What causes obesity?

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Eating after 6pm

Hmmm I am interested in this reply what happens after you eat after 6pm with obesity in mind?

the intestine shut down at 5:59pm and you go into starvation mode, which causes, on average, five pound per day weight increase...
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Eating after 6pm

hugh..?

Who's Hugh?
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Too much food, not enough movement.

And laziness. Lots of laziness.

I understand the laziness aspect, but playing devil`s advocate, a lot of people lead busy lives working or looking after the children..so how do they find the time to move?

That's an invalid excuse. I'm friends with MANY people on here who lead extremely busy lives and they manage to find the time. It's all about priorities.

But also, as someone else said, eat less then.
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options

^^ this
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Million dollar question. If anyone can effectively answer this they'll be rolling in the dough. Personally, there are many factors that cause obesity disease, environment, psychological, lack of knowledge, habits, poor community planing, stigmatization of obesity along with increasing acceptance, this "pull yourself up by the boot strap mentality" which does not serve to help an individual deep in the throws of an obesigenic lifestyle, addictive behaviors...ect ect.
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options

I understand the laziness aspect, but playing devil`s advocate, a lot of people lead busy lives working or looking after the children..so how do they find the time to move?

I know plenty of people with young children that could easily "make" the time. Hell, alot of kids these days are "appeased" with television shows and they sit and stare at them for extended periods of time. If someone really wants to be active, they can...most don't.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    THE INTERNET!!!!!!!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Eating after 6pm

hugh..?

Who's Hugh?

I hope it's Hugh Grant. I think he's getting better looking as he ages. And I bet he eats after 6pm.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Eating after 6pm

hugh..?

Who's Hugh?

the guy who said eating after 6pm leads to obesity...
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Overeating.
  • Ladyinwaiting4
    Ladyinwaiting4 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    after being in Russia I have seen they eat way less then we do portion wise. they have less choices. so for my country its to many choices and being spoiled. basicially laziness of society. going overseas on a mission trip really changed my perspective.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options

They eat less if they can't move more.

Is this from personal experience? :tongue:
  • brower47
    Options
    Million dollar question. If anyone can effectively answer this they'll be rolling in the dough. Personally, there are many factors that cause obesity disease, environment, psychological, lack of knowledge, habits, poor community planing, stigmatization of obesity along with increasing acceptance, this "pull yourself up by the boot strap mentality" which does not serve to help an individual deep in the throws of an obesigenic lifestyle, addictive behaviors...ect ect.

That's just it, no one will be rolling in dough with the right answer because the right answer isn't sexy, it doesn't have a quick fix and people would much rather come up with a plethora of excuses.

Eat too much and don't exercise enough to offset the calories in that food is the answer. The right, simple, non sexy answer.
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Eating after 6pm

Hmmm I am interested in this reply what happens after you eat after 6pm with obesity in mind?

Gremlins? On no wait, that's midnight.
  • brower47
    Options

They eat less if they can't move more.

Is this from personal experience? :tongue:

I am here for a reason. :smile:
  • cat_g_83
    cat_g_83 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Too much in and not enough out. But this can be caused by many reasons. From my experience finding comfort and reassurance in eating the worst kind of foods for you plays a big part.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options

I agree, I use to convince myself I was active. Meh... Now I know what being active is really like.
  • lhourin
    lhourin Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Obviously carbs, specifically fructose. And evil corporations that want to get us fat and keep us sick

That.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options

That's just it, no one will be rolling in dough with the right answer because the right answer isn't sexy, it doesn't have a quick fix and people would much rather come up with a plethora of excuses.

Eat too much and don't exercise enough to offset the calories in that food is the answer. The right, simple, non sexy answer.

Oh I would love to roll in dough,the bread, floury type, that would be a super carb workout :love:
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options