Motorcycles who rides?

Options

Replies

• pnut456
    pnut456 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I do! I do!! I just got my license last year and bought an 06 Ninja 250.... I wanted a sports bike in the worst way... and this is the only one I can fit on.. HAHA Until I get more comfortable riding I can get a 600 and have it lowered... I love my bike and so happy I took the course and got my license!!!
  • GeekyGirlLyn
    GeekyGirlLyn Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm saving for the one sitting in my profile as a gift to myself. I grew up riding with my dad and used one while at college! Can't wait to get back on the bandwagon after moving overseas and back again. Im jonesing for a bike fix and its perfect weather here in NC for it so its driving me crazy but need to pay to get my PhD so saving for an used but new to me Ducati Monster..............mmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Since I'm kinda new into the motorcycle scene again, I've been going over different gear to start buying. I was wondering what some others might recommend or prefer for anything from boots, clothes, helmets and even accessories (and on what type of bike?).

And speaking of helmets, any thoughts on this? Rogue_Model.jpg

http://www.bellhelmets.com/rogue-6393
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Since I'm kinda new into the motorcycle scene again, I've been going over different gear to start buying. I was wondering what some others might recommend or prefer for anything from boots, clothes, helmets and even accessories (and on what type of bike?).

Useless.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options

The helmet looks cool but the added features are more of a novelty than a legitimate safety feature. For gear it really depends on your budget. On the lower end of the budget spectrum, you really can't beat Scorpion or Cortech/Tourmaster (one brand, two different lines). There's also River Road, which is a strictly cruiser brand. For more middle of the line, Teknic is where it's at. For higher end stuff, Alpinestars (kind of straddling the line between mid/high end), RS Taichi, Dainese, and Ku****ani. For helmets, I think Bell, Scorpion, Shoei, Shark, and Arai are where it's at.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

The helmet looks cool but the added features are more of a novelty than a legitimate safety feature. For gear it really depends on your budget. On the lower end of the budget spectrum, you really can't beat Scorpion or Cortech/Tourmaster (one brand, two different lines). There's also River Road, which is a strictly cruiser brand. For more middle of the line, Teknic is where it's at. For higher end stuff, Alpinestars (kind of straddling the line between mid/high end), RS Taichi, Dainese, and Ku****ani. For helmets, I think Bell, Scorpion, Shoei, Shark, and Arai are where it's at.

Z1R makes some great inexpensive full face helmets.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Look for something that is Snell or ECE rated.
  • Rottnme
    Rottnme Posts: 167 Member
    Options

Useless.

Useless +1. ...don't even get me started.
  • danlarson
    danlarson Posts: 27
    Options
    Yes, that helmet is butt.

Harley Road King rider here. What do you think of the old girl's new paint job?

Finished6_zps6a4f1f65.jpg
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

That is gorgeous.
  • fysty75
    fysty75 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    <
    :glasses: 2001 Road King here.
  • danlarson
    danlarson Posts: 27
    Options
    Thanks Jonny.

That is gorgeous.
  • jsantarelli
    jsantarelli Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    2013.04%20BarberMotorsports-025-M.jpg

Here is the rest of that one from a 1957 Harley Davidson XL Sportster
  • PiCkLeLuV
    PiCkLeLuV Posts: 274
    Options
    I used to :frown:
  • jriehl08
    jriehl08 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Ill hit 2250 miles for the season on my way home today. Picked up another bike to build in my spare time. 74 xs650 that I will be hard tailing and making into a bobber. Hope to have it done by next spring.
  • jriehl08
    jriehl08 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    rolled 3100 miles Friday.
  • nblais06
    nblais06 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Too bad i dont know someone who lived closer who rode lol. I love bikes :smile:
  • BeTheFire
    BeTheFire Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    20 years of motocross experience here! Im pretty sure I have little motorcycles in my blood!
  • Underworld_Dandy
    Underworld_Dandy Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Haven'r ridden for 18 years after a major accident.
    (Lots of metal in my left leg and ankle. Replaced left hip. Left leg that looks like a badly made pizza)

That was until two weeks ago when I got a XL1200N.

I was going to get a Superglide 35th aniversary but my ankle couldn't deal with forward pegs....

Plus, up until recenly, I've been too fat for a bike :)

(That was my primary reason for joining here)

Oh and in a related NSV, the jacket i'm wearing in the pic is the one I was wearing 18 years ago when I had the off. Yes I know its snug but it zips :)
  • csman49
    csman49 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Me: (camera bike)
    http://youtu.be/3Y5je5d8Qq4

And #98 here
    8952471089_ef297baa8b.jpg