Please, Please, Please no more "diet" threads

Options

Replies

• volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    My Daily diet:

Breakfast: Half a bottle of raspberry ketones, 1 tbs of slimfast and sprinkled with visalus powder.

Snack: 1 liter of Wulong/green tea mixed with master cleanse (fat burning teas!!!!)

Lunch: HCG shot, followed by acai berry pills, and a hollywood cookie diet cookie (Learned this one from snookie)

Snack: 1 lean cuisine frozen meal (still frozen, heating food makes the calories more absorbable) sprinkled with MIralax for good digestion.

Dinner: 1 bowl of cabbage soup mixed with powdered hydroxycut.

Do you really have the nerve to suggest this is unhealthy?

totally unhealthy ..

You only have five meals.

Everyone knows to avoid starvation mode you need 24 meals spaced out at exact one hour intervals...

u guys..............
  • ndbex
    ndbex Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Well since it is a fitness/calorie counter site, the diet threads are inevitable. Also, this sites search tool is pretty useless. I think for the majority of people who are starting these threads (ill give them the benefit of the doubt) are actually using the search feature to no avail and just posting a topic so they can get answers.

However, leading them to right group and right information usually clears up these threads rather quickly. So allow the people who do have the patience to answer these peoples diet questions to answer them effectively and carry on with your day.

THIS!

It's a fitness/weight loss site. Therefore you will have DIET QUESTIONS. With all the threads going on here, I find it amazing that any of you have the time to go through each one and express your disgust with how this person or that person chooses to approach weight loss. GET OVER YOURSELF. Log off, go outside and get some fresh air. I promise the site and the threads will continue just fine in your absence.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    The problem is too that sometimes the "snake oil" salesmen are so darn convincing. If you listen to someone like Dr. Oz (and he is not the only one but probably the most recognizable currently) he appears so serious, so earnest, so excited about whatever it is he is pushing. It can make you stop and think, well maybe there is something to it. And then our desire for a quick fix, or at least some help to speed things along, kicks in. It took me a long time to learn to do it the right way that works for me and although I never fell much for the fads (I will admit to the pineapple diet) I started and stopped more lower calorie diets (particularly Weight Watchers) than I can count.

I refuse to try another fad diet until they come up with the McDonalds for breakfast, pizza for lunch, and ice cream forever guaranteed to put me a goal weight within 30 days system.

I am SO all over that.
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Well since it is a fitness/calorie counter site, the diet threads are inevitable. Also, this sites search tool is pretty useless. I think for the majority of people who are starting these threads (ill give them the benefit of the doubt) are actually using the search feature to no avail and just posting a topic so they can get answers.

However, leading them to right group and right information usually clears up these threads rather quickly. So allow the people who do have the patience to answer these peoples diet questions to answer them effectively and carry on with your day.

THIS!

It's a fitness/weight loss site. Therefore you will have DIET QUESTIONS. With all the threads going on here, I find it amazing that any of you have the time to go through each one and express your disgust with how this person or that person chooses to approach weight loss. GET OVER YOURSELF. Log off, go outside and get some fresh air. I promise the site and the threads will continue just fine in your absence.

Why is everyone so defensive?

So many hangry people...they must've not had their daily dose of coffee bean extract-it makes you more irritable if you miss a day.

In all seriousness, lighten up a bit and get that fresh air for yourself, hm?

Also, OP thank you for your suggestion! I'm going to take my raspberry ketone dosage and have one pill every hour instead! Definitely avoiding starvation mode now
  • meadow_sage
    meadow_sage Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I swear if I read one more topic that says fast metabolism diet, virgin diet, cabbage diet, chicken diet, thermo nuclear pills, rules for skinny, jumpstart skinny or whatever the hell the latest fad is, I swear I am going to scream and start doing horrible things....well maybe it is not that bad, but whatever happened to just eating in a 500 al deficit and working out/moving more?

You then try and tell these people that instead of lining some fools pocket you already have access to a free site in MFP, yet they are still trying to find something else? then they all say well "did you read the book?" I am not going to spend 24.99 on some book just so I can justify that what they are proposing is crap. I guarantee if I read any of these diets they will all start with "now make sure that you eat six small meals space out over the course of the day, because we all know that helps speed up metabolism and avoid the dreaded 'starvation mode'...ughhhhhhhh

What do you all think?

All right feel free to comment/fire away peeps....and I look forward to hilarious replies that make me laugh out loud....

I understand exactly what you mean....but this is a fitness site and you are going to get that crap no matter what. Expect it and ignore it. As for the six meals per day....actually, there are a lot of benefits from doing this. I am a diabetic and it is important to keep your blood sugar levels as even as possible....plus if you are really big eating smaller meals helps to get used to eating smaller meals. I don't know about the starvation mode thing because as long as you are eating on a regular basis I can't see how or why your body will go into starvation mode but it should it definitely helps in other ways. But young people that don't have any health issues shouldn't and are eating fairly healthy and getting exercise probably don't need to worry about such things.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I've been eating clean.. It was hard at first because I found it hard to choke down my apple with dawn dish soap (lemon is the best) but I have lost alot of weight and my innards are pretty clean and my toots smell fresh

That's awful...

everyone knows the orange is best.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    It's kind of funny after awhile. I feel bad for people who really think that fad "diets" are the way to go...
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I've been eating clean.. It was hard at first because I found it hard to choke down my apple with dawn dish soap (lemon is the best) but I have lost alot of weight and my innards are pretty clean and my toots smell fresh

bro, just throw it in the laundry that is what I do with all food ...spin cycle and then eat mmmmm clean food

Liquid Draino, sure it will clean you out but it will leave you feeling hollow inside.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options

THIS!

So many hangry people...they must've not had their daily dose of coffee bean extract-it makes you more irritable if you miss a day.

Also, OP thank you for your suggestion! I'm going to take my raspberry ketone dosage and have one pill every hour instead! Definitely avoiding starvation mode now

I don't think anyone is defensive except you. You are the one that needs to lighten up with your coffee comment. We are basically saying that posting a thread on the subject you are complaining about is the same thing as posting about that subject.

Mocking the people who are new to the site and do not know their way around is not the answer is this situation though.
  • ggxx100
    Options

THIS!

I don't think anyone is defensive except you. You are the one that needs to lighten up with your coffee comment. We are basically saying that posting a thread on the subject you are complaining about is the same thing as posting about that subject.

Mocking the people who are new to the site and do not know their way around is not the answer is this situation though.

It was all said in good humor, no defensiveness here.

Now, calling a light-hearted statement a mockery is quite defensive.

Also, assuming people who are new to the site are the ones perpetrating the 'diet threads" is also quite unnecessary.
  • mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    If your friend is really using laxatives as a weight-loss tool, I hope you'll intervene. This is one that isn't funny. A friend of mine became addicted to laxatives--it's a form of bulimia--and eventually it takes more and more of them to work and the digestive system stops being able to eliminate on its own. She now lives without laxatives but her system never really got back to normal and she suffers with it. Can't take laxatives because it's like alcoholism...one little bit sets them off. Laxative addiction also can cause elctrolyte imbalances and thus sudden heart problems. I know interfering in others' eating is generally a bad, bad idea, but laxative addiction is worse.
  • ShmareParks
    ShmareParks Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Because I read this entire thread, I win the prize. The prize is I get to be the first to say something like the following, with a straight face:

Logging all my calories, staying within my limits, and exercising

is not the same at all as:

Logging all my calories, staying within my limits, exercising, and drinking a sh*tload of green tea.

Sorry, it's just not. I lose twice as fast on green tea.

*ducks and runs away screaming*
  • matt2442
    Options

THIS!

Also, assuming people who are new to the site are the ones perpetrating the 'diet threads" is also quite unnecessary.

I guarantee that if you were to go into all these new fad diet/cleanse threads you will find that the people that MAKE those threads are pretty new to the site and have not been here very long. Most of the time THAT fad that they heard is why they joined this site so they ask about it. There is a difference between the people perpetrating the threads and those starting them.
  • Rho_Ro
    Rho_Ro Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • ggxx100
    Options

THIS!

I guarantee that if you were to go into all these new fad diet/cleanse threads you will find that the people that MAKE those threads are pretty new to the site and have not been here very long. Most of the time THAT fad that they heard is why they joined this site so they ask about it. There is a difference between the people perpetrating the threads and those starting them.

Are you aware of the definition of perpetrate?
    1: to bring about or carry out (as a crime or deception) : commit
    2: to produce, perform, or execute (something likened to a crime) <perpetrate a pun>

How in the world is "starting" something different from "bringing about" or producing something?

I just must be completely inept at the english language, as well as the mastery of figuring out the subgroups of MFP that perpetrate (not produce, mind you) certain types of threads.
  • singha99
    singha99 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I laughed so hard at the suggested diets that I had to go pee. Now I have a totally new Ab workout and diet plan :bigsmile:
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I read, right here on these forums, this very afternoon...... That sipping baby unicorn tears first thing in the morning is the ONLY way to make the pounds go away. Has anybody here tried the Baby Unicorn Tear diet?
    \

no, but I have had massive success on the "unicorn piss" diet....nasty but effective...

Unicorn antler spray will bulk you up like a beast too ....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Where do i sign up!?
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    youre absolutely wrong about the six small meals. It's only if you don't eat breakfast will your metabolism will slow...

I'm pretty its if you eat after 8pm!
  • matt2442
    Options

THIS!

Are you aware of the definition of perpetrate?
    1: to bring about or carry out (as a crime or deception) : commit
    2: to produce, perform, or execute (something likened to a crime) <perpetrate a pun>

How in the world is "starting" something different from "bringing about" or producing something?

I just must be completely inept at the english language, as well as the mastery of figuring out the subgroups of MFP that perpetrate (not produce, mind you) certain types of threads.

Hmm you know that is really funny? When I look up perpetuate I see "to continue" and "to prolong the existence of"...starting the thread is the original post, the rest of the posts are continuing on the conversation about that certain type of fad diet the original post said.

You MUST be completely inept at the English language because I don't know how we have gone from simply stating that someone will answer people's questions to grade 9 English class.