need friends who are starting running or are runners!

Replies

• HeatherDee92
    HeatherDee92 Posts: 218 Member
    I've recently started running! I love it! Knowing I can push my body faster and farther everyday gives me so much strength(Mental and Physical)!
  • loveachallenge
    loveachallenge Posts: 62 Member
    Runner here as well. I can run up to 10k. I love long distance running for endurance, I haven't been able to now because of the heat and humidity I feel like I'm going to pass out. I have a treadmill at home but its not the same. I also enjoy extremely fast sprints or short distances at 8-9 mph to burn more calories like running a mile in 7 minutes. I was running up to 50 miles a week. Lost a ton of weight but my knees were taking a huge toll. Now I do Insanity 6 days a week and run 3-4 days about 20 miles a week. Have a few 5k runs planned and a 10k as well. Long live the shin splints and bengay for the knees.
  • fuzzball01
    fuzzball01 Posts: 105 Member
    I am a runner in need of support - being pushed and held accountable.
  • I'm getting back into running after a long hiatus. From there, I want to move on to triathlons. Add me if you wish!
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    I'm a fairly regular runner but lately I haven't been running much. I plan on getting back into it soon. Feel free to add me everybody. :)
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    I am a runner! Add me too if you are still looking for friends. I have ran 3 half marathons, have a 2 or 3 more planned this year. I am also going to start training for my first full marathon this year as well. 2013 is going to rock!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Spikethered
    Spikethered Posts: 108
    I am also a runner, so feel free to add me:)
  • autumnrunning
    autumnrunning Posts: 103
    Ok, can I just add you all, because of running. Thank you OP, for this topic :)
  • RunnerDude2013
    RunnerDude2013 Posts: 56 Member
    I love to run. Have ran a ton of races in the last 4 years ranging from a full marathon down to a main street mile. Anyone who wishes can send me a friend request.
  • Sonjalalala
    Sonjalalala Posts: 101 Member
    Uh... this thread is pretty old. The OP deactivated their account... But I LOVE how this thread is still going!! Yeah, running!!!

If you love to run, you guys can add me, too. I still consider myself a beginner at this but I'm getting there... Just completed my first 10km race today!

154248355956967741M0JlSvMpc.jpg
  • mrk1185
    mrk1185 Posts: 44 Member
    I started running almost a year ago when I signed up for MFP, and just today raced my first half marathon! Feel free to add me, I love to see how other people train and I'm excellent at cheering on my friends on here. :D
  • kimcatus
    kimcatus Posts: 27
    This thread was old I hesitated on replying, but hey, I'm a trend follower! lol :)

I would love more running friends on here; feel free to add me.

I've only run 5ks and 1 10k but next year want to run a half. I know I need to work on my food and strength training, so any help and encouragement with those aspects would be great! And I think I'm a pretty good motivator and encourager myself... ;)
  • lose3stone
    lose3stone Posts: 76 Member
    I'm on week 5 of C25K ....... I don't always get out regularly but love it when I do:)
    Feel free to add me
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    You can add me if you'd like. I run 2-3 times a week... anywhere from 5k-17k at this point. Will be doing a series of obstacle runs this year including Tough Mudder and Spartan Beast. My road racing has progressed to trails, but the majority of my runs are still on pavement.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Done a couple 5k and a 10k. My goal is to do a half marathon in October, 2014 and a mudrun sometime in the future.
  • moni_tb_192
    moni_tb_192 Posts: 188 Member
    Hello! I started running in January, I did my first 10K in March, and I just started training for my first half marathon in August, I'm so excited! :D
  • Everyone is welcome to add me :). I ran my first 5k this year, I have a 10k scheduled June 1st and a half marathon on September 8th :)

Never considered myself a runner before, but it has changed my life!
  • BOOMaggedon
    BOOMaggedon Posts: 244 Member
    Just ran my second 5k race last weekend. Been running a couple 5ks per week training. Now training for a sprint triathalon (hopefully) in July. I am new to this too and welcome friends who are runners or new into running.
  • sdreed25
    sdreed25 Posts: 208 Member
    I'm a runner, please anyone feel free to add me. :)
  • Frankii_x
    Frankii_x Posts: 238
    Finished my second half marathon yesterday! Feel free to add me :) 2 years ago I couldn't run a mile without stopping 3 times!