What If Celebs Were Actually Full-Figured? (PICS)

Options

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    ... And with this, I bow out...

Good timing, OP. :laugh:
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    While you may view this word as just a technical, clinical word, it's perceived as quite offensive by many. Perhaps you are ignorant to this fact, or if you're not currently "obese" it's difficult to understand just how awful that word actually is. Please allow me to enlighten you with a quote from a friend:

PandaPudges: "There is not a single word in the world, when relating to body image, that pisses me off more than 'obese'. Obese, to me, is being "so big you cannot move without some form of motorized transport." So big you can barely stand anymore and even then it's a nasty, nasty word. I do not see yours or my own body type in my head when I hear that horrible word. We are curvy, we are luscious, we are voluptuous... we sure as *&@( aren't obese.... Excuse my swears O.o"

Perhaps a bit of sensitivity is on order when flinging around such phrases, especially if you yourself are not overweight or obese. I would compare it to calling a black person "colored". Is this technically a true statement? Yes, a black person has more pigmentation and therefore, possesses more color than a lighter skinned person. Is it still completely offensive and inappropriate? Certainly.
    I'll see your hypersensitivity over a clinical term that is only deemed negative if *you* choose to perceive it that way, and I'll raise you a dose of "quit finding ways to be offended by everything."

I was morbidly obese. Not just obese, but deathly so. When my doctor very plainly looked me in the eye and threw the term "morbidly obese" at me, I didn't gasp in offense, nor did I sob in the corner over being called something "nasty" and "horrible."

I was not curvy. I was not voluptuous. I was fat. Morbidly obese. And I had ZERO issue conceding that fact. It's a word. A clinical term. Does a diabetic throw a fit when you call them a diabetic? Does a person with anemia flip out when you call them anemic? No. So why on Earth do obese people throw a fit when they're called obese? Would you rather be called fat? Would you rather be called a sack of lard? I mean honestly, stop nitpicking and finding ways to be offended. If you're so utterly offended by the word "obese," perhaps you should look inward and figure out why a clinical term with no prejudice would offend you so much.

And for the love of God, obese =/= curvy or voluptuous. Let's stop trying to hide behind flowery descriptions in an effort to cover up the truth. Good lord.

Oh, and did you REALLY just make the leap of declaring that calling someone obese is akin to calling a black person "colored?" Again, obese is a clinical term with no negative connotations attached. Colored is a term that minorities were called during a time of segregation, oppression, and prejudice. Get over yourself.

*APPLAUSE* :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Dana as OBESE:

image_zps32653281.jpg

Dana as CURVY, VOLUPTUOUS, FULL-FIGURED, etc.:

image_zpsfe9f91a1.jpg

Big difference.
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Also wanted to point out that the term "BBW" is used a little too loosely sometimes. To qualify one must be both Big and Beautiful... one who who is simply big does not necessarily meet the criteria.

Ehhh...I wouldnt go that far. Have you seen some of those BBW models on Fetlife? Hmph. What about the BBW model on Taboo? I've seen some really successful gals that weren't exactly Katy Perry with thunder thighs...
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I've stumbled upon this whole sub-genre of art called "Weight Gain Morphs" where people photoshop celebrities and morph them to become larger or full figured (and sometimes just fat).

Why no pictures of men? Can men be full figured too? Why not? Some of those Sumo wrestlers have a lot of curves on them.

I just don't want to discriminate.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options

You're comparing calling someone a retard to calling someone obese? A little off base, don't you think?

Also, the proper term is mentally challenged, but I'm sure you already know that.

is it? I thought "Developmentally disabled" was the current acceptable nomenclature

In Canada it's Mentally Challenged. It may vary Country to Country.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    PandaPudges: "There is not a single word in the world, when relating to body image, that pisses me off more than 'obese'. Obese, o me, is being "so big you cannot move without some form of motorized transport." So big you can barely stand anymore and even then it's a nasty, nasty word. I do not see yours or my own body type in my head when I hear that horrible word. We are curvy, we are luscious, we are voluptuous... we sure as *&@( aren't obese.... Excuse my swears O.o"

That state is more like morbid obesity.

Obese has a very precise medical definition, and I was obese when I was 5'10" 215. I still could walk just fine. And since I gain weight evenly all around, so I didn't have a huge gut, I just looked fluffy. 46" chest, 38" waist... at the same height. Put me in a decent suit and I look normal, even.

That said, I've only ever applied the term to myself, because surely I realize that people have emotional, negative reactions to it. Those emotional reactions, like moss in the shade, will eventually grow onto any word, no matter what arrangement of letters it is.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    why is everyone looking up weird fetishes and posting them on here?

Why.gif
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

I know right?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRR29ZZh1cAtwemAUVW6SirwU60kvS-1ruaLhHtgDdz8_zfFijiLQ
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options

Dana as OBESE:

image_zps32653281.jpg

image_zpsfe9f91a1.jpg

Big difference.

:love:
  • MudRunLvr
    MudRunLvr Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    You know what's funny? They use the term "obese" because "fat" is considered too cruel. Even though it's the most accurate description. An overabundance of fat on the body. But they decided to use obese to soften the blow.

Now you think that should be changed.

Tell you what, instead of saying someone is obese we can say they are SingleGreatestPersonInTheWorld.

Won't take a pound off you. Won't make you feel any better about yourself. Won't help your heart or joints or arteries. And eventually people will take issue with being called SingleGreatestPersonInTheWorld because you wanna know the real secret?

It's not the word you hate. It's what it describes. The word has nothing to do with it.

It's fat. Don't like it? Get it off your body and stop fooling yourself with terms and labels.

(someone help me off this soapbox, my legs are killing me from running)
  • HardcoreP0rk
    Options
    why is everyone looking up weird fetishes and posting them on here?

Why.gif

What if we arent?
  • HardcoreP0rk
    Options
    You know what's funny? They use the term "obese" because "fat" is considered too cruel. Even though it's the most accurate description. An overabundance of fat on the body. But they decided to use obese to soften the blow.

To call obese people "fat" is unfair to fat. Seriously.

Let's be real. Fat is delicious.
  • sugarandspice27
    sugarandspice27 Posts: 521 Member
    Options

I know right?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRR29ZZh1cAtwemAUVW6SirwU60kvS-1ruaLhHtgDdz8_zfFijiLQ

I'm not running, this is just not the direction I had intended this thread to go and I'm choosing to step away from this. There's no point in continuing an argument about it and it really has no meaning in reality. It will not change my life if you think I'm obese, morbidly obese, curvy or full figured. None of this actually matters.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    full figured?? that's WAY more than what I would call full figured. I call Jordan Sparks full figured. What you've done to them is made them obese.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

Dana as OBESE:

image_zps32653281.jpg

image_zpsfe9f91a1.jpg

Big difference.

Winner winner chicken dinner! You look great, btw!
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I think that's just fat out flat, not full-figured. Scarlet looks hilarious though...
  • vidasana87
    vidasana87 Posts: 75
    Options
    Thank you for being a realist.
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    How about we switch the word obese for round? That's what my 6y.o. says after my "round" aunt and "round" mother lectured her about how it's not nice to tell people they're fat :huh:

Last year I gained back weight - not much but enough - spawn says to me: "mom, you're looking less straight and more round"

Would round be more acceptable?
    My daughter (she was 4 at the time) came into the bathroom after I had gotten out of the shower (I was wearing a bra and boyshorts), put her hands on my belly, giggled it, and said "mommy, I love your fat belly."

Another day, she had a capri sun drink. After she finished it, she blew it up and said "look, I made it fat like mommy."

It was cute. I laughed. But I told her it wasn't appropriate to walk around and tell people that they were fat, even if they were.

Now, my neighbor (she hates me for several disputes that have involved the police, many of which ended in citations for her), calls me a fat *kitten* every time she sees me. Honestly, I think she might be bigger than me. But I never say anything. I know I'm living rent free inside her head, and that gives me enough pleasure.

But, to agree with previous posters, those "after" pictures are not full figured.
  • ellenasl210
    ellenasl210 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    o·bese
    [ ō bss ]

1] overweight: extremely or unhealthily fat or overweight
    2] clinically overweight: having a body weight more than 20 percent greater than recommended for the relevant height and thus at risk from several serious illnesses, including diabetes and heart disease

Synonyms: fat, overweight, heavy, stout, plump, large, corpulent, chunky

Thank you.
  • MudRunLvr
    MudRunLvr Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of trolls on MFP. A good thing to do is to make a topic to bait them, and have it all go to crap, the mods will come in and clean it up and get rid of the trolls. Eventually if done enough, the trolls will be striked out and MFP would be a proactive place, how it should be.

Nice of you to lay out your plan of baiting and snitching. I'm sure MFP will be a wonderful place once everyone listens to only you, right?

:noway: