How would you plan a 5000 calorie cheat day?

Options

Replies

• Ripcode
    Ripcode Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I could knock down 5000 calories in (1) meal. :D
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I'm always amused by the self righteous "I couldn't possibly eat that" crowd. It's like they've found religion for the first time and are now trying to convince everyone else of the truth in their cause. We only know what the OP has told us. Either have fun figuring out what you would eat or move along. The claims of "oh, I couldn't possibly" are ludicrous. She might have an ED but I'm not here to diagnose her. Besides, if you're here to lose weight, then I'm pretty sure you've eaten over 5000 calories in a day at least a few times in your life.

I have hit 5000 calories so often I couldn't tell you the number of times I've done it. And that's AFTER I started tracking.

And OP, for me if would be something along the lines of the following:

Breakfast - pancakes, syrup, bacon, sausage, eggs.

Lunch - beer, ribeye steak, veggies, loaded potato, and ice cream.

Snack - beer

Dinner - wine, caesar salad, prime rib, french fries, and cheese cake.

I read that meal plan and now I want to hump your leg . . .

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • BeckH888
    BeckH888 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Pizza Pizza and more Pizza:tongue:
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I took a look at the OP's diary and just about went into a diabetic coma from the sugar content.

I am more concerned about this than about the calorie goal. All that sugar day after day after day CAN'T be good for a person.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I was bored because I'm waiting on my code to compile so I came up with a meal plan that could be done at home to hit 5000 calories. It ended up being two meals and dessert, and you can check my diary to see the breakdown:

4 pancakes with maple syrup, 9 oz steak and eggs with cheese

Goat cheese stuffed bacon burger with lettuce and tomato on a kaiser roll

1 pint of B&J choc chip cookie dough ice cream

Final break down: 5012 kcals, 341 carbs, 263 fat, 272 protein

I had to take a fantasy break in between each line item . . . . nom, nom, nom.

i know...i am still drooling.

I think I ate around 4000 cals on Christmas, and prob at least 3000 the day after with left overs, YUM.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    given her previous post history, she has an unhealthy relationship with food and readily acknowledges that she carb binges (eating a box of cereal at a time mindlessly) and does crazy amounts of cardio to not gain weight. not sure how a 5000 cal day is gonna help things.

I LOVE IT, SOMEBODY WHO DID HER RESEARCH. I STAND BY MY "EATING DISORDER" COMMENT 1000% NOW!!!

AND TO YOUR FAN CLUB, rtalencar85,
    ... SUX TO BE RIGHT!

::raises eyebrow:: So you are going with: "Na na in your face!" Immature much? What are you, 5? I thought I was supposed to be the one with the cubby...

Even though you are not her psychologist and have no medical backing to your accusations, you still assume you are right. He didn't say he was right, he was merely saying eating disorder was not the only answer.

Even if she does have some sort of eating disorder, you think calling her DISGUSTING for eating those calories is going to help matters? Oh yes, eating all those calories is DISGUSTING and I'm totally judging you, that'll help.

If you truly thought the OP had an eating disorder, then you could have written a supportive post regarding the need to seek medical attention instead of judging and calling her DISGUSTING. If she did have an eating disorder, that would just feed into her warped perceptions about feeling guilty about eating. Great approach there.

OR maybe she is recovering from her previous warped thoughts about food and decided to try a high cal plan with a certain workout regimen. However, by calling her DISGUSTING you just caused her to relapse back into thinking it is bad to eat. Way to go.

Lots of scenarios here. Either way, your comments aren't helpful. So just go away like you originally said you were going to posts ago, OR kindly support the OP into getting help if you honestly think she is troubled. Pick one.
    I called the whole large pizza, cinnamon bread, buffalo wings .... MEAL plan "disgusting." Go reread b4 you start your $h!t!
    And while you are REREADING, notice in the SAME comment I merely said "hmmm, maybe I am leaning towards a 'binge/eating disorder' because someone said it before me. In fact lots of someone's said it before me. I agreed to comments that had already been made.

You wanna go all day all night? You won't "WIN" anything. Be careful what you say, you may be eating them words later. ;)

It does not matter if you called other people disgusting for eating 5,000 cals/certain meals, or the OP. If she truly has an eating disorder as you think, she could internalize that. All she will see is people talking about those cals, or those foods, or that meal choice, as DISGUSTING. So I stand by the fact that I think your comments were not being helpful to the OP, if she in fact does have an eating disorder.

Even if she doesn't have an eating disorder, those comments were still rude. Period.

Oh and so it is okay for you to say the OP has an eating disorder because "other people said it first"? You really are 5.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Crazy! That's a huge intake and to do it healthy you would be in a food coma lol.

If it were me doing it I would end up with a lot of calorie dense foods and would be having a good amount of alcoholic drinks added to the mix.

Although my breakfast of eggs and topped toast is about 800-900 calories so I guess you could do that 5 times in a day :laugh:

2 eggs dry fried (no butter, margarine, pam or any kind of fat) + Ancient Grain toast with 1 tbsp of wowbutter (nut free peanut butter), 1 tbsp cherry jam and 1/2 a banana on each slice.

Have fun with your crazy cheat day lol.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Full disclosure: I am a member of the rtalencar85 fan club...

...because the guy has a solid record of making well-reasoned, valid points.

This thread is no exception.

I wasn't his friend before a few minutes ago, but i did appreciate his posts.

and I just put my first person on ignore! never thought I would.

I will keep a look out for his posts as I keep floatin' around MFP. My non-fan club comment was directed at the gal, hope no offense was taken. :flowerforyou:
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options
    There would be no way I would do a 5K day as a "planned cheat day". I would feel disgusting, bloated and sick.

My only suggestion for you is that if you're going to eat so much, eat good food. Stuffing yourself full of crappy, cheap fast food seems like a waste when you could eat all those calories of delicious food that is also good for you.

Wouldn't be a cheat day then...

Just lots of healthy food.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I took a look at the OP's diary and just about went into a diabetic coma from the sugar content.

I am more concerned about this than about the calorie goal. All that sugar day after day after day CAN'T be good for a person.

The UK GDA is 90g so it's not that much over that, really.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    This was maybe 5k? That was an hr and half or so

IMG_20130309_125934.jpg

Pina colada donuts

IMG_20130309_125941.jpg

Grillades, grits n' greens (Creole smothered short rib steaks with spicy tomato sauce, two eggs and creamy grits)

IMG_20130309_131329.jpg

Banana cream pie french toast (banana custard, fresh banana, nilla wafers, salted caramel)

IMG_20130309_131337.jpg

Banana sticky toffee pudding (lime, banana tuile, salted cashew ice cream)

IMG_20130309_132814.jpg

Pear and almond tart

IMG_20130309_132805.jpg

Fresh mozz and sopressata sandwich

249dff54-e781-4a39-9a15-72b96702d609.jpg
  • Crankstr
    Options
    Hi Acg, glad you stopped by.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

Pina colada donuts

Grillades, grits n' greens (Creole smothered short rib steaks with spicy tomato sauce, two eggs and creamy grits)

Banana cream pie french toast (banana custard, fresh banana, nilla wafers, salted caramel)

Pear and almond tart

I love and hate you all at the same time.
  • Crankstr
    Options

Pina colada donuts

Pear and almond tart

I love and hate you all at the same time.

right?
  • seths_milf
    seths_milf Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My body would go into shock and I'd probably die if I attempted to eat that many calories. :sick:
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    given her previous post history, she has an unhealthy relationship with food and readily acknowledges that she carb binges (eating a box of cereal at a time mindlessly) and does crazy amounts of cardio to not gain weight. not sure how a 5000 cal day is gonna help things.

I LOVE IT, SOMEBODY WHO DID HER RESEARCH. I STAND BY MY "EATING DISORDER" COMMENT 1000% NOW!!!

AND TO YOUR FAN CLUB, rtalencar85,
    ... SUX TO BE RIGHT!

::raises eyebrow:: So you are going with: "Na na in your face!" Immature much? What are you, 5? I thought I was supposed to be the one with the cubby...

Even though you are not her psychologist and have no medical backing to your accusations, you still assume you are right. He didn't say he was right, he was merely saying eating disorder was not the only answer.

Even if she does have some sort of eating disorder, you think calling her DISGUSTING for eating those calories is going to help matters? Oh yes, eating all those calories is DISGUSTING and I'm totally judging you, that'll help.

If you truly thought the OP had an eating disorder, then you could have written a supportive post regarding the need to seek medical attention instead of judging and calling her DISGUSTING. If she did have an eating disorder, that would just feed into her warped perceptions about feeling guilty about eating. Great approach there.

OR maybe she is recovering from her previous warped thoughts about food and decided to try a high cal plan with a certain workout regimen. However, by calling her DISGUSTING you just caused her to relapse back into thinking it is bad to eat. Way to go.

Lots of scenarios here. Either way, your comments aren't helpful. So just go away like you originally said you were going to posts ago, OR kindly support the OP into getting help if you honestly think she is troubled. Pick one.
    I called the whole large pizza, cinnamon bread, buffalo wings .... MEAL plan "disgusting." Go reread b4 you start your $h!t!
    And while you are REREADING, notice in the SAME comment I merely said "hmmm, maybe I am leaning towards a 'binge/eating disorder' because someone said it before me. In fact lots of someone's said it before me. I agreed to comments that had already been made.

You wanna go all day all night? You won't "WIN" anything. Be careful what you say, you may be eating them words later. ;)

It does not matter if you called other people disgusting for eating 5,000 cals/certain meals, or the OP. If she truly has an eating disorder as you think, she could internalize that. All she will see is people talking about those cals, or those foods, or that meal choice, as DISGUSTING. So I stand by the fact that I think your comments were not being helpful to the OP, if she in fact does have an eating disorder.

Even if she doesn't have an eating disorder, those comments were still rude. Period.

Oh and so it is okay for you to say the OP has an eating disorder because "other people said it first"? You really are 5.

I DIDN'T CALL A PERSON DISGUSTING. GET IT STRAIGHT! I CALLED A MEAL DISGUSTING.
    BYE BYE -
    YOU ARE SO ANNOYING!
    LATER!

Still rude and judgmental.

You were supposed to have gone bye bye a long time ago. When are you going to fulfill that promise?
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

The UK GDA is 90g so it's not that much over that, really.

The USA GDA is 6 tsp for women, 9 tsp for men. 6 x 4.2 = 25.2 g. Not sure why the UK is so much higher. There are 4.2 grams of sugar in one teaspoon. Therefore, 100 g of sugar is equivalent to eating approximately 50 teaspoons. Yeah, I find that horrifying.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    For me that's binge behavior and I've worked very hard to avoid binge behavior. So I would not plan a day that looked like that.

However, not judging your plan. So going along with the idea, I'd definitely include waffles with real butter and syrup for breakfast, somewhere in there would have to be some chili cheese fries, and cupcakes. Definitely some cupcakes in there! LOL

If you can do a 5000 calorie cheat day in a way that's healthy and not binge behavior, enjoy!
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'd just skip it and eat normally.
  • nf1982
    nf1982 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Beer. Naked. All day long. And then a burger and whiskey before bed lol

YES!!!! HAHAHA