• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Ah, I understand now.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    AND THE WINNER IS . . .

Sorry OP. You didn't add enough fine print to satisfy those who refuse to do some thinking and concluding that you are not suggesting that every single person in the world do as you suggest. I actually understand that you are putting a suggestion out there for people who do run into this problem. People who don't run into this problem are apparently obligated by legal contact to stop by and burn you at the stake and accuse you of trying to take over the world.

:)

Are you talking to yourself? Aren't you the OP?

Yeah, she just doesn't know how to use quotes...

Either way OP, just a little word of advice...

Your body does not work on the weekly deficit schedule you think it does. It responds to your habits over an extended period of time. That 1 day doesn't undo the fact that your body has been burning fat all week long. Additionally, you will not be going over your TDEE by such a high amount that you would completely "undo" your entire week unless you are at a VERY low deficit and eat a LOT over your maintenance.
  • ToxicTinkerbell
    ToxicTinkerbell Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Glad you found something that works for YOU. I eat more than your so called upped calorie day on a average day and still lose weight.

me too!!!!!
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    AND THE WINNER IS . . .

Sorry OP. You didn't add enough fine print to satisfy those who refuse to do some thinking and concluding that you are not suggesting that every single person in the world do as you suggest. I actually understand that you are putting a suggestion out there for people who do run into this problem. People who don't run into this problem are apparently obligated by legal contact to stop by and burn you at the stake and accuse you of trying to take over the world.

Your body does not work on the weekly deficit schedule you think it does. It responds to your habits over an extended period of time. That 1 day doesn't undo the fact that your body has been burning fat all week long. Additionally, you will not be going over your TDEE by such a high amount that you would completely "undo" your entire week unless you are at a VERY low deficit and eat a LOT over your maintenance.

Quotes aren't a problem . . . fishing for the original in six pages seemed like a waste of time.

Maybe eating too low a deficit is a problem.
  • fattyfoodie
    fattyfoodie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Glad you found something that works for YOU. I eat more than your so called upped calorie day on a average day and still lose weight. I don't need cheat days cause I don't diet.

+1

Don't need to read any further.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    AND THE WINNER IS . . .

Quotes aren't a problem . . . fishing for the original in six pages seemed like a waste of time.

Hold on...time out.

You're saying you didn't feel like wasting time "fishing for the original in six pages"...

...and yet you somehow remembered the exact words that were posted?

Your memory is phenomenal.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    I agree. My idea of a "free day" is like.... a second glass of wine... or resting from workout. It should be a lifestyle change.... so you should figure out how to get the food you like worked into your calories daily.... not giving it up until Friday and then LET LOOSE and totally pig out. That's never going to work for a lifetime.
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    AND THE WINNER IS . . .

Hold on...time out.

You're saying you didn't feel like wasting time "fishing for the original in six pages"...

I just copied it out of the quickest, long string of quotes . . . Based on your reaction, I might have saved time pulling the original.
  • bnorris2013
    bnorris2013 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I also have cheat days - and yes i consider this a diet yes i am changing my lifestyle but until i actually get to the weight i want to be at then this is a diet and i will enjoy every last one of my cheat days

the days i hate are the ones i end up over not on purpose

however lately i have worked on instead of having cheat days i have heavy exercise days this way i can eat what i want and still be under my calories
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I eat 1500 calorie days....everyday. I'll probably have close to 1700 today.

I probably ate 3,000+ calories last Sunday.

Weekly calories mean more to me than daily. It hasn't affected my progress yet.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    21f92fdc-f3eb-4aca-9a94-eea36ee14d06.jpg
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I don't get how it's so easy to undo an entire week, I had a free day yesterday and didn't gain since my weigh in the day before... and trust me it was a FREEE DAYYYYYY ......

Sorry what, i'm still in a food coma..
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    AND THE WINNER IS . . .

Hold on...time out.

I just copied it out of the quickest, long string of quotes . . . Based on your reaction, I might have saved time pulling the original.

Actually, you could have saved even more time (and everyone some unnecessary confusion) if, after copying and pasting the quote, you would have sandwiched it between [ quote][ /quote] tags.

That would also be consistent with your assertion that quotes aren't a problem.

But you do what works for you (and defend it staunchly as if its infallibility is absolute).
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I started MFP mid June, 2011 - BMI = morbidly obese.

By the end of September, 2012, I reached my goal weight and lost more than 130 pounds.

15 months of active weight loss, with 2-3 "free" days a month.

Now: BMI = healthy. Bodyfat percentage = great. Muscles = strong. Metabolism = awesome. Pizza = delicious.

Today my profile said "ShannonMpls has logged into MFP for 700 days!" You know how I was able to keep that up? Because I take days "off" from logging. What a nightmare it would be to log every fricking day for 700 days with no breaks and no escape and no wonder people lose 20 pounds, quit, and gain back 30.

Yep, free days ARE A HORRIBLE IDEA.

You do what works for you; I'll do what works for me. Hugs.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Diet Crystal Pepsi was the bomb. Vanilla-y, gingery yumminess! My husband has said for decades that the one way to kill a product is for me to like it. :laugh:
    Stay. Away. From the new peanut butter PopTarts.

Please.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Peanut Butter Pop Tarts! Where are these wonderful magickal items???
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    AND THE WINNER IS . . .

Hold on...time out.

Actually, you could have saved even more time (and everyone some unnecessary confusion) if, after copying and pasting the quote, you would have sandwiched it between [ quote][ /quote] tags.

That would also be consistent with your assertion that quotes aren't a problem.

But you do what works for you (and defend it staunchly as if its infallibility is absolute).

You're "that guy" who jumps into random threads and tangents off on a typo, aren't you?
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Cheat days are probably the worst thing ever created in all of mankind. Eat what you want every day and learn not to overdo it.