• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    About 5-6 most nights; sometimes 7-ish.
  • MissDevin
    MissDevin Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I get about 4 hours, on and off.
    I've had issues with sleep since childhood.
  • Joshacham
    Joshacham Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    6 hours.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    FOURTEEN HOURS OF SLEEP?

That only leaves you 10 hours in your day!
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    About 7 on weekdays. Should get 8-9, but life is busy. Usually about 9-10 on weekends.
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I usually get into bed around 8 for an episode or two of Mad Men (or whatever the flavor of the month show is). Fall asleep by 10, up at 4:45ish without an alarm to make it to yoga by 5:45.

I spent YEARS - truly - almost four full years never sleeping. I worked the overnight shift at the hospital and truly never adjusted.

I cherish these nights more than I can ever articulate now. I feel like an entirely new person.

I am fully functioning on 6, but anywhere between 6-8 is wonderful to me.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    between 2-10 hours depending what's going on in my life.
  • PeanutButterLuver
    Options
    About 5-6 hrs.
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    1-4. on weekends anywhere from 9-14. S:
  • traceytwink
    traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I get about 6-7 hours apart from weekends, then I get another hour or two extra gotta love weekends ????
  • Nyksta
    Nyksta Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    In order to fit everything in I get between 4 - 5 hours a night. I've always survived on little sleep though I am feeling it (and seeing it - huge bags under eyes) more in recent years...

Weekends I tend to get more because if I don't set the alarm and no-one wakes me up I sleep sleep sleep... my body catching up I guess.

However, in recent weekends I have gotten up early and felt MUCH better for having the whole day rather than wasting half of it by sleeping in.
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Work days I get about 7.5 average -- otherwise I die waking up at 4AM and working a 12-hour shift.

Weekends I sleep more like 10 hours, but still wake up fairly early.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Usually 7-8 hours every day. :bigsmile:
  • jadedgrrl
    jadedgrrl Posts: 24
    Options
    between 5-7 hours usually on weekdays. 8-10 on weekends. i function best on at least 7-8 hours of sleep.
  • ChanceTakr2131
    Options
    I try to get 9 hours a night; if I do, I function at my optimum level.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Between seven and eight, usually closer to the latter.
  • LeeshLove
    LeeshLove Posts: 197
    Options
    Typically, I get 6-7 hours of sleep per night.

According to the National Sleep Foundation, there is no "magic number." Not only do different age groups need different amounts of sleep, but sleep needs are also individual. Just like any other characteristics you are born with, the amount of sleep you need to function best may be different for you than for someone who is of the same age and gender. While you may be at your absolute best sleeping seven hours a night, someone else may clearly need nine hours to have a happy, productive life.

All I know is if I get any less than 6 I am one grumpy butt the next day!!!
  • waylandcool
    waylandcool Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    On weekdays, it's about 5-6 hours as I usually get up early to workout. 6-7 on rest days and weekends.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I would get about 8 hours a night, but I always wake up in the middle of the night, and then have trouble going back to sleep. It's very frustrating.

Me too.As a Mom I sleep "with one ear open" So I hear everything.

Plus,I tend to review my workday which just stresses me or forces me to get up before I forget whatever idea strikes me in the middle of the night.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I work thirds and have 5 kids. SO. I normally sleep after my workout from 11am-2:30 pm and then fall out again about 7:30-930 its effed up