What If Celebs Were Actually Full-Figured? (PICS)

Options

Replies

• sugarandspice27
    sugarandspice27 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Edit because I'm an idiot.
  • terrinae89
    terrinae89 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Eh I'd still hit it.

Yes!!! lmao
  • ashleycball
    ashleycball Posts: 23
    Options
    Katy is stunning at any size and would be a great role model. If i coul dbe that shapely i wouldn't even diet lol I have NOOO curves lol
  • alexisdc
    alexisdc Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    hahah funny I can see having fun with something like this.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Exactly my thoughts. Marilyn Monroe was full figured, the retouch of these ladies... not so much.

This makes no sense. She was an hourglass with a 22" waist. In other words, tiny. I'm not sure what "full" could possibly mean.

Exactly. "Full figured" isn't just being otherwise slender with big boobs and a butt. It means that your ENTIRE FIGURE is full. But that's just how I see it.

I didn't respond or comment further about this because you asked me not to, saying it would start a war. I think it's funny how you now post your own thoughts on it.
  • sugarandspice27
    Options
    Exactly my thoughts. Marilyn Monroe was full figured, the retouch of these ladies... not so much.

This makes no sense. She was an hourglass with a 22" waist. In other words, tiny. I'm not sure what "full" could possibly mean.

Exactly. "Full figured" isn't just being otherwise slender with big boobs and a butt. It means that your ENTIRE FIGURE is full. But that's just how I see it.

I didn't respond or comment further about this because you asked me not to, saying it would start a war. I think it's funny how you now post your own thoughts on it.
    [/quote

Well, no one listened to me anyway, so it continued.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't consider that "Full Figured", maybe obese.
    ^^^^
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

Definitely a matter of how you define a word and how it has been changed over time. I doubt anyone fifty years ago would have called any of those pictures 'full figured'. I guess I see full figured as hourglass, its original meaning, not fat.

I'm one of those people that dislikes how words get corroded over time and that we use such nice sounding descriptors for things like obese. Calling myself full figured when I was clinically obese wouldn't have done me any favors.

Full figured, I'm taking it back! When I get there anyway since I still consider myself too covered in adipose tissue to give myself that label.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I've stumbled upon this whole sub-genre of art called "Weight Gain Morphs" where people photoshop celebrities and morph them to become larger or full figured (and sometimes just fat). Here are a few. I think a few of these look pretty good, tbh. THESE ARE NOT MINE. I DID NOT CREATE THEM.

Beyonce:

2z9gu3k.jpg

Katy Perry:

v7eblc.jpg

Scarlett:

1q3keq.jpg

32zkfpl.jpg

33dbb75.jpg
    Yippe Skippy Awesome! :tongue:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I like full figured, personally.
  • sugarandspice27
    Options

Definitely a matter of how you define a word and how it has been changed over time. I doubt anyone fifty years ago would have called any of those pictures 'full figured'. I guess I see full figured as hourglass, its original meaning, not fat.

I'm one of those people that dislikes how words get corroded over time and that we use such nice sounding descriptors for things like obese. Calling myself full figured when I was clinically obese wouldn't have done me any favors.

Full figured, I'm taking it back! When I get there anyway since I still consider myself too covered in adipose tissue to give myself that label.

Seriously, it's just a word. Who gives a crap? Calling yourself "full-figured" "fat" or "obese" doesn't make any difference in who and what you actually are. It's interesting that you see someone that is "obese" that calls themselves "full-figured" as not doing themselves "any favors". What do you mean? Should they loathe themselves and be forced to call themselves dehumanizing clinical terms like "obese"? They don't deserve to be called anything that is remotely friendly or kind towards their body?
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Seriously, it's just a word. Who gives a crap? Calling yourself "full-figured" "fat" or "obese" doesn't make any difference in who and what you actually are. It's interesting that you see someone that is "obese" that calls themselves "full-figured" as not doing themselves "any favors". What do you mean? Should they loathe themselves and be forced to call themselves dehumanizing clinical terms like "obese"? They don't deserve to be called anything that is remotely friendly or kind towards their body?

So come up with a synonym that sounds nicer than obese. Full figured isn't an honest description of an obese person. Saying that isn't mean or critical. If someone I never met described themselves as full figured or curvy, I would assume they have a full bust, full hips. You can be athletic and full figured or curvy and you can be obese and full figured or curvy. Maybe I'm distorting the word as much as the rest of the world does, but to me, those describe shape. I don't care what anyone calls themselves but if someone is obese and referring to themselves as curvy, they're probably using the word as a security blanket b/c they don't feel comfortable addressing their size. I'm curvy/full figured. Right now I'm also overweight. Four years ago I was thin and curvy/full figured. Hopefully this time next year, I'll be athletic and full figured/curvy. I dunno. I think it's silly how using words like obese is considered body shaming.
  • brower47
    Options

Whoa. How can you say "Who gives a crap?" and then follow it up with a diatribe that very much tells me you give a crap.

They shouldn't loathe themselves. I didn't when I was obese and never did my post in any way indicate that anyone should. Please don't put words in my mouth.

The word obese is not dehumanizing, just accurate. Please do not get so upset by a post that was not meant to be cruel in any way. Life is too short and those stress hormones your body releases when you get angry can have negative effects on your health if you experience them too often.
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    o·bese
    [ ō bss ]

1] overweight: extremely or unhealthily fat or overweight
    2] clinically overweight: having a body weight more than 20 percent greater than recommended for the relevant height and thus at risk from several serious illnesses, including diabetes and heart disease

Synonyms: fat, overweight, heavy, stout, plump, large, corpulent, chunky
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Funny, all but the Tron girl are celebs known for being full figured (by Hollywood standard).
  • beelanc
    beelanc Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Im OBESE, CURVY, FULL FIGURED, FAT...and Hella sexxay!! The only difference is that OBESE is what my doctor would call me. Doesnt change all the others. :)
  • sugarandspice27
    Options
    ugh...
  • BeinAwesome247
    BeinAwesome247 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't consider that "Full Figured", maybe obese.
    ^This

And Dani, your stomach is dayum sexy.

I would like to second this!
  • sugarandspice27
    Options
    While you may view this word as just a technical, clinical word, it's perceived as quite offensive by many. Perhaps you are ignorant to this fact, or if you're not currently "obese" it's difficult to understand just how awful that word actually is. Please allow me to enlighten you with a quote from a friend:

PandaPudges: "There is not a single word in the world, when relating to body image, that pisses me off more than 'obese'. Obese, to me, is being "so big you cannot move without some form of motorized transport." So big you can barely stand anymore and even then it's a nasty, nasty word. I do not see yours or my own body type in my head when I hear that horrible word. We are curvy, we are luscious, we are voluptuous... we sure as *&@( aren't obese.... Excuse my swears O.o"

Perhaps a bit of sensitivity is on order when flinging around such phrases, especially if you yourself are not overweight or obese. I would compare it to calling a black person "colored". Is this technically a true statement? Yes, a black person has more pigmentation and therefore, possesses more color than a lighter skinned person. Is it still completely offensive and inappropriate? Certainly.
  • brower47
    Options
    While you may view this word as just a technical, clinical word, it's perceived as quite offensive by many. Perhaps you are ignorant to this fact, or if you're not currently "obese" it's difficult to understand just how awful that word actually is. Please allow me to enlighten you with a quote from a friend:

PandaPudges: "There is not a single word in the world, when relating to body image, that pisses me off more than 'obese'. Obese, to me, is being "so big you cannot move without some form of motorized transport." So big you can barely stand anymore and even then it's a nasty, nasty word. I do not see yours or my own body type in my head when I hear that horrible word. We are curvy, we are luscious, we are voluptuous... we sure as *&@( aren't obese.... Excuse my swears O.o"

Perhaps a bit of sensitivity is on order when flinging around such phrases, especially if you yourself are not overweight or obese.

perception =/= reality

198 lbs on a 5'4" frame is obese. That was me but maybe I'm just thicker skinned that others.

On a side note, I got miffed when I told my brother that I was obese and he tried to tell me that I wasn't. According to him, "I looked fine and didn't need to change a thing." :noway: