40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• deltagirlz
    deltagirlz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I did yoga three times over th weekend it was tough holding up all this weight but I didn't quit. Fit by 46 is my goal. I have 7 months to go
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Good morning Cool Kids! Had a great weekend with my grandson! Did make it to the gym on Saturday before his arrival and had a good work out.

My work out today was mostly weights as I had an early morning meeting and needed to cut my time at the gym.

Have a great day all!
  • worldtrekker1
    Options
    Hi Cool Kids - I too am over 40 with a goal of maintaining fitness over the next few decades

I am trying to lose a few pounds prior to my holiday in a couple months as I anticipate relaxing my routine and indulging a bit. My main goal, however, is to encourage/be encouraged by others who have to work at it. Especially on those days when I am in the middle of a strenuous workout after eating only healthy nutrient containing things and daydreaming about laying on a chaise lounge by a tropical ocean drinking pina coladas and eating cheese snacks.
  • helpers1
    helpers1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Been a few days since I checked in, but I had a PHENOMENAL weigh-in on Friday - I lost 7 lbs!!!! That took my total to 31 lbs lost in 11 weeks. Woot!!

I had a bad weigh in the week before, so I was super-concentrated on what I ate - and it paid off. HALLELUJAH!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Beeps, so nice to finally have that nice weather isn't it? We got some warm temps over the weekend -not 24C, but much warmer than it has been. Did do a short run outside Saturday morning, but I was still struggling. Haven't been able to run since - busy Sunday & Monday. Today doesn't look any better. Will try and get a walk in before I have to be back at work this evening.

helpers - congrats on the weight loss!! that is huge in one week! you must have felt the pounds melting away. :happy:

deltagirl - good job getting your yoga done. It is NOT easy, so huge kudos to you!!::flowerforyou:
  • newbeg1ning
    newbeg1ning Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Morning Cool Kids!

Been MIA for a few days, enjoying mom & dad's visit - who btw are thrilled with my weight loss :)

Had a fantastic weight in today lost another 3lbs (yeah me), was starting to worry 'cause I upped my calories and nothing was happening was getting ready to go back to 1200, all is good though :)

Hope y'all have a good rest of the day. I have a stressful week ahead, some college kid rear ended me this morning on the way to drop my daughter off to school, everyone OK my brand new car is messed up :(
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Hi All! Had to do some biometric testing for work today (check blood sugar, cholesterol, BP, weight and all of that jazz) and found that I lost another 2.6lbs! Yeah!

It was a Jake day today, so I will be walking tonight!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,001 Member
    Options
    welcome to the new-comers to the 40+ club! Hope you post here again....

Hi sdereski!

Hi newbeg!

Hi Kelly!
  • KBGAgent
    KBGAgent Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Tonight is Weights, Yoga, and then Taebo. My *kitten* is gonna be a dragon.
  • jpulse24
    jpulse24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all - cool club. :) Am 45, mother of 5, wanna-be runner (actually, not really - rather be soccer player/volleyball player, but the knees quit - so running it is), work full time outside the home and am new to MFP. I am impressed with the bunch of you and wanna be just like you!

My workout buddy is in jolly old england, visiting family. she's usually my motivator. today's plan is to leave work early and hit the pavement prior to getting back to the wonderful chaos that is my home life. not sure about the rest of you, but if I don't get my workout done before the end of the work day it just isn't happening. by the time we get done the latest sport, dinner, homework and bedtime for the kids..... I am DONE! :)

nice job to all of you working towards your goals!!! keep it up!
  • worldtrekker1
    Options
    Good morning! I am envious of your coming summer as we are heading toward winter in the southern part of the world. I have to keep motivated to move over the winter - even when my bed is warm and toasty and calls to me.

Welcome jpulse! I too run (sort of) - it is an efficient exercise, and nothing works for my body better - but truthfully I would rather be skiing or surfing or hiking or...lots of other things. Low distance running has been good to me (10-15 miles/week).

My husband taught boxfit last night with lots of squats and core work - had a great workout. I do enjoy punching stuff. Nice tension release:wink:
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Walked last night and this morning. The weather has been so nice here this week. A little rain for later this week, but I guess you can't have bright sunshine everyday! I am looking forward to the gym tomorrow as I don't have to be into work until 11:00 so I should be able to get a good work out in!

Great to see all of the new people that have joined! Welcome.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Great job getting that walking in-and-done, Kelly!

Today, I lift!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Hello all!

No workout for me again! ugh!! I need to get back on track - FAST!
    Haven't even had time to eat much, which has been my saving grace (was actually down 2lbs this morning) but, not a healthy way to lose the pounds.
    The weather has been so lovely, I really want to get outside and do something.

Great job getting your walk in Kelly! :drinker:
    Beeps - you are doing SO well!! You look fabulous BTW. Great bod - your hard work is paying off!:flowerforyou:
    Welcome jpulse :happy:
    worldtrekker - our winter has been sooo long. I am thrilled to bits about the warm weather we are currenlty having. Sure hope this is what summer is going to be like! :happy:
    KGB - those are some tough workouts you got planned! Your *kitten* is gonna be dragon, but not for long - it'll tighten right up if you keep those workouts up. :wink:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    holy smokes, sdereski - YES, YOU NEED TO GET BACK ON TRACK! What's going on that you're so distracted?? You have ALWAYS been so "uber-focused"??

I just spent 90 MINUTES at the gym. THAT IS WAY TOO LONG! Ugh. Glad the fibonacci pyramids are behind me...i move into Venus pyramids on Monday and, if they are stretching to 90 minutes, forget it....I'll have to drop a circuit or something.

NO WAY.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I'm going to Disneyland and I am not tracking anything.

That is all.

Choclate covered banana on a stick and fair type food, here I come!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    tonight I get to review, by skype (???), the proofs of the family photographs we took, oh, 8 weeks ago, as a present to celebrate my parents 50th wedding anniversary.

The whole damn family was there!

I've heard the proofs are "good", but not "great". Still, I'm VERY excited to see them!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Finally got outside and did something. Started out as a run (saw a big black bear out there today) and ended up walking. My running partner was having a rough day, so we finished off walking. It was a beautiful day and we ran/walked for 90 minutes. :happy:

Beeps - work has been so crazy busy and I have had to stay late the past couple of days, but am finally starting to see the light again.
    Bet those pictures are going to be beautiful. That is exciting!
    Great workout as well. I know when I was doing the NROL4W, I found the circuits took a long time.

Chael - enjoy Disney. Chocolate covered banana on a stick? :laugh: Never heard of it, but is does sound good.
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Oh! There we all are. :-)

40+ here (though don't tell my brain - it will just stick it's fingers in it's ears and make loud noises). Unfortunately the body is quite aware. I have arthritis in my neck and degenerative disc issues from top to bottom (I also have a slightly curved spine). The neck is new, and it's a pain - literally! I've had some nerve issues so I'm on something called Gabapentin. They've just upped my dose majorly and it makes me sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*Snort* Oh! Oops, yeah, sleepy. Definitely sleepy.

That said, today has been a pretty decent day. I'm just starting out on my path to overall wellness. Today I did 10 mins of walking at 3.5mph to warm up, then some chest and back strength training (about 20 minutes) then back on the elliptical for another 15 to close it down.

Gotta say, I definitely prefer my Tae Bo to the elliptical. Kicks my BUTT, but I don't get bored. Running is not for me. I have zero interest in it, and really haven't ever except maybe when I was under the age of 7.

I've got a long way to go yet, but I'm totally committed this time round and not just in a race, but a full on lifestyle change that I want to keep for the next 40+ years.

Pleased to meet you,

Bailey
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Gosh, I LOVE my 40's....wonder why everyone is so TERRIFIED to be "over 40"....not me. Never me.

TRX tonight!

sdereski - a BLACK BEAR?? Eeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk...