Does the fat smell go away if you become skinny again?

Options

Replies

• thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I dab a little garbage on my wrists every day to maintain that fresh fat scent, works like a charm!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I smell fantastic!

I need to sniff you to make sure.

*lifts armpits* yes yes?

Good deoderant!! Dove?

Shhh, it's a "secret"

Your secret is safe with me. We should work on others ifyouknowwhatImean. :wink:
  • EatinGood47
    Options
    I don't recall where I heard it but here goes.. it's a yeast or bacteria growing in the folds of your skin because they can't air out. So I would think it'd go away if the folds go away....?

This definitely makes sense. Just another reason to lose weight I guess.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's necessarily a fat thing, there are conditions that cause excess sweating that I could affect anyone. Having said that, the excess weight could definitely be making the problem worse (overweight people generally seem to sweat more) so I think that losing weight would be a step in the right direction
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I know two obese people who always smell very bad because they can't properly reach to clean themselves after using the toilet. It's very sad.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's a fat thing. It could be that your weight has thrown off your hormones, or that you're eating something that makes you smell?
  • nanusimprobus
    Options
    The fat smell does go away, but sometimes that is not a bad thing. I used to smell just like bacon all the time, especially if I had to sweat at all. I used to take the stairs up to my desk at work so that I'd bust a sweat so that I could smell bacon when I was eating my egg sandwich breakfasts.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I think sometimes it's a heavy set thing, but other times people are just not clean.
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Lol @ this entire thread
  • goldiejoe
    goldiejoe Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I smell a rat. I believe OP is having a sick thrill in participating in the last socially acceptable form of discrimination and prejudice. OP, you are not cute or funny. Come out from behind your faceless avatar and let us see who you really are.
  • melmonroe
    melmonroe Posts: 111
    Options
    If you can get into the bath, baking soda and epsom salt baths can help.
  • Sawjer
    Sawjer Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Last summer when I put on 2 stone or so and was at my heaviest (19stone) I had a bad lingering smell from under my belly, like the fat flap over, the best thing I could do was use talc after washing and use warm water when possible.

The smell is now gone completely and I weigh around 15 stone now.
  • astrylian
    astrylian Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    The fat smell does go away, but sometimes that is not a bad thing. I used to smell just like bacon all the time, especially if I had to sweat at all. I used to take the stairs up to my desk at work so that I'd bust a sweat so that I could smell bacon when I was eating my egg sandwich breakfasts.

I laughed so hard. Thank you, you're beautiful.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    This is not a joke

OP I know what you are going through. Its not your size its your diet....

check your inbox
  • nanusimprobus
    Options
    I really miss smelling like bacon & getting sweaty while taking the stairs though.
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    You weigh 265... not 465... and you are 6 feet tall, correct? Well, my husband is just about the same size as you and he doesn't have fat rolls or a problem with reaching his *kitten*. What I am saying is, you aren't THAT big, unless you carry every ounce in your belly. I am probably not saying this right at all. Maybe your deodorant wears off? I don't know but I don't think it's the fat. If you truly do have a bad body odor of some sort it must be something else to do with your body chemistry. I have known plenty of fat people (way bigger than 265) that don't smell the least bit bad and a few average size people who stink something awful. I have been fatter than I am now and MUCH skinnier and I don't think my normal scent has changed either way.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    See a doctor. There are many both simple and serious medical conditions that cause someone to smell bad. Obesity, assuming you really are hygienic, ain't one of 'em.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I really miss smelling like bacon & getting sweaty while taking the stairs though.

Your ticker says you have not lost any weight, don't you still smell like bacon?

Can you come have dinner with me? I'm making burgers..... :flowerforyou:
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    You're not fully clean unless you're zesssttfullyy clean.
  • nanusimprobus
    Options
    I'm still new & have not updated everything, but I did log some pizza earlier.

NO, I don't smell like bacon anymore & its a little sad. At least I don't get suspended for the day & told to take a shower anymore. My life is better now & people don't look at me & sigh like they used to.