Eating pizza, pop tarts, & ice cream while losing weight

Options

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with enjoying those things once in a while but we should all be aiming for the majority of our calories to be higher quality real food. Try eating real unprocessed food 90% of the time and save the other 10% for treats like poptarts and ice cream or anything else that you don't eat daily.

Maybe if the OP took your advice he could lose a ton of weight and have excellent body composition, health, and fitness.

Oh, wait.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your CVD and diabetes
    Some people just want to lose weight.

Some people want to actually be healthy.

Enjoy your crappy processed foods.

Enjoy the view from your high horse.

lol love it
  • tara_seay
    tara_seay Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your CVD and diabetes
    Some people just want to lose weight.

Some people want to actually be healthy.

Enjoy your crappy processed foods.

Enjoy the view from your high horse.

^this
  • cosmic8o8
    cosmic8o8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of angry people on these forums due to their misery that other people can indulge and maintain their goals whilst the "healthy" elitists eat tasteless kaka and have to pretend they like it. I even see this at my gym. Sometimes I'll have a Snickers bar as my post-workout snack and some people will act like I killed their pet. If these people were actually happy with their healthy lives, they wouldn't get so offended.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Some people DO need to severely limit or cut out the junk food entirely in order to serve their health. On 1,360 calories (my MFP allotment) I must be VERY careful to avoid empty calories. If I didn't care about my health, I would eat 1,350 calories worth of cheesecake every day (maybe save 10 calories for a couple of carrot sticks). But, you see, I do care about my health so I don't eat junk food.

Look at my diary for today.

1327 kcals, TONS of veggies, 117 grams of protein, 60 grams of fat, under 2k sodium, and a massive salad for lunch so satiety should be ok.

Oh look, space for 3/4 cup of ice cream.
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Wonderful news! I am going to go make a huge pan of baked ziti and eat it everyday for the next week! I will just make sure I only have a salad for lunch! :drinker: :drinker: :laugh:
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of angry people on these forums due to their misery that other people can indulge and maintain their goals whilst the "healthy" elitists eat tasteless kaka and have to pretend they like it. I even see this at my gym. Sometimes I'll have a Snickers bar as my post-workout snack and some people will act like I killed their pet. If these people were actually happy with their healthy lives, they wouldn't get so offended.

Look at it this way - if they're all eating the 'healthy' foods, that leaves more tasty food for the rest of us. It's a win-win.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    What's with the ice cream bashing. There's nothing unhealthy about ice cream.
  • Workit23
    Workit23 Posts: 5
    Options
    Weight loss is to become healthy. So why eat like a slob?
  • Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I couldn't eat pop tarts every day but I do eat peanut butter and crackers to get my fat and protein in. I gave up a lot of unhealthy foods and snacks and actually feel better during my workouts. I say do what works for you.
  • sullus
    Options

Just because YOU can;t have these things without eating like a slob, doesn't mean other people can't. Projection much?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

How is a bit of ice cream eating like a slob? It's not like anyone is bragging about eating 1000 calories of junk (ok, someone probably is somewhere, but you get my drift).
  • cals83
    cals83 Posts: 131
    Options
    You could easily fit things like ice cream and cheesecake into 1360 calories a day and still hit quality macro goals.

Your excuse that you just can't fit it is invalid.

Right now I have my goals set at 1800 calories and my favorite ice cream is 1,040 calories for a pint and let's just say a pack of poptarts is 400 calories...On a 1360 intake, I would be over just from those two things.

Yes it is very possible to fit a serving of ice cream into 1360 calories and still hit your targets but it seems like the implication of this post is "I can eat a pint of ice cream and a pack of poptarts every day and still lose weight" and for most of us, that isn't true.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    your right,
    IT IS DOABLE AND DELICIOUS.
    add whiskey and it is even better.
  • brookef81
    brookef81 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Love this post because I feel the same way. In fact, I was reading it while I was eating some doritos. I refuse to deprive myself of foods because I will only want them more. Everything in moderation...I have been steadily losing as well :) Good for you!
  • sullus
    Options
    Love this post because I feel the same way. In fact, I was reading it while I was eating some doritos. I refuse to deprive myself of foods because I will only want them more. Everything in moderation...I have been steadily losing as well :) Good for you!

I go for fritos, but only because I consider them a whole food.
  • KtotheD78
    KtotheD78 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Pop tarts are so disgusting to me but I am with you on the pizza and ice cream (well, except I don't crave them daily) but I didn't give it up. I simply don't eat an entire pizza by myself anymore.
  • JasonT1973
    JasonT1973 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Maybe that works for you and ALL THE POWER TO YOU. Personally I need to watch everything i take in. I had a slice of pizza today and all i wanted to do was finish the rest of the pizza. GOOD LUCK =)
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I don't eat pop tarts. I've never liked the taste. I have ice cream or pizza about once every 2 or 3 months. I don't have a problem with someone eating that sort of thing every once in a while.
  • mjfhorsey
    mjfhorsey Posts: 6
    Options
    :happy: :happy: