5 things you should never eat/drink? your opinion

Options

Replies

• Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I always see the ads where it's like "five things you should never eat" and it has a huge banana on the side...
    So I'm curious what are the five things you feel you should never eat/drink with trying to be healthy/lose weight?
    There is nothing I NEVER drink. Hardly ever works for me.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I always see the ads where it's like "five things you should never eat" and it has a huge banana on the side...
    So I'm curious what are the five things you feel you should never eat/drink with trying to be healthy/lose weight?

It's funny about bananas. They are featured in almost every "yummy" (taken with a grain of salt) low-cal "treat" in the recipe section.

No smoothies-- I am not a baby, I chew my food.
    No liver.
    No mushrooms (or any fungi).
    No soda.
    No things I hate.

Did you know that white powdery stuff on the outside of grapes is a fungus? Not sure what that has to do with anything. Just thought I'd share

Good for wine-making the old fashioned way.
  • 0atmeal_queen
    Options
    Normal soda, I honestly think diet soda is perfectly fine in moderation
    Ice cream
    Maple syrup
    .Meat ( nasty ****. become a vegetarian )
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    sea urchin

has nothing to do with weight loss, really. I just didn't enjoy it.

Ditto. Once was enough.

I wouldn't want to say what others should or shouldn't eat because there is little logic in what I don't eat. I don't eat:

Meat, though I had a little try at the start of my pregnancy (craving)
    Gelatine, unless I really want whatever it is
    British Jelly or plain omelette, because the texture makes me want to be sick.

However, there is no real logic to it, as I eat seafood and an octopus is just as clever as the land animals I avoid. Meat's just a combination of 'squeeee' and not tasty to me.
  • MsLilly200
    MsLilly200 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hmm... 5 things you should never eat/drink:

Gasoline
    Liquid Nitrogen
    Rat Poison
    Broken Glass
    People
  • nicsalmon1
    nicsalmon1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Refined carbohydrates (white pasta, white bread, white rice, white white white) This will send your blood sugar levels soaring and your appetite all over the place.
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Soda. (Even diet, it's chemical sludge.)
    Meat.
    Refined carbs.
    Anything with gelatin.
    Anything overly processed.
  • wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your goals. For instance bananas are VERY healthy, but also high in calories. Which is why it was probably there. My advice is diet sodas, zero calorie sweeteners, red meat, frozen foods/meals (even if they are low calorie!) and probably the last one would be potato chips.
    Diet sodas are a must to avoid though; they can literally rot your brain because of the mixture of zero calorie sweeteners and caffeine. Zero calorie sweeteners make you crave carbs anyways, but this stuff gives you mood swings, and destroys brain cells. Bananas have fiber and potassium which are two main things you want when you're trying to lose weight. If you're worried about the calories walk to the grocery store to get one so it's already burnt off :]

Rot your brain? Orly!

diet soda = television
  • ElliieMental
    ElliieMental Posts: 189
    Options
    Arsenic
    Cyanide
    Draino
    Windex
    Other people

:laugh: This!
  • CoachRJones
    Options
    Fried foods,
    frozen prepared foods
    fast food
    factory made foods
    sugary beverages
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    1) Light beer (except Sam Adams Light) - Life's too short
    2) Mushrooms - But just me, they are perfectly fine, I just don't like them
    3) Well Done Beef - It's ruined
    4) Over cooked vegetable - See well done beef
    5) Tofurky - Not even once
  • annasor70
    annasor70 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    For me;

Meat
    Dairy
    Sodas
    Highly processed foods
    Energy drinks
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My "never-eats" (well very seldom anyways :blushing:) include the following:

Calorie-laden drinks including juice, pop, smoothies, milkshakes, syrupy coffee drinks, and alcopops

Processed foods with ridiculous amounts of salt (One Mcdonalds bagel sandwich has over 1000mg of sodium :noway:)

Candy, milk chocolate, and white chocolate

Pastry

White bread, white rice, white pasta, etc.

The last three are on the list because I don't enjoy them enough to be worth the calories. I'd rather spend my discretionary calories on something I really love (like dark chocolate - Mmm!).
  • HRLaurie614
    HRLaurie614 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Road kill (unless it's very fresh), arsenic, shipping peanuts (they don't taste anything like Planter's!), yellow snow, and Brussels sprouts.

:)
  • HRLaurie614
    HRLaurie614 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I see a few ppl mentioned maple syrup. What are the concerns there v
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    my own personal list:

artificial sweeteners
    hydrogenated oils
    high fructose corn syrup
    nitrates/ preserved meats
    pineapples (im allergic!)

i break the nitrate rule once in a while in the name of bacon, but other than that i stick to it. i havent intentionally ingested artificial sweeteners ever. im not talking weight loss, im talking fueling the body with healthy goodness. i get the everything is permissible in moderation thing, and im all for the philosophy, but personally i avoid the above list whenever possible. and i still manage to eat the goodies i want in moderation.
    there is nitrate free bacon... look for the uncured variety.. there is always a way to eat bacon...
  • MarcPower
    MarcPower Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    *kitten*
    Plasma
    Red Snapper :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
    :laugh: One of these things is not like the other!
  • Andreagay60
    Andreagay60 Posts: 50
    Options
    Of course this is my opinion.... Krispy Crème donutis....High fructose corn syrup.....soda pop ( diet or not ).... Little Debbie products...... High sugary snaks..... I guess what I am saying in so many words is SUGAR.... I feel so much better when I go without high sugar items and when I cut back on cereals and foods containing sugar. I try to keep my sugar contents under 6-7 grams of sugar per item. Its hard to keep your sugar under on My Fitness Pal....but if you are keeping it down by trying to cut out the bad stuff...then good for you. And the plus in it is a smaller waist line and a clearer mind and complexion. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY EVERYONE..... :flowerforyou: