How would you plan a 5000 calorie cheat day?

Options

Replies

• ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    given her previous post history, she has an unhealthy relationship with food and readily acknowledges that she carb binges (eating a box of cereal at a time mindlessly) and does crazy amounts of cardio to not gain weight. not sure how a 5000 cal day is gonna help things.

I LOVE IT, SOMEBODY WHO DID HER RESEARCH. I STAND BY MY "EATING DISORDER" COMMENT 1000% NOW!!!

AND TO YOUR FAN CLUB, rtalencar85,
    ... SUX TO BE RIGHT!

You know if you stand behind something 1000% you're actually standing in front of it, right?

Did you do any (research, that is)?

Because I did: http://www.helpguide.org/mental/eating_disorder_self_help.htm

And I thought you were leaving, not so much?
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options

I was bored because I'm waiting on my code to compile so I came up with a meal plan that could be done at home to hit 5000 calories. It ended up being two meals and dessert, and you can check my diary to see the breakdown:

4 pancakes with maple syrup, 9 oz steak and eggs with cheese

Goat cheese stuffed bacon burger with lettuce and tomato on a kaiser roll

1 pint of B&J choc chip cookie dough ice cream

Final break down: 5012 kcals, 341 carbs, 263 fat, 272 protein

Awesome! What's for lunch and dinner?!
  • chanel1twenty
    chanel1twenty Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Damn, you people are mean. So much for us all supporting one another.
    Just answer OP's question to the best of your knowledge and happily continue bout your day. Geesh.

Don't eat too much fiber or protein because these things are very filling and will not keep your appetite going. The best way to get hungry is to workout, so I recommend you do quite a bit of that on this day.

Most pro athletes eat upwards of 5,000 calories or so a day, so I recommend you research on how and what these superhumans eat and steal some of what they do. Michael Phelps is a great one.

Do keep in mind that you must must must plan for the following day. If you plan on going right back to 1,300 calories or whatever the day after, well, good luck, sister. You will have stretched out your stomach and shocked your body quite a bit. Therefore, if you do just drop back to 1,300 cals, you'll practically feel like you're starving. Say you do your 5,000 on a Monday. On Tuesday, you should eat at minimum 2,500 (preferably 3,000-3,500), then less Wednesday, less Thursday, etc., etc., until you get back to your regular intake.

Good luck and enjoy your day of eating yummy, nasty, terrible food! Lol :p
    -Chanel
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I was bored because I'm waiting on my code to compile so I came up with a meal plan that could be done at home to hit 5000 calories. It ended up being two meals and dessert, and you can check my diary to see the breakdown:

That makes me hungry.

Seriously! My mouth is watering.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    And how does her being 100 pounds change things?

LOL at all of the people judging the 100 pound OP so harshly for her decision to plan to eat more food on one day.

Seriously, sit back and think that one all the way through. (Ironically funny, no?)

Back to OP: Good luck in your quest to do what you want to do. I predict you may be slightly miserable for at least a few hours as a substantial change in eating habits all at once has a tendency to cause some temporary problems. That said, you may be someone for whom this causes no problems at all. Whatever you decide to do and how you decide to do it, please give us an update on the experience.

And my more specific advice on what I would eat depends entirely on the reason for doing it.
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    There is no way I would eat that many calories in a day. I might not even eat that much in 3 days.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    given her previous post history, she has an unhealthy relationship with food and readily acknowledges that she carb binges (eating a box of cereal at a time mindlessly) and does crazy amounts of cardio to not gain weight. not sure how a 5000 cal day is gonna help things.

I LOVE IT, SOMEBODY WHO DID HER RESEARCH. I STAND BY MY "EATING DISORDER" COMMENT 1000% NOW!!!

... SUX TO BE RIGHT!

::raises eyebrow:: So you are going with: "Na na in your face!" Immature much? What are you, 5? I thought I was supposed to be the one with the cubby...

Even though you are not her psychologist and have no medical backing to your accusations, you still assume you are right. He didn't say he was right, he was merely saying eating disorder was not the only answer.

Even if she does have some sort of eating disorder, you think calling her DISGUSTING for eating those calories is going to help matters? Oh yes, eating all those calories is DISGUSTING and I'm totally judging you, that'll help.

If you truly thought the OP had an eating disorder, then you could have written a supportive post regarding the need to seek medical attention instead of judging and calling her DISGUSTING. If she did have an eating disorder, that would just feed into her warped perceptions about feeling guilty about eating. Great approach there.

OR maybe she is recovering from her previous warped thoughts about food and decided to try a high cal plan with a certain workout regimen. However, by calling her DISGUSTING you just caused her to relapse back into thinking it is bad to eat. Way to go.

Lots of scenarios here. Either way, your comments aren't helpful. So just go away like you originally said you were going to posts ago, OR kindly support the OP into getting help if you honestly think she is troubled. Pick one.
  • tenintwenty
    tenintwenty Posts: 92
    Options
    Entire chocolate cake. Done.
  • DietitianAprilDawn
    Options
    I wouldn't! That's like a pound and a half!!! (3500 calories is a pound)
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I'm always amused by the self righteous "I couldn't possibly eat that" crowd. It's like they've found religion for the first time and are now trying to convince everyone else of the truth in their cause. We only know what the OP has told us. Either have fun figuring out what you would eat or move along. The claims of "oh, I couldn't possibly" are ludicrous. She might have an ED but I'm not here to diagnose her. Besides, if you're here to lose weight, then I'm pretty sure you've eaten over 5000 calories in a day at least a few times in your life.

I have hit 5000 calories so often I couldn't tell you the number of times I've done it. And that's AFTER I started tracking.

And OP, for me if would be something along the lines of the following:

Breakfast - pancakes, syrup, bacon, sausage, eggs.

Lunch - beer, ribeye steak, veggies, loaded potato, and ice cream.

Snack - beer

Dinner - wine, caesar salad, prime rib, french fries, and cheese cake.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options

... SUX TO BE RIGHT!

The fact that you may be right in this one case does not mean that what rtalencar85 said was invalid. In and of itself, someone wanting to eat 5000 cals in a day does NOT automatically mean they have an eating disorder. Though some people who eat that much in one day may have a disorder, others would not. How you could assume that from the OP's post here is beyond me. It only came to light because someone felt compelled to check her out.

And I have chosen to be on MFP with no friends added, so I am not a member of the rtlanecar85 fan club. Just so you know.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I am only on page 7 but I am also petite and could EASILY eat 5k. I have I think on my highest here, eaten 3k on a weekend day. It is totally possible.
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Besides, if you're here to lose weight, then I'm pretty sure you've eaten over 5000 calories in a day at least a few times in your life.

This statement is not true for everyone.

Stating that I couldn't eat that much in one day is not an insult to the OP. It is just a fact and I wouldn't know how to tell someone how to eat that many calories in one day.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Full disclosure: I am a member of the rtalencar85 fan club...

...because the guy has a solid record of making well-reasoned, valid points.

This thread is no exception.

ETA: Here is how I recently enjoyed my own >5000 calorie day: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/jofjltncb6?date=2013-03-16
  • jodigirl03
    jodigirl03 Posts: 111
    Options

... SUX TO BE RIGHT!

The fact that you may be right in this one case does not mean that what rtalencar85 said was invalid. In and of itself, someone wanting to eat 5000 cals in a day does NOT automatically mean they have an eating disorder. Though some people who eat that much in one day may have a disorder, others would not. How you could assume that from the OP's post here is beyond me. It only came to light because someone felt compelled to check her out.

And I have chosen to be on MFP with no friends added, so I am not a member of the rtlanecar85 fan club. Just so you know.

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU JUST SAID. I TOTALLY AGREE WIH EVERYTHING HE SAID WHILE TRYING TO MAKE HIS POINT.
    AGAIN, (4TH TIME HERE), I WAS TALKING TO AND ABOUT THE ORIGINAL POSTER!!!!!!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I'm always amused by the self righteous "I couldn't possibly eat that" crowd. It's like they've found religion for the first time and are now trying to convince everyone else of the truth in their cause. We only know what the OP has told us. Either have fun figuring out what you would eat or move along. The claims of "oh, I couldn't possibly" are ludicrous. She might have an ED but I'm not here to diagnose her. Besides, if you're here to lose weight, then I'm pretty sure you've eaten over 5000 calories in a day at least a few times in your life.

I have hit 5000 calories so often I couldn't tell you the number of times I've done it. And that's AFTER I started tracking.

And OP, for me if would be something along the lines of the following:

Breakfast - pancakes, syrup, bacon, sausage, eggs.

Lunch - beer, ribeye steak, veggies, loaded potato, and ice cream.

Snack - beer

Dinner - wine, caesar salad, prime rib, french fries, and cheese cake.

I read that meal plan and now I want to hump your leg . . .
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Even if I tried I couldn't eat 5k calories in a day. You people are ****ed up. XD

Are you serious? I could totally have a 5k cal meal.....forget day.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Besides, if you're here to lose weight, then I'm pretty sure you've eaten over 5000 calories in a day at least a few times in your life.

This statement is not true for everyone.

Stating that I couldn't eat that much in one day is not an insult to the OP. It is just a fact and I wouldn't know how to tell someone how to eat that many calories in one day.

I know better. I've seen too many people on MFP and IRL making claims about how little they eat and doing a laughable job at counting calories. I'm not here to argue, but I am very amused at the level of denial I'm seeing in this thread.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Full disclosure: I am a member of the rtalencar85 fan club...

...because the guy has a solid record of making well-reasoned, valid points.

This thread is no exception.

I wasn't his friend before a few minutes ago, but i did appreciate his posts.

and I just put my first person on ignore! never thought I would.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

I had to take a fantasy break in between each line item . . . . nom, nom, nom.