Food that makes you feel terrible.

Options
123457»

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of fruit so I get tons of sugar that way, and no problems, but if I eat sugar in the form of chocolates, cakes, cookies, ice cream, candy, and the like I get stomach pains, sometimes severe ones. For minute amounts too, like ONE forkful of cake that I might eat so as not to appear rude. Fortunately I don't like the taste of this type of sugar and so it's fairly easy to avoid it.

Open question: Does anyone know why I get stomach pains from the sugar in a cake and not, say, the sugar in ketchup, which I adore and have fairly often? Would love some insight or to hear if anyone else is the same way.

I doubt it is the sugar then, it is probably the flour/wheat in the cake...

That would not explain it happening from chocolate, candy and ice cream.
  • TLow97
    TLow97 Posts: 55
    Options
    Diet sodas and hot coffee give me terrible headaches.

I can drink cold coffee no problem though...
  • cosmic8o8
    cosmic8o8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hot Pockets with a side of Flaming Hot Cheetos. I love the taste, but not the after effects.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I avoid fast food places like McDonald's because it makes me ill!

The other, mayo - makes me sick to my stomach, and Cucumbers - even the smell makes me ill.

Anything fried and not well drained after makes me feel ill so I avoid it...
  • StarrySkiesYvaine
    StarrySkiesYvaine Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Smoked foods/smoky flavoured foods (I don't eat fish anymore, but smoked fish used to make me ill)
    Too much garlic, garlic bread, peanuts,
    clotted cream (hadn't had some in ages - had a teaspoon the other day and it made me feel sick),
    strong coffee, sausages & bacon (before I became veggie), highly spiced food (like curries, thai etc.).

I used to have a personal trainer who recommended PyroMX lean burn supplement - that made me feel really sick!
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    most def....Diet foods diet soda disgusting "health Bars" protein powders of any kind any powder drink fake food etc.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Eggs being deprived of their yolks.

My father in law once said that the yolk is the most expensive part of the egg.
  • imtrinat
    imtrinat Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Pizza Hut Stuffed Crust Pizza. I finally just stopped eating it. I'm glad my body doesn't give me the option to sabotage myself with it anymore.
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    The last few times I ate take out Chinese........no good!
  • SaebraSpirit
    SaebraSpirit Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Sugar and grains in any form really. I eat fruit rarely, especially dried fruit.
    So I avoid granola, cereal, bread, grains, pizza, processed foods, cakes, muffins, cookies (aka all the confectionary) sodas, juices, milk, sweeteners, energy bars.
    They just taste awful to be honest, kind of....hmm 'fake'? I don't feel satisfied eating them, plus I am not celiac but often bloat and get joint pains (especiially in the lower back) from eating grainy things. :(
    I'd much prefer bacon or a big steak slathered in butter or cheese and some eggs with veggies :D

Its so funny cause when I was a kid I was addicted to all this stuff! How strange it is to watch yourself grow up and change!

EDIT: Oh and peanuts cause I'm allergic and I dont wanna go to hospital :P
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I used to love doughnuts but had one the other day and felt like GARBAGE!!!!!
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Really greasy foods in quantity. Can handle bacon and sausage and the sort, but delivery pizza, fried chicken, or french fries will make me feel terrible for hours.
  • hessenkat
    hessenkat Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Chocolate makes me feel like crap! Seriously, I know it's thought that every woman in the world loves it, but I honestly don't! I can eat like one tiny slice then feel sick. A good thing I guess. I wish I could say the same for crisps!!
  • ThoseLittleCats
    Options
    mcdonalds
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Greasy food.. sugar.. shellfish..fake sugar.. additives.. lots of chemicals.