Eating pizza, pop tarts, & ice cream while losing weight

Options

Replies

• joe_d
    joe_d Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Some people just want to lose weight.

Some people want to actually be healthy.

Enjoy your crappy processed foods.

Enjoy the view from your high horse.

To be completely honest if I even smell pizza I turn into food hulk and can't control myself haha it makes me kinda grumpy :P

Me too. That's why I go to a pizza buffet and eat 1500+ calories of pizza once a month. It's pretty awesome.

I do that at the local China Buffet. It's the best day of the month.

Chinese? This!! And Indian...ummm Chicken Vindaloo, extra hot. And proscuitto hoagies when I'm in Philly, and...

Pop tarts? Really, folks. If we're going to incorporate the "nasties" into our diets, let's go for the gusto! :drinker:
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    bacon_cake_by_2dchew-d2ylpfz.jpg

Is there maple bacon buttercream between the layers? please say yes....
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    There needs to be a restaurant buffet out there where EVERY dish contains bacon. I'd move for that.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    bacon_cake_by_2dchew-d2ylpfz.jpg

Noooo. Ugh. Just no.

And so much hate in this thread. I have bad foods every day too. Usually 100 calories of it (yesterday... more!). Oh noes for eating 90% well and 10% crap. All within my calories. It's going to ruin my health!

I also haven't binged once since I started, and I have no problem stopping after one serving (didn't use to be the case, but I got over it). Heck it makes the whole thing enjoyable and I don't feel like I'm depriving myself... and can totally see myself doing that all my life. Isn't that the goal? Or are you going to cry and feel guilt every time you have one cookie all your life? That doesn't sound like much fun.

I think they're just jealous.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    since there's no known causes of diabetes, besides weight being a contributing factor, I'd say that comment was irrelevant.

Actually, Acg67 is right. Researchers are becoming more and more convinced that sugar consumption is high on the list of substances that promote CVD and Type II diabetes.
  • yummy_
    yummy_ Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I finished 2 talenti gelatos my first month and still lost 9 pounds.

i admit, PopTarts aren't really my bag, but i will **** up a pint or three of Talenti.
    my market puts it on sale every few months for $3.99. it's good that i have a second freezer in the garage.
  • SanteMulberry
    Options

Enjoy limiting yourself when you don't need to to be healthy.

Some people DO need to severely limit or cut out the junk food entirely in order to serve their health. On 1,360 calories (my MFP allotment) I must be VERY careful to avoid empty calories. If I didn't care about my health, I would eat 1,350 calories worth of cheesecake every day (maybe save 10 calories for a couple of carrot sticks). But, you see, I do care about my health so I don't eat junk food.
  • MissCarter79
    MissCarter79 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation! Moderation meaning, eat food to live and be healthy and once in a while eat food for fun.
    I don't agree with the diabetes comment though. I have a hard time eating healthy and I'm a 100+ pounds overweight and my blood sugar is normal as is everything else. My husband on the other hand eats veggies and fruits and watches his intake more closely, isn't overweight and just got a diagnosis of diabetes.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Sure you shouldn't give up the foods you love, but eat them in moderation. Eating ice cream everyday is not moderation and is ridiculous, for anyone actually even someone not trying to lose weight.

Eating the foods you love in moderation is exactly what he recommended.

How is eating ice cream every day not moderation? Please. There are a lot of us on MFP who eat ice cream almost every day and lose weight and have great body composition.

Interestingly, if you pick out the most successful people on MFP in terms of achieving phenomenal body composition and health, they eat a lot of food people like you would consider "bad" or "unhealthy." People like Sara and Taso and Magerum are the absolute models of fitness success, and they eat things like ice cream daily.

Take your lessons from the people who display astonishing personal success and not what your preconceived ideas of "good" and "bad" food are.

Amen brotha...amen.

To all the angry folks...just wait until i take a picture....naked...covering myself in pop tarts and pizza. Aaah yeah. Suck a fat one.
  • MissCarter79
    MissCarter79 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why people have to be so mean spirited on here. We're all different, what works for one doesn't work for another and I go with the saying if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.

Me personally I think life is too short to deny yourself anything at all, we all deserve a bit of pleasure in this mean nasty little world of ours and as long as you enjoy those things as part of a healthy balanced diet then who gives a flying f@$%!!! :laugh:

AGREE!!

:wink:
    Couldn't agree more!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Some people DO need to severely limit or cut out the junk food entirely in order to serve their health. On 1,360 calories (my MFP allotment) I must be VERY careful to avoid empty calories. If I didn't care about my health, I would eat 1,350 calories worth of cheesecake every day (maybe save 10 calories for a couple of carrot sticks). But, you see, I do care about my health so I don't eat junk food.

You could easily fit things like ice cream and cheesecake into 1360 calories a day and still hit quality macro goals.

Your excuse that you just can't fit it is invalid.
  • bronx1101
    bronx1101 Posts: 48
    Options
    Speaking of crappy processed foods...has anyone tried the mega stuffed golden oreos??? They are delicious. Like a mouth full of heaven.
  • SanteMulberry
    Options
    Um.. Congratulations?

Obviously it works for you... It didn't work for me though so I'm taking a different road.... but I'm still eating BACON!:bigsmile:

Exactly! Control of body fat is NOT a one-size-fits-all endeavor. I could NOT have Pop-Tarts (I think they are bleh anyway) and ice cream every day and expect to preserve my health while on calorie restriction.
  • SanteMulberry
    Options

You could easily fit things like ice cream and cheesecake into 1360 calories a day and still hit quality macro goals.

Your excuse that you just can't fit it is invalid.

Yeah--I'd rather not invite hypertension back into my life (along with crappy pharmaceuticals), thank you very much. SUGAR<---Do NOT want.
  • TracyJo93
    TracyJo93 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I see nothing wrong with that! I also eat icecream and Twizzlers on the daily. I lost 10 pounds, only weigh 115, and see baby abs starting to form!
  • czardastx
    czardastx Posts: 127 Member
    Options

Amen brotha...amen.

To all the angry folks...just wait until i take a picture....naked...covering myself in pop tarts and pizza. Aaah yeah. Suck a fat one.

I've suddenly developed a craving to eat pop tarts and pizza....:wink:
  • nekoxvampyx
    nekoxvampyx Posts: 163
    Options
    100 calories of junk is still JUNK -.-
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I cant do moderation but that's just me personally I just have no will power so it cant be in the house lol

I think I have discovered this about myself lately too, I am thinking more and more I was/am slightly addicted to sugar. The less I have the less I crave it. I'm talking chocolate here BTW. It's like crack for me, I think I just have to say NO. :grumble: :sad:

If Chocolate is any where near me its gone lol I cant do it
  • maraq
    maraq Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with enjoying those things once in a while but we should all be aiming for the majority of our calories to be higher quality real food. Try eating real unprocessed food 90% of the time and save the other 10% for treats like poptarts and ice cream or anything else that you don't eat daily.
  • Ashshell
    Ashshell Posts: 185
    Options
    I ate two s'mores pop tarts for a snack earlier today (: