Too Old For a Bikini?

Options

Replies

• TheSteelerGirl
    Options
    DEFINATELY NOT ! I have not been in a bikini since I was in my 20's.. cuz I was obese. Now ... with lots of determination and a lifestyle change.. I am down 83 lbs and my proudest moment is when I was able to put on a bikini. :happy:
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    IMO as long as you have a bikini body = no stretch marks, sagging skin, or fat rolls go for it, but I do think ppl need to be mindful of other ppl when dressing...like before u leave the house take a good look in the mirror and make sure u dress for your body type bc we really don't need to see all your flaws. *Not u specifically just ppl in general. It's a common courtesy that ppl around here dnt understand. >_<

Everyone has their own opinion of what a bikini body is. Who are you to decide?

Should we send our photos so you can pre-approve the bikini bodies?

Maybe you see my stretch marks as flaws... I see them as a reminder of how amazing life is.... I was able and fortunate enough to produce, carry, and give birth to an amazing young lady.

Also, when I see a happy and confident women with a "less then perfect" body rocking their bikini - I personally envy these women. After all it's easy to put on a bikini in front of crowd if you look like Jillian Michaels but for almost every other women out there it's not so easy. Society puts huge pressure on women to look a certain way. I love women to challenge these barriers!
  • hottotrot
    hottotrot Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Nope !! If you feel confident and feel good ... Go for it !!
  • peggysue218
    peggysue218 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    If women want to wear a bikini flaunting their stretch marks, sagging skin, cellulite, and/or fat rolls - good for them. Unfortunately, they can't control the judgment and revulsion that comes along with parading around other people like that. Ignorance is bliss.
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    If women want to wear a bikini flaunting their stretch marks, sagging skin, cellulite, and/or fat rolls - good for them. Unfortunately, they can't control the judgment and revulsion that comes along with parading around other people like that. Ignorance is bliss.

Isn't it? For instance, you have no idea what I am thinking about you.
  • joleenl
    Options

Isn't it? For instance, you have no idea what I am thinking about you.

I think I might know what you are thinking!

Because using words "judgement and revulsion" in regards to "less then prefect" bikini bodies, does bring certain "judgement and revulsion" to mind.
  • Ashshell
    Ashshell Posts: 185
    Options
    IMO as long as you have a bikini body = no stretch marks, sagging skin, or fat rolls go for it, but I do think ppl need to be mindful of other ppl when dressing...like before u leave the house take a good look in the mirror and make sure u dress for your body type bc we really don't need to see all your flaws. *Not u specifically just ppl in general. It's a common courtesy that ppl around here dnt understand. >_<

Haha...your post cracks me up. Why should anyone be mindful of other people when it comes to the way they dress? A person walking around with their muffin top hanging out doesn't hurt anyone. If you don't like it, don't look at it. You don't HAVE to stare. I think it's great when people dress how they please and don't worry about others judging their "flaws". I also think it's awesome when bigger people wear bikinis. Having the confidence to be yourself and do what makes you happy without worrying what other people think is a positive attribute.
  • JessFox33
    JessFox33 Posts: 66 Member
    Options

Everyone has their own opinion of what a bikini body is. Who are you to decide?

Should we send our photos so you can pre-approve the bikini bodies?

Maybe you see my stretch marks as flaws... I see them as a reminder of how amazing life is.... I was able and fortunate enough to produce, carry, and give birth to an amazing young lady.

Also, when I see a happy and confident women with a "less then perfect" body rocking their bikini - I personally envy these women. After all it's easy to put on a bikini in front of crowd if you look like Jillian Michaels but for almost every other women out there it's not so easy. Society puts huge pressure on women to look a certain way. I love women to challenge these barriers!

No need to be on the defense, I have stretch marks and a saggy belly ( mother of 4 amazing children ) so I wouldn't put a bikini on for all to see and as I said above it's just my opinion and I also never said anything about bikini body = perfect! So maybe next time don't be so quick to jump on someone for their opinion besides, isn't that what this thread is asking for?? Others OPINIONS??? BTW PLEASE DON'T SEND PICS TO ME!
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    cats_fighting_102006_5.jpg
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    No. This is such a North American taboo. In Europe no one would even ask this. Everyone should wear what they're comfortable in.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    I say if you still have the body for it - go right ahead. Tina Turner still wears mini skirts and she's 73!
  • kdsp2911
    kdsp2911 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    If one isn't too old for a corsette, then nope. Bikinis are allowed.

308wapd.jpg

That's pretty impressive!! @ Whierd...is this the one that keeps messaging you?? lol

^^^ Those boobs!!! Was this the first recipient in the history of the world of breast implants? Hope I'm that perky at her age!!!
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    No. People need to stop trying to control other people. Do what feels good to you (as long as it's not hurting anyone....and a bikini never hurt anyone). :)
  • jakedner
    jakedner Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Are you worried about being carded on the beach? :)

Even if age was a factor (which it's not), who can tell your age just by looking at you?

Wear whatever makes you comfortable. Confidence is sexy :)

^^^^^This! :happy:
  • drmrsthemonarch
    Options
    No. You're never too old for anything, I don't care what people have to say. People are going to criticize you no matter how old or how fit you are. So if you want to wear a bikini, do it... regardless of your age and don't feel bad about it either!
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Frankly, I will wear what I want when and where I want. I'm 33 and a new mom, and I work hard to feel good about my body. If you don't like it, you're welcome to evacuate my presence. : )
  • joleenl
    Options

Haha...your post cracks me up. Why should anyone be mindful of other people when it comes to the way they dress? A person walking around with their muffin top hanging out doesn't hurt anyone. If you don't like it, don't look at it. You don't HAVE to stare. I think it's great when people dress how they please and don't worry about others judging their "flaws". I also think it's awesome when bigger people wear bikinis. Having the confidence to be yourself and do what makes you happy without worrying what other people think is a positive attribute.

^^ Agreed and love this!
  • run_way
    run_way Posts: 220
    Options
    By the time you're "too old" for a bikini, you're old enough where you can wear/do whatever the hell you want anyway, so it's a moot point by then :bigsmile:
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    No, I don't believe in being too old for bikinis, long hair, shopping from certain stores, etc. That can all suck it, Imma do whatever I want.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Agreed it isn't a civil rights issue. It's not about "should wear" or "can wear." It's about what they "want to wear". If they "want to wear" then both of the above apply they "can wear" and "should wear"!

I said it before and I'll said it again, "If you don't like it then don't look at it".
    And yet, I continually see people getting all worked up because some kid's pants are sagging. Who cares? I don't.