I'd hang out and chat a while.
    :blushing:
    boy my foot tastes gud
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    For general purposes, I would approach the smiling person, because that one is giving me social cues that say they are friendly towards me. Otherwise, I would approach all others equally. HONESTLY, I'm looking for a positive interaction. Body language and behavior are WAY more important than physical appearance.

If that person who looks like a model is smiling and friendly, I'm in. If the model is giving off creeper or jerk vibes, I'm out. I'm not afraid of people based on their looks, ugly, average, or beautiful.

However, if I'm looking for a mate, I will be honest and say I will NOT be approaching the unattractive person. Sorry, but that's just part of nature. (And what's attractive to me may not be attractive to others.) And the average in looks person will need to be VERY attractive in terms of behavior. I prefer the attractive person. (Of course this is all things being equal except for looks - I won't be interested in an attractive A-hole.)
  • LibertyBelle89
    Options
    Personally.. I will talk to anyone who smiles at me. But I am much less likely to approach someone who is incredibly good looking.

I seem to have this inferiority complex in my head that makes me think that the incredibly good looking people wouldn't want to talk to me.

this is how i feel....if they are very good looking then i feel too intimidated to talk to them ususally...men, women its the same
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    If you were going to walk up to someone and strike up a conversation... who would you approach?

Please explain why.

Note: the end goal is not necessarily to get into their pants, but maybe start a dialog that could be the start of something.

I approach no one. I will talk to anyone who approaches me. I simply don't care to know anyone else or talk to anyone else from the gym. I try not to see anyone else around when I'm working out.

However, if someone approaches me, i'll talk to them. If she's too pretty, i will probably blush and run away to do cardio though.
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Someone who smiles at me...it shows they are open and willing to get to know me back.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    ohhhhh... I don't know. My recent boyfriends have approached me. Obviously I like dark hair and eyes. :)

7491171464_55149efe3e_n.jpg

6951359662_d9d242aaf2_n.jpg

and no...his hair doesn't normally look like that, I put it all into tiny braids while he was sleeping. lol
    First is a skateboarder, second pic is a guitar/mandolin/dobro/whatever player. Slackers..
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options

Its not your looks preventing you from being approached, it's this ^ crappy attitude. Most people can sense this immediately and it is a huge turn off.

But you are not going to listen, so this is how people are feeling trying to explain it to you.

DOPqg6H.gif