5'5 & 5'6 women what is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• emilymaya16
    emilymaya16 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5'' and my current goal is 129, I'm 138 atm. I'm considering dropping it though as I did some 'ideal weight' calculations using some formulas and my perfect weight is supposed to be around 123 for my gender, height and age. However I have been trying to reach 129 for so long that I don't really want to move it when I'm so close to my goal! So what I think I'm gna do is get down to 129 and then decide if I want to lose any more. I may also have a break at this point and concentrate on being able to maintain. Ultimately I know that now I know my supposed 'perfect weight' I'm gna have a constant thing in the back of my head about wanting to reach it so I'm probably gna aim for 123 by the total end of my weight loss.
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5 and my goal weight is 137 (Random number I know, but it's where I felt my best/happiest!). My current weight is 145.
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 my original goal was 130 pounds.. I obtained that goal but since then I have gained 5 pounds of muscle and look better :) I no longer focus on the scale. My body composition keeps changing so I'm very happy with the progress I've been making.
  • krazykirl
    krazykirl Posts: 1
    Options
    135 :) Good luck!
  • kjwasmund
    kjwasmund Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My goals is also 125. However, if I can fit into my old jeans at 130, I will be ok with that too!
  • Fraileya19
    Fraileya19 Posts: 42
    Options
    My goal weight is to be 175lbs.. 2 reasons..

1. My doctor told me that was the weight he wanted me at.
    2.ONEderland... I haven't seen it since..............
  • aturbon
    aturbon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6", 53 years old, with a goal weight of 135 lbs. Looked and felt much better when I was there about 7 years ago.
  • theibster
    theibster Posts: 13
    Options
    Im 5'6'', 32, and my goal is 140-150lbs :)
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5" and my goal weight is 130lbs (currently 136), but honestly I don't care about the scale number. A 36" hip and 20% or so body fat would be my preference.

I'd say I have a medium frame, but I do have a large rib cage and don't carry a lot of weight on my upper body, so when I get too close to 130lbs, the bones in my chest and ribs really show, but my butt and thighs are where I like them. Sigh. Guess I just need to hit the weights on the lower half more. If I'm going to have bigger thighs they might as well be super muscular!

ETA: I'm 37 years old.
  • mbdiary
    mbdiary Posts: 9
    Options
    I am 5'6 my goal is 140. I look and feel my best at that weight. anything less i eat too little to maintain, much more than 140 i don't look or feel as good.
  • boachieee
    boachieee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and I currently weigh 145... I want to get down tot 125.
  • mbdiary
    mbdiary Posts: 9
    Options
    i am also 53 and my goal is 140 i feel so much more attractive at that weight. I've got 20 lbs to loose.
  • alysally5
    alysally5 Posts: 3
    Options
    I am 5'6" and with my age, I am looking to get down to 160. My short term goal is to get to 170 (I am 183 now). Even at 170, I really don't think I look too bad at 47 years old.
  • MEMD1974
    MEMD1974 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and 2 years ago I was 135 - 140lbs and every day I was in amazed at how my clothes fit and how I felt - even with no clothes. I think 125 is the lowest recommendation for my height, but I think that I might actually look older if I were 125 - might make my face look older.
  • Cocozest
    Cocozest Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and my ultimate goal weight is to be 135-140 pounds or have a 25% body fat. Whatever comes first :)
  • recipe4success
    recipe4success Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is to be 175lbs.. 2 reasons..

1. My doctor told me that was the weight he wanted me at.
    2.ONEderland... I haven't seen it since..............

we have the same goal weight :)
  • Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and 2 years ago I was 135 - 140lbs and every day I was in amazed at how my clothes fit and how I felt - even with no clothes. I think 125 is the lowest recommendation for my height, but I think that I might actually look older if I were 125 - might make my face look older.

Of course it will depend on muscle mass, but typically you could go to about 115 pounds and not be underweight.
  • larodriguez02
    larodriguez02 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 1/2 and my goal is 175. That will put me just out of plus sizes and that would make me very happy! once that happens I may set another goal, but just getting to that is going to be a lot of work!
  • rleath
    rleath Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My Goal Weight is between 155-160!
  • amandah25_2_go
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and want to get back down to 150lbs (pre babies weight) - I have a little larger build - I've lost a little over 25lbs and have 25lbs to go =)