How would you plan a 5000 calorie cheat day?

Options

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fun to me.
  • chelbel89
    chelbel89 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Oh I LOL'ed so hard from some of these posts!! :laugh: :drinker:
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I'm on the Slow Carb eating plan, where a weekly cheat day is encouraged to help reset your metabolism and stop if from getting to used to a low-carb diet.

There are some rules to follow regarding how to minimize the effects of a binge (i.e. get the food to pass through you without being fully absorbed. A good cheat sheet is here

http://www.4hourlife.com/2011/03/09/damage-control-and-the-slow-carb-diet-binge-day-cheat-sheet/

Bill Phillips recommends the same thing in Body For Life.

Most people are going to cheat on any diet, better to schedule it once a week (or in my case every other week) and minimize the damage.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    You don't plan a 5000 calorie cheat day. You shouldn't plan a cheat day at all. The key to hitting your goals is dedication, why set yourself back 3 days of hard dieting just for one day of eating till you're lethargic and regret it?

Just keep doing what you're doing and if you've hit a plateu, try increasing certain macros for a day or two or even adding 2-400 calories.

imo, planning an excessive cheat day is not only stupid, but detrimental to your goals in the long run.

You sound like buckets of fun. :drinker:
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Ice cream cake morning, noon, and night:). Yum!!!
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I'm not old enough to drink but the times I've had sips, I don't remember liking it. Besides i don't believe in drinking calories unless its reasonable like ~200 for a smoothie.

Being as you're so petite, do you worry you might feel sick to eat so much in one day?

Have any of the suggested menus appealed to you?

I don't know if I'll feel sick but I'll find out (=

Oh yes I have decided on a whole Pizza Hut
    pizza someone on the first page suggested. A huge ice cream sandwich, a couple KK donuts, a huge bacon and egg sandwich, and some other stuff I can't decide yet. Popular stuff like steaks, pastas, ribs, alcohol don't appeal to me for some reason.

That ^^ should just about do it :)
  • aprmay
    aprmay Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't want to eat or drink 5000 calories, but if you must....
    Try partying in Vegas with all you can eat buffets and sugary drinks. Guarantee that you will fill up 5000 cals fast.
  • SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Breakfast- Biscuits, Gravy, Eggs, Sausage and Hash Browns with Hot Chocolate or a Mocha
    Lunch- A good Burger and Fries with a ice cold Pepsi
    Dinner- BBQ Ribs, Corn on the Cob, Baked Potato, Salad and Strawberry Shortcake

Sounds good to me! But I doubt I'd feel very good, or that my stomach would appreciate the volume of food!
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Seriously people. Unhealthy binge? Hasnt anyone looked at calorie counts these days? Go to Outback. Split a bloomin Onion. Eat the predinner salad. Steak. Baked Potato. Shrimp. Right there. Per the Outback Website over 3k calories alone. And Ive seen any number of people, big or small, eat that and more at Outback. Add dessert, a drink or two. People really need to get some kind of realization of calories. Maybe its a binge for some of you, but no need to judge the OP and call them gross and all sorts of the other stuff directed their way.

^^^this^^^

Recently had a day where I was sick and just kinda grazed way through the day...When I logged it, ended up being around 4200 calories...but didn't seem like that many and I still didn't feel full most of the time, unlike when I eat healthier.
  • Shr3dded
    Shr3dded Posts: 232
    Options
    You don't plan a 5000 calorie cheat day. You shouldn't plan a cheat day at all. The key to hitting your goals is dedication, why set yourself back 3 days of hard dieting just for one day of eating till you're lethargic and regret it?

Just keep doing what you're doing and if you've hit a plateu, try increasing certain macros for a day or two or even adding 2-400 calories.

imo, planning an excessive cheat day is not only stupid, but detrimental to your goals in the long run.

It's called dedication, something the weak-spined cheaters lack. Go and eat and drink yourself through 5k cals and tell me if it was worth it.

Protip: Its not.
  • kiku76
    kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    5000?! Wow that's crazy for one day.

I would, however, indulge in a few slices of pizza. aaaahhh...pizza. Maybe with bacon on it. Or better yet, wrap the pizza in bacon. And add a fully-loaded cheeseburger. Heck, put the cheeseburger on the pizza. I don't care.

I'd feel gross and tired, but it might be worth it. Bacon pizza.....droool!!!
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Wow OP you sure like cereal!!!!! My husband eats giant serving bowls of cereal at night after soccer, and is stick thin LOL!

Hope you enjoyed you Big Day!!!!
  • ApocalypticFae
    ApocalypticFae Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Recently had a day where I was sick and just kinda grazed way through the day...When I logged it, ended up being around 4200 calories...but didn't seem like that many and I still didn't feel full most of the time, unlike when I eat healthier.

Same here. :smile:

Edited to add... I would have a few pina colada-type beverages, french toast drowned in maple syrup, a ton of shrimp, this amazing cheese garlic bread from a restaurant in town called Northwoods Inn along with their salad, a few shots of whiskey, and smores.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

It's called dedication, something the weak-spined cheaters lack. Go and eat and drink yourself through 5k cals and tell me if it was worth it.

OP WEIGHS 90SOMETHING POUNDS!!!

HOW IS THIS AUTOMATICALLY DETRIMENTAL TO HER GOALS???

/RAGEQUIT
  • koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    For me, the whole point of a cheat day is that it is not planned. I could go over my goals by 200 calories or 2000.
  • erulasse
    erulasse Posts: 141 Member
    Options

I really hope I never turn into one of these holier-than-thou, 'check out my burn', people, who think fitness is the be all and bloody end all.
    Get a grip.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Ever heard of guessing calories based on similar restaurants? I went to John's Incredible Pizza that day. They don't have nutritional info so I had to do my own homework.
    Dishes with the same name can vary by hundreds of calories between one restaurant and another. I am surprised that someone who logs a stick of sugarfree gum, a spoonful of chicken Alfredo, an eighth of a chicken breast, 1/5 Tbsp of peanut butter, and 1/8 cup of mint chip ice cream would tolerate such imprecision.
  • krysten780
    krysten780 Posts: 4
    Options
    Cheesesticks and spinach and artichoke dip. Yummm.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options

It is to me, because I enjoy going out and having a good time once in a while, eating good food that I love and not worrying about every little calorie for one night. It's leisure time - and we all spend it differently. Just because I relax with a good meal at a restaurant once a week doesn't make me a weak-spined cheater. lol

Let's see, 1/3 of an appetizer, a nice, fatty, tasty entree, and a sweet dessert, throw in drinks at any restaurant and you're well on your way to 5,000 calories already. Since I can't go out and do this more than once a month usually, if that, yeah, I go all out and enjoy myself - and no, I do not regret it - and yes, it is entirely worth it, because it doesn't hinder my weight loss or erase my progress.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

UubR8fw.gif