Triumphantly Dirty (Non-Clean) Eaters

Options

Replies

• SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I do not eat clean. I drink alcohol, eat ice cream and gelato regularly, and even (gasp) fast food sometimes.

Here's how I've changed eating dirty and lifting heavy:

RP55VQa.jpg?1

You rock
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    61 lbs all dirty baby!
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    44 years old, eat what I want, TDEE - 20%, 63 pounds down, over 30 inches. Check out my diary: pizza, chocolate - among other things, make a regular appearance. Hell - I eat chocolate every day.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    If you look at my profile pic you can see I have done pretty well so far not eating clean.... I changed my eating habits, and still drink at least once a week, have that occassional fast food run, and have pizza or cake if I want. It's all about moderation and knowing your limits.

My biggest problem was skipping meals... like a days worth! My metabolism is still screwy from this (I have done it for years) but is getting better!
  • twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    i don't eat clean and i do weight lifting and i'm seeing normal gains, i try and eat some veggies and keep my food ok but if i feel the need to bump up my calories in a day i'll eat half a pack of biscuits and milk :)
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely NOT a clean eater by any stretch of the imagination, and I've lost 52 pounds since January 1.

Let's try this pic...

1atdc.jpg
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I dislike the term of clean eating. I like to eat lots of veggies and chicken but if I want pizza I eat it or pasta. I eat smaller portions pick my foods with consideration of what my day will be like. I have lost 18 since I started but 30 total. I eat and I am happy. 80% of my food is very good and about 20% is what ever. Life is too short to never eat a slice of white bread, I just make it very tasty white bread!
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I wash my vegetables before I put them in a salad.........does that count??? :tongue: Ok in all seriousness - I try to eat healthy period. I don't always accomplish it.....I am a well known carb and sugar junkie that I try to keep hidden but she comes out at times. However - you can lose weight and you can be fit and healthy and not eat totally "clean". Just do the best you can to stay in your calorie range and move.......that's what it's about. If you eat a frozen food item it is NOT going to kill you. Best of luck to you!!!!!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want within my macros. And 2 days a week I don't worry about my macros as much and eat what I want within a certain calorie requirement. Moderation in everything.

I eat a stable diet that includes some fast food from time to time, pizza and ice cream and beer.
    I lift heavy 4x a week.
    I do some cardio but don't use cardio machines at the gym at all.

My photos are all on my profile.
  • navydentalchic
    navydentalchic Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • LauraThirty
    LauraThirty Posts: 74
    Options
    This is really good to see. I tried clean eating for so long and every time I just fell off the wagon because it was so restrictive and I just enjoy food way too much to stick to only clean. That's not to say I eat loads of junk but if my friends and I go to the coffee shop I want to eat some cake! There are only so many times I can deny myself that pleasure. Or joining in with my family eating pizza and drinking beer on a Friday - with two girls at home although I want to set a good example, I don't think it is helpful to see mum being so restrictive and not just chilling out sometimes. (my personal parenting opinion)

Being able to eat what I like IIFYM and there is a calorie deficit is a complete revelation to me.
  • abadmum
    abadmum Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    i'm not really sure what all this clean eating is about to be honest.. I don't eat my food off the floor, i do wash my plates and i haven't had any dirty chicken (KFC) since last year..

but i do eat normal food, cooked and uncooked, washed and unwashed, not so much processed as i just dont like what they put in it these days..
  • Rak0ribz
    Rak0ribz Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I've done pretty well on my weight loss eating normal food - I cut out fried stuff, but otherwise didn't really have to make many concessions.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    "Dirty" woman checking in.

I am eating a lot healthier now than I did 2 years ago, but I still eat those "dirty" "evil" "naughty" foods like potatoes, pasta, rice, pizza, cupcakes, Tim Horton's, Burger King, Mary Brown's, chocolates, candy bars, chips, etc.. Nothing wrong with ANY of that food. It keeps me from getting stabby.

I have face progress pics in my profile, but no full body shots. I'm not comfy showing myself in my undies to the world.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    IIFYM 80/20 all the way
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    For the person who commented that most of the stories are from the relatively young, I'm 45. I eat dirty. I hate, hate, hate vegetables. Don't eat them. I surpassed my weight loss goal and have been maintaining for months now. I eat Poptarts. I eat out 2x a week. Occasionally I eat fast food. It's all about portion control for me. If I go strict clean eating, I will fall off the wagon within 10 minutes. I love food. I want to eat food. All the time. I've curbed the "all the time" impulse but am not about to give up my favorite foods.

I appreciate people who eat clean. What I don't appreciate is when they shove their eating clean philosophy down my throat proclaiming it's the only way to lose weight.

I'm proof that you can eat dirty, lose weight and maintain.
  • IlyanaRose
    IlyanaRose Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I eat fairly well during the week, averaging 1100-1250 calories a day, and I do light exercise. But I do have a few treats at the weekend, to keep me sane! I've only been dieting for 2 weeks so I can't say if it's working for me yet, but I am nearly 2lbs down, with only 11lbs more to lose to get to GW.

I tend not to eat treats during the week as I know I'll have to sacrifice the calories in one of my meals, but at the weekend I don't really track, so I might have a pizza or a few glasses of wine.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure exactly what the definition of clean and dirty is any more. I eat " muddy".
    Usually I have whole grains and lean protein but I also eat cheddar cheese, ice cream, some variation of fried potatoes and chocolate regularly.

I'm like that girl who appears to be all clean and innocent on the outside, with some dirty little secrets;)
  • MudRunLvr
    MudRunLvr Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I EAT CRAP!!

Fast food and carbs and soda and gluten... I don't touch vegetables unless it's on a dare. I eat chicken parm and pizza and burgers and ice cream.

I've lost 83lbs.

Come at me lettuce eaters!
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I don't use labels like "dirty" or "clean", I just like food in general!
    I have lost almost 2 stone since January. (28lbs to those not in the know!)
    I'm a 30 year old mum of 2, and I eat everything going, never deny myself anything, perhaps with the exception of a THIRD SLICE of chocolate cake lol!
    Food is never dirty to me, but I do require that food is tasty, filling, protein rich and preferably homemade (but if you look through my diary you'll see I'm not exactly strict on that!)

Food is not the enemy!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!